Malik Rosier on why TVD should start vs UNC

Advertisement
Roman did an analysis on the play. He was very critical of both the playcall and the design. 2 WR on each side, all 4 running the same route. IIRC, it was a hitch. The WRs were so close together that the pick was made by the other WRs defender. (This was the 1st play of the game, which he was critical of. Instead of coming up with something scripted and creative, it was bleh.)

It doesn't sound like Gattis is doing TVD any favors or making it any easier.
Why does every OC need to dumb **** down for TVD, Garcia didn’t have a problem

Winning is all that matters. Jake looked a lot more comfortable at QB despite being in a terrible situation. People worried about Garcia throwing picks, but TVD threw two in like the first minute of the game. Dude is trash, mailed it in already. Garcia’s got that fire in him. The team needs that.

Red Zone efficiency is our biggest issue. I didn't see anything about Jake that convinced me he is better than TVD down there. It was the one thing I was waiting for. If we are going to beat UNC we have to count by 7s.

Give em both 1st team reps in practice and if one wins out big then go that route, but I dont think one will.

I seriously think that If you go to Jake and he fails then the season could be over and TVD is out of here.

I say you give him a planned serries in the first half and make decision at half about the game. Now if TVD comes out and throws a pick or falls on his face then give Jake that serries sooner, but naming him a starter at this point is to risky and is something you can do at anytime in the game.

Advertisement
i have no idea why we are talking about malik. TBH i dont know why we are even talking about TVD - I'd play Jaccuri over him.

Jake is the guy- leave tvd in the dust - let him transfer to smu or something--NO need to talk about him

Roman did an analysis on the play. He was very critical of both the playcall and the design. 2 WR on each side, all 4 running the same route. IIRC, it was a hitch. The WRs were so close together that the pick was made by the other WRs defender. (This was the 1st play of the game, which he was critical of. Instead of coming up with something scripted and creative, it was bleh.)

It doesn't sound like Gattis is doing TVD any favors or making it any easier.

He starred down Mallory so that DB didnt even care about the out threat. TVD should have saw that DB didnt bite and checked the other side. To see how the play is supposed to work look at the other side of the field since they both sides ran the same routes. The DB had to back track because of the threat of the out and had no idea where the ball was going. The other side of the field was wide open. He forced that in there when he shouldn't have. Its pretty clear to me that TVD failed there and it wasn't on the throw it was recognizing that the D didn't bite.

Advertisement
Yet you assume Garcia will excel at all these things based on his limited success against a horrible team once the coaches had no choice but to finally be aggressive.

What’s the plan if he doesn’t? Change QBs again? Imo this is an offensive philosophy problem. Throwing TVD to the scrap heap already won’t change anything.
Garcia is more mobile and more accurate on the run then TVD. He also pushes the ball down the field. This should open up the run game by forcing NC to play back.

Why does every OC need to dumb **** down for TVD, Garcia didn’t have a problem
I don't know if it's a case of dumbing stuff down. Gattis appears to prefer bunch formations and we do not use the entirety of the field. I feel like we play within the hashes. You can critique TVD I guess but again, coaches are not optimizing the talent IMO.

He started the game 0/2 with 2 Int’s lmao He’s toast. Malik Rosier opinion means zip anyway. I was at the Pitt game that year & he looked like he never played football before.

Season is over if TVD starts. We are out of the Coastal. Waiting until the game is over before pulling him is no move.

Advertisement
If Rosier wants to say something then he should have beat Pitt in 2017 instead of looking like he's never played football before

Agreed

Though I think the question isn’t about TVDs psyche (well not to me anyway) as much as once you make this decision with Garcia…that’s it

But we’ve seen plenty of examples in the game of a QB getting benched and then returning and being better for it

I don’t question TVDs toughness at all

@JHallCanes good points as usual. I would prefer to have one QB, but if we had to do what Georgia is doing and give them both reps to be optimal on offense, I'd be alright with that. Whatever happens, the staff has to be transparent with them and show confidence in both players.

I dont think its a tough call because winning this game is all that matters. Start TVD, tweak the play calling for quick hits and screens and if the line shows they are capable open it up. Give Jake a serries in the 1st half no matter. Make a decision at half about the rest of the game.
Quick hits? The guy can’t put touch on a ball to save his life. Here’s a rocket to your face mask as you turn. Here’s a rocket to the turf 5 feed wide.

Advertisement
Excellent points. However, you can't worry what it looks like to the fans or TVD. If anything he should have been taken out in the 1st half per CoachHayesFootball. As Coach Hayes said, the embarrassment of his play was far greater and detrimental than being removed from the game. TVD needed to be saved from himself.

I think TVD should start because despite what people think, Jake wasn't perfect. He made some mistakes as well. He was a big improvement and spark though.

The issue with starting Garcia is exactly what Rosier pointed out. If Jake doesn't perform as the starter, then you have nothing left because TVD will have zero confidence coming off the bench.

I start TVD. If he looks bad after 2-3 drives, I bring in Garcia. Jake will have less pressure coming off the bench because he'll be replacing a bad performance just like the MTSU game.
Jake was thrown into a dumpster fire with his first real snaps in a real game where we were losing. I’ll give him that slack all day long. TVD literally **** down his leg from the first snap. It’s unacceptable.

If Rosier wants to say something then he should have beat Pitt in 2017 instead of looking like he's never played football before
I will always go down thinking he A.) took a bribe to take the loss like Vinny… or B.) was just hungover and figured he could sleep walk to a win

Tvd has terrible body language and is playing ******. Can’t start him over Garcia imo. Questionable playing calling or not The throws he’s missing can not happen for a starting power 5 qb. It just can’t happen

Advertisement
Back