Mallory or Jordan

Advertisement
Related - what do we think the chances are that Brevin comes back? Both from a should he come back and will he come back.

For should: Prior to the injuries he was considered one of the best TEs and likely to be drafted high and it would make sense (in my opinion) for him to go pro. But this being the 3rd season in a row where he has missed significant time, I would think that has brought his stock down significantly (both b/c of being injury prone and not being able to prove he is worthy of the high pick).

For will: This is Miami and until we consistently see it otherwise, I will assume that everyone one of our players that has shown even the slightest flash will leave for the NFL.

So Miami fan bias aside, what's everyone's take here? Putting yourself in neutral territory, should he leave? I haven't looked at any draft boards, does anyone still have him forecasted to go high?
I can't see a team reaching for an injury prone tight end whose best season was 495 yards receiving. That's just not good enough. Sure there's talent but he needs a full season and 800+ yards in order to sniff into that 1st/2nd round grade.

Hopefully he comes back, finishes strong, and returns next year and goes bananas. Same can be said for a number of other players.

I can't see a team reaching for an injury prone tight end whose best season was 495 yards receiving. That's just not good enough. Sure there's talent but he needs a full season and 800+ yards in order to sniff into that 1st/2nd round grade.

Hopefully he comes back, finishes strong, and returns next year and goes bananas. Same can be said for a number of other players.
I Love Brevin , but he absolutely needs to come back for sure. Don’t know If he will but that’s the right decision. He got more to prove

I don’t think Brevin Jordan is by far better than Will Mallory. Never have. Brevin is better but to me they’re in the same realm of player. But I’m in the 1% here and I never though Brevin was the player people said he was on this board. He was always at best round 3 to me

Advertisement
One of my primary reasons why I question Feeley’s effectiveness is Mallory. The kid has the all the goods, but to hype what he’s done, especially when comparing to Jordan, borders on “Tate for QB” lunacy.

2 games ago I watched a LB 30 lbs less than Mallory put Mallory on his ***. Yes, his blocking has improved, but … that’s not an isolated case and it should NEVER happen. His lower body strength and hips…I don’t see the training. I’m not sure if that’s because of injury or program, but his center of gravity is way too far forward. He’s not balanced. His hips are too tight. He drags his injured leg while running… Someone mentioned Olsen…shut up. He’s not close to being there yet, but … “big paws on a puppy” for real.

All of the pass catchers seem to be gaining confidence so I’m expecting more contested catches from Mallory from here on out.

Advertisement
Just my opinion but Mallory is better than or atleast equal to Jordan. I give Mallory the nudge because he has played hurt and is still a monster.

I know thier skill set is a bit different. We need Brevin to work some under crossing routes when he gets back. Haven't seen a drag thrown/caught this season.
Mallory is faster and taller. Brevin is better at blocking and catching. They're both incredibly talented and will be playing in the NFL.

Just my opinion but Mallory is better than or atleast equal to Jordan. I give Mallory the nudge because he has played hurt and is still a monster.

I know thier skill set is a bit different. We need Brevin to work some under crossing routes when he gets back. Haven't seen a drag thrown/caught this season.
They’re different TE’s. Brevin is better just because of his YAC plays. He can shake you in the open field. Mallory is built more like an in line TE with good speed but no shake.
Brevin is like Juno Smith
Mallory is like Tyler Eifert

Advertisement
Its too bad we couldn't have them both healthy this year w/ King. Hopefully Jordan comes back and TVD gets them both healthy next year.

Advertisement
Related - what do we think the chances are that Brevin comes back? Both from a should he come back and will he come back.

For should: Prior to the injuries he was considered one of the best TEs and likely to be drafted high and it would make sense (in my opinion) for him to go pro. But this being the 3rd season in a row where he has missed significant time, I would think that has brought his stock down significantly (both b/c of being injury prone and not being able to prove he is worthy of the high pick).

For will: This is Miami and until we consistently see it otherwise, I will assume that everyone one of our players that has shown even the slightest flash will leave for the NFL.

So Miami fan bias aside, what's everyone's take here? Putting yourself in neutral territory, should he leave? I haven't looked at any draft boards, does anyone still have him forecasted to go high?
If Brevin Jordan wants to be drafter higher than the 4th/5th round he needs to be on the filed proving that he can play 4-5 straight games, even if hurt. Otherwise, he is a talented, but brittle AND SHORT tight end and the NFL doesn’t like brittle or short. Not saying he is short, but he’s not 6’4”-6’6” which is what the NFL loves, see Kielce, Ebron, Kittle

I take jordan. He is just a level above mallory and you can tell the difference when Jordan is playing as opposed to Mallory. Mallory is a good player but I still don’t think he has put it all together yet.

1604943824569.jpeg
Brevin Jordan stands next to 6’4” David Njoku.

It’s been said that the most important ability is....

Availability.

Jordan’s a beast, but he’s gotta find a way back onto the field asap.

Advertisement
Back