Mallory or Jordan

They’re equally talented imo... Jordan is a freak athlete but Mallorys toughness in being able to play through injuries gives him the edge as the #1 imo.
Mallory hasn’t been injured. It’s a difference between being injured and having a few bumps and bruises.

Advertisement
Mallory is faster
According to Draft Scout, Jordan ran a reported 4.57-4.79 40-yard dash, and a 4.21 20-yard shuttle.

According to Draft Scout, Mallory ran a reported 4.53-4.63 40-yard dash, and a 4.20 20-yard shuttle.

Mallory is definitely faster, but is just learning how to use his speed. Mallory is in Njoku’s category as far as his speed, but Jordan is the better blocker by far.

Mallory should not be mentioned in the same breath as Greg Olsen.
I actually remember Olsen dropping a crap-load of passes here. He had a TON of potential, and he reached it in the NFL. Here, he dropped way too many passes. The one FSU game in particular. If we are just comparing college ball, it's a fair comparison.

Advertisement
What’s the teams ceiling if that happens? The entire OL may come back, lose Brevin, Harley, and Cam. Could see 8 returning starters. Defense - I’m sure it would depend on Blades and the DL returning.
Aside from Rousseau, every eligible junior should return and work on their craft if they want a chance to get drafted in the first three rounds

BOTH are excellent and BOTH will play on Sundays in the future.

That being said...they have different skills and.there are reasons why Jordan has always been the 1st teamer and Mallory playing behind him whenever both are healthy and our coaches must choose between them.

It's great that Mallory has risen to the occasion and performed great in Jordan's absence. It's what you expect from your backups when you have a good team. NEXT UP

Advertisement
Brevin is better at blocking, route running, and with the ball in his hands. Mallory is faster and i think has softer hands and should be better at jump balls but that isnt coming to frutition, both should be on the field.. take wiggins out

Advertisement
Mallory hasn’t been injured. It’s a difference between being injured and having a few bumps and bruises.
do you not see the big knee brace Mallory is wearing, Mallory said himself after rhe game that hes dealing with a knee injury and a rib injury

Advertisement
Mallory is certainly more valuable I'll tell you that much. He might be faster too. Jordan just has a stronger will with the ball after the catch. But in the end... I think Mallory has a nudge.

Different skill sets. Jordan is the prototypical H-back. He can block in-line or even as a fullback. He gets open underneath and is deadly after the catch. His acceleration and shiftiness are elite for a tight end. He’s like a running back in the open field. Mallory is the more popular NFL prototype. He’s tall and has really good straight line speed. He’s the downfield seem threat and red zone jump ball guy that quarterbacks love. He’s improved as a blocker but is still average in that regard. He’s not going to break ankles or nuke anyone but he’ll run away from a linebacker in man coverage and run over a DB on the goal line

Arroyo is better than both. I’m not being a Texas homer. He’s the best Texas tight end the last 10 years easily. He will be an absolute game breaker day 1 for us

Having these two guys on the field for the rest of the year would be great. With Harley playing the way he has and if second half Pope shows up then King would have a field day.

Advertisement
Back