Malik Rosier has strong lead over N'Kosi Perry for UM starting QB spot

Hmm I didn't get that so definitively from Richt. In a passing reference to Jarren getting a red shirt, he qualified it by saying something like I"m not even saying that will happen". I think he is waiting to see what's up through the summer and beginning of august.
And I ain't fully buying that Cade is missing practice because of pink-eye rather than perhaps showing up again with pink eyes.

Advertisement
And we’d be bringing in a kid who cant even beat Rosier out

Just bc he doesn't beat him out now, I really do not believe is a knock on Perry. If Rosier and Perry were both RS Fresh then yeah I would say it's a problem. Some guys just take longer to develop and it's no secret that Perry needs reps.

And who knows, maybe he's the type of guy who just gets it when thrown into the fire mid-season.

Ask yourselves - What Would Richt Do?

Start the 5th year senior who led you to 10 wins and a division title while accounting for 31 TDs?

or

Start a freshmans who has never taken a collegiate snap?
Troll harder, *******. Rosier didn't "lead" us to 10 wins. The defense led us to 10 wins. A lot of quarterbacks could have won 10 games with last years team. They probably wouldn't have lost to ****sburgh, either.

“Just like today, he saw a blitz,’’ Richt said of Rosier. “He made a check. He got us into a great protection. He got us into a great route. He threw a great ball. [Mike] Harley caught it probably 25 yards down the field for a big first down. …He did exactly what a veteran quarterback should do, exactly how he should do it.
This never happened 1 time this past season. Please don't @ me.

Advertisement
Rosier, Perry, and Williams each would be streaky and sometimes downright awful. Rosier should be the starter based on experience and some proven guts.

For me, personally, I think I’m doing good. My accuracy rate needs to go up. Other than that, I’m doing fine."
It's a fundamental issue, there is a clip in the spring game highlight of Malik winding up, planting, loading, and throwing against his weight on his front leg. The whole process is unnatural and frankly looks painful. He is not going to be more accurate unless he puts the time in to fix his broken fundamentals. HE throws and Incredible 20 yard back shoulder fade, everything is else is terribly inconsistent. I hope he puts in more work this summer than any QB in UM history ever has. Because if not, and he starts we will be the 8 and 5 that we should have been last year. Please don't @ me, we should not have win at the least the GT and FSU game. It was even close at halftime with Toledo with Rosier at QB.

Rosier, Perry, and Williams each would be streaky and sometimes downright awful. Rosier should be the starter based on experience and some proven guts.
Rosier is largely awful sir. The game tape says as much, particularly when you don't factor in the final scores.

Idgaf what is being said Rosier sucks, and he better not be our starter week 1.

Or what, princess? You’re going to throw one of these. lol

A0373BCB-7055-4B81-9889-6B8C81572CF6.gif

Advertisement
Richt doesn't strike me as someone who says things to the media to motivate people. He's a straight shooter
I don't know. I could see it both ways. He could be protecting Rosier because there are so many detractors.

On the other hand, I realy don't believe Richt wants Rosier thinking he's got the position already locked up heading into Fall camp. Especially since he's been less than spectacular. His biggest upside is experience and knowing what to do. From all accounts he hasn't outperformed Perry or Williams.

If you want to unseed the starter, you've got to be head and shoulders above the incumbent. In that way, it's also motivation for Perry, William's, and Weldon.

After further thought, I think Richt might be "priming " the fans because he knows he's going to start Rosier against LSU and wants to put down the Rosier revolt so it doesn't snowball before the season starts.

Listen, I’m all for Richt, but starting a QB who has been exposed, hampers the offense, and is inaccurate af, b/c he’s a 5th yr Sr is troublesome for me. Malik hampers YACs sustaining drives, converting TOs and field position into 6, and limits our RZ offense.

That’s being safe. Take the f’n training wheels off and let the kids play. It’s obvious Rosier doesn’t have the command or respect of the team. I’m not saying it’s Perry, but let JW truly have an opportunity v. pre-determining the QB. That’s disingenuous to both Perry and Williams. I need Richt to realize it’s 2018, not 2000.

He’s going to start Malik and just wait for him to lay one of his turds , then pull.

He’d been benched last year if we had a decent qb room, so he’ll just give him enough rope.

I hate this, but it looks to be the plan.

I’d much rather ride with one of the youngsters.
Cribby, I hear you but at what point do you think Mark would have pulled Rosier last year? I’m guessing about halftime in tally, cause he sure wasn’t puliing him after that last pass. You bench him during Pitt game? Maybe, but then how starts the title game: guy that got you there or whoever took his place at Pitt, I assume then won the game. Bench Rosier is easy decision for us out here, but those ugly questionable 10 wins where the most we’ve seen in a long long time and the best start EVER for Mark as a HC in his career. Rosier might not finish the year as starter, heck he might not finish the LSU game, but unless one of the other guys is Jim Kelly, he is starting the season as starter.

Great I'm so excited to see Dozier under center again this year!

Gonna be so dynamic to watch I'm ******* giddy!

Advertisement
"For me, personally, I think I’m doing good. My accuracy rate needs to go up. Other than that, I’m doing fine." -Rosier

Is this quote just one big oxymoron? It's like someone saying, "For me, personally, I think I'm doing well financially. I just need money though. Other than that, I'm doing well financially."

giphy.gif
This is the lackadaisical, IDGAF attitude that kills me. If you can't hit your targets as a QB, you're not doing fine.

Richt doesn't strike me as someone who says things to the media to motivate people. He's a straight shooter

You must not be paying attention, see Corn Elder two years ago and Malik last year! Coach uses everything at his disposal, all players are different and what it takes to motivate. I have not listened to anything or seen anything, but I would not be surprised if this is his way to keep pushing the young cats over the summer!

Advertisement
Troll harder, *******. Rosier didn't "lead" us to 10 wins. The defense led us to 10 wins. A lot of quarterbacks could have won 10 games with last years team. They probably wouldn't have lost to ****sburgh, either.

Spider you know you're a mumbling, stuttering little f*ck. You know that? The defense will be good again in 2018. Makes some sense to go with the safest option while the other two QBs keep learning. Richt isn't exactly a big risk taker.

Personally, I would rather a freshman start against LSU and get the butterflies out of the way in a 0-0 game, than to have to come in down 14-0 because Rosier just threw a pick 6. That would be a lot harder than a guy having a week or two to let it sink in that he's starting.

Starting him because he knows what to do in every situation is foolish if he can't actually execute it. Also, I am not buying that Rosier knows as much as coaches say. If he did, why did the O look like it had training wheels on all season? Heck, when it looked like the training wheels might come off, the O really fell apart.

Listen, I’m all for Richt, but starting a QB who has been exposed, hampers the offense, and is inaccurate af, b/c he’s a 5th yr Sr is troublesome for me. Malik hampers YACs sustaining drives, converting TOs and field position into 6, and limits our RZ offense.

That’s being safe. Take the f’n training wheels off and let the kids play. It’s obvious Rosier doesn’t have the command or respect of the team. I’m not saying it’s Perry, but let JW truly have an opportunity v. pre-determining the QB. That’s disingenuous to both Perry and Williams. I need Richt to realize it’s 2018, not 2000.
Dude, Perry went for 42% in the spring game. He was 50% in the other scrimmage this spring. In the other scrimmage action he’s seen he’s been 38-46%. Most of that has been 2nd and 3rd team work. You think LSU is going to send out their 3’s to make it a fair game?

I mean, at no point are you going to ask Perry to at least have one scrimmage where his completion percentage is as good as what Rosier averaged for the season before starting him? If Rosier is getting exposed out there completing 54% against D1 competition, what do you call Perry going for 42% against our second team? Most of Williams’s work has been with the 3s or 7v7 drills.

There’s a lot of practice time left between now and next season’s opener, and both these young guys will have a chance to make their case for the job. But if by September we’re still sitting here talking about these guys in terms of potential rather than how they lit it up in the fall scrimmages or just had a dominant camp, neither will see the field this year.

Personally, I would rather a freshman start against LSU and get the butterflies out of the way in a 0-0 game, than to have to come in down 14-0 because Rosier just threw a pick 6. That would be a lot harder than a guy having a week or two to let it sink in that he's starting.

Starting him because he knows what to do in every situation is foolish if he can't actually execute it. Also, I am not buying that Rosier knows as much as coaches say. If he did, why did the O look like it had training wheels on all season? Heck, when it looked like the training wheels might come off, the O really fell apart.

tumblr_m8do7xrJIG1qf8btso1_400.gif

Advertisement
Back