Malik Rosier has strong lead over N'Kosi Perry for UM starting QB spot

Advertisement
Dude, Perry went for 42% in the spring game. He was 50% in the other scrimmage this spring. In the other scrimmage action he’s seen he’s been 38-46%. Most of that has been 2nd and 3rd team work. You think LSU is going to send out their 3’s to make it a fair game?

I mean, at no point are you going to ask Perry to at least have one scrimmage where his completion percentage is as good as what Rosier averaged for the season before starting him? If Rosier is getting exposed out there completing 54% against D1 competition, what do you call Perry going for 42% against our second team? Most of Williams’s work has been with the 3s or 7v7 drills.

There’s a lot of practice time left between now and next season’s opener, and both these young guys will have a chance to make their case for the job. But if by September we’re still sitting here talking about these guys in terms of potential rather than how they lit it up in the fall scrimmages or just had a dominant camp, neither will see the field this year.

Wasn't it ones vs. twos and twos vs. ones?

Wasn't it ones vs. twos and twos vs. ones?
I thought that's what they said the format was going to be, but from all the reports I heard it was 1v1 and 2v2 with 3's rotated in and out with the 2 unit. Could be wrong I guess, but didn't CMR say Rosier's stats were against the 1's?

I thought that's what they said the format was going to be, but from all the reports I heard it was 1v1 and 2v2 with 3's rotated in and out with the 2 unit. Could be wrong I guess, but didn't CMR say Rosier's stats were against the 1's?
Yea richt was pretty adamant when stating he played with the 1's

Please don’t quote this ***** nerd.

He’s a ***** out of state white boy that’s never played a sport and spends day after day squinting at spreadsheets on a laptop and dropping tweets bashing Rosier. I would prefer someone else start, but this is the kind of shlt that hurts our image when someone constantly bashes the product on public social media.

There’s a difference, between this and twitter.

View attachment 59485

Look at this *****.

My six yr old niece could make short work of him

Social media. You gotta love it.

Guys that have never played a sport, are now experts because they can put together a spreadsheet.
Yea keyboard warrior at its finest 😂😂

Advertisement
Called this a week ago. Said if Perry wasn’t handed the job it would have nothing at all to do with him having 5 scrimmage games—38%, 50%, 40%, 46%, 44%, 4 TDs, 7 INTs. Mark Richt is a **** coach who can’t develop QB, even though he’s got as many Heisman winning QBs under his belt as Miami has had in it’s entire history and as many QBs in the NFL.

Tried to tell y’all last year that Perry was always a Plan B. He was never Richt’s “hand picked” QB, Allison was always supposed to be the guy, and Richt was never going to hire an OC to implement the Spread/Read Option.

And I told y’all after Saturday’s Spring Game almost word for word what Richt was going to say about Rosier and Perry.

Y’all gonna start listening to me one day.
What makes you say that about perry vs Allison

What makes you say that about perry vs Allison
I drew on my experience watching Richt work with DJ Shockley at UGA. Shockley liked to freelance too much and didn't see significant playing time until he was a Senior. Shockley was far more athletic than David Greene, but didn't get a real shot until Greene graduated because Greene could and would run the offense the way Richt wanted it ran, and Shockley tried to do his own thing too much for Richt's liking.

Ricks 3rd season here and we have a ******* baseball player that didn't even give a fvck about the football team until he was forced into the game vs Dook.

What a ******* schit show.

Not going to get this extreme on it. But for those that are arguing FOR Rosier at this juncture - this is a guy that has not gotten much better from his 2nd year up until now. He showed flashes in that Duke game. But you'd have to wonder where he'd be at if he decided to watch film and have a higher work ethic when he was behind Kaaya for 3 years. And that's the maddening part in all of this.

Advertisement
Not commenting on your whole post, but you're making this part up

I went more in depth than this last fall, but only about 5-600 of my posts are showing up in my content history.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/qb-observations-spring-game.131609/post-3291656

N'kosi was the plan B guy who's definitely a take, but everybody was saying that Perry was "Richt's guy" because he was going to run a spread offense. I simply made the point that Mark Richt had only ever used 2 dual threat guys. One of them was a Heisman caliber talent who made it impossible to keep off the field, Charlie Ward, and the other made to many freelance decisions to ever be trusted to run the offense until he was a Senior and the only option.

Called this a week ago. Said if Perry wasn’t handed the job it would have nothing at all to do with him having 5 scrimmage games—38%, 50%, 40%, 46%, 44%, 4 TDs, 7 INTs. Mark Richt is a **** coach who can’t develop QB, even though he’s got as many Heisman winning QBs under his belt as Miami has had in it’s entire history and as many QBs in the NFL.

Tried to tell y’all last year that Perry was always a Plan B. He was never Richt’s “hand picked” QB, Allison was always supposed to be the guy, and Richt was never going to hire an OC to implement the Spread/Read Option.

And I told y’all after Saturday’s Spring Game almost word for word what Richt was going to say about Rosier and Perry.

You sound crazy.... when N’Kosi decommitted richt and co recruited him as he if he was their top priority period in that class...

You sound crazy.... when N’Kosi decommitted richt and co recruited him as he if he was their top priority period in that class...
I never said they didn't. Perry is hella talented and a take in any class. Don't take it to mean that Richt didn't want Kosi. I'm just saying the same thing I said then when people were saying he was bringing a dual threat guy to implement some new offense. I said it'd be going against nearly everything else he's ever done. Allison was more in line with the CMR prototypical QB than Perry was. Never meant it as a slight to Perry or to imply we didn't want him.

I refuse to put all of the blame for the offensive struggles on Rosier. He was a part of the problem but both years Richt has been calling plays we have been ranked 50+ in total offense. Even with Kaaya was QB. So first it was Kaaya, then Rosier, now Perry. It's Richt's call who the QB is but its no excuses for the offense with these weapons.

Advertisement
I refuse to put all of the blame for the offensive struggles on Rosier. He was a part of the problem but both years Richt has been calling plays we have been ranked 50+ in total offense. Even with Kaaya was QB. So first it was Kaaya, then Rosier, now Perry. It's Richt's call who the QB is but its no excuses for the offense with these weapons.

you're leaving a lot of context out

first off, kayaa is hot grabage. Don't act like we had some super duper quarterback there

2nd, that offensive line was PITIFUL

3rd last year our top wide out, top tight end, and top running back were out on top of another pretty average to bad offensive line

this was the year I was hoping for things to change. rosier said everything you needed to hear about him at that pitt game, in no way shape or form would that guy ever start another down on my football team with that type of mentality

If one of the young guys was better they’d be playing. This isnt about loyalty to Malik, its about the inability of the coach to have a legit solution to the QB spot. Between this and the recruiting fails, its feeling like business as usual for UM.

Malik isn’t far and away better than the kids, he’s not far and away better than many qbs. Richt just doesn’t want to bench a guy that
So.........analytics showing how anything beyond ten yards....or rather if passes are not at the LOS is beyond awful is useless? Makes complete sense.

82 % on zero yard throws is a mind blowing stat

Advertisement
So the RS-Fr and Tr-FR who have never taken a collegiate snap didn't unseat the incumbent starter during Spring ball? Shocking turn of events.

You're just repeating the same nonsense that Hightowers "Uncle" was selling re: Allison. Allison flamed-out. Richt sent his son to Orlando weekly to lockdown Perry.

you're leaving a lot of context out

first off, kayaa is hot grabage. Don't act like we had some super duper quarterback there

2nd, that offensive line was PITIFUL

3rd last year our top wide out, top tight end, and top running back were out on top of another pretty average to bad offensive line

this was the year I was hoping for things to change. rosier said everything you needed to hear about him at that pitt game, in no way shape or form would that guy ever start another down on my football team with that type of mentality

Sounds like a whole lot of excuses to me. Kaaya was not garbage while he wasn't a Heisman winner he was plenty serviceable and at the top of ACC QBs the year before Richt came. Offensive line play wasn't great and still appears to not be great. Even when we had all of those weapons the offense wasn't lighting it on fire.

Advertisement
Back