Malik Rosier has strong lead over N'Kosi Perry for UM starting QB spot

Earnest T. Bass

Sophomore
Susan: "For those University of Miami fans praying that redshirt freshman N'Kosi Perry unseats veteran starter Malik Rosier, and there are plenty of them emoting daily on social media, Hurricanes coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever Tuesday after practice that Rosier’s grip on the starting job is tight." SIAP

Advertisement
Motivation or truth?

This can either motivate them or cause Perry to transfer which I doubt because he’s only a RS Fr. So I’m leaning motivational purposes for QB2 and QB3.

Advertisement
I'm not sure why people hang on every word coach says as gospel. There could be a bunch of misdirection reasons he says some of the stuff he says to the media. What he says may not be an answer to an argument on this board. Could be motivation, could be misdirection for opposing teams, or it could be the plain truth... only he really knows. What happens on the field is only part of what makes him one of the winningest coaches in college.

He’s going to start Malik and just wait for him to lay one of his turds , then pull.

He’d been benched last year if we had a decent qb room, so he’ll just give him enough rope.

I hate this, but it looks to be the plan.

I’d much rather ride with one of the youngsters.

Last edited:
If one of the young guys was better they’d be playing. This isnt about loyalty to Malik, its about the inability of the coach to have a legit solution to the QB spot. Between this and the recruiting fails, its feeling like business as usual for UM.

If one of the young guys was better they’d be playing. This isnt about loyalty to Malik, its about the inability of the coach to have a legit solution to the QB spot. Between this and the recruiting fails, its feeling like business as usual for UM.
So you are one of those "glass half empty" type of people?

Advertisement
This is our downfall
chicken little.jpg

Advertisement
This approach makes me want to vomit. The offense has zero pulse with Malik on the field. The rate of 3 and outs in the latter end of last season was appalling. Put in Nkosi/Jarren, let them sputter and gain their footing, and see where they can take us.
1352330517805.gif

Advertisement
Really doesn't matter.... UNLESS he's saying that he's sticking with Rosier no matter what:eek:.........and I don't think he's saying that at all.

Just that as of right now, Rosier's definitely in the lead.

Coach ain't stupid, he wants to win more than any of us do. He'll play whoever gives us the best chance to win

Relax and let this summer and season play out because now CMR has good options..unlike last year.. and he won't be reluctant to make a switch should that ever become necessary.

Advertisement
Back