Malik Rosier has strong lead over N'Kosi Perry for UM starting QB spot

I refuse to put all of the blame for the offensive struggles on Rosier. He was a part of the problem but both years Richt has been calling plays we have been ranked 50+ in total offense. Even with Kaaya was QB. So first it was Kaaya, then Rosier, now Perry. It's Richt's call who the QB is but its no excuses for the offense with these weapons.

See Offensive Line!

Advertisement
“I’m doing fine.”

Loser mentality. If you’re content with your current status then you will never achieve greatness.

The telling words from the previous video is he seemed to reiterate that your a qb "with the ability to run" hopefully both Nkosi and jarren are picking up what he's putting down
Are you seriously comparing the situation with Malik rosier to the prior situation with david greene? Ok. Welp im done. Thanks. David greene might not have been a world beater but he was no part of malik rosier EVER... this is why every situation is unique. Never has a mark richt coached team had such an awful qb situation. NEVER

Advertisement
Are you seriously comparing the situation with Malik rosier to the prior situation with david greene? Ok. Welp im done. Thanks. David greene might not have been a world beater but he was no part of malik rosier EVER... this is why every situation is unique. Never has a mark richt coached team had such an awful qb situation. NEVER
Not at all lol I'm just referring back to saying richt is doing his coach talk in saying what he wants but I'm just spit balling at this point maybe what he really wants in translation into what rosier can
Give him probably won't satisfy richt. Idk that whole video through a monkey wrench into what I was previously thinking I'm just hoping richt isn't too stubborn come fall camp

If Rosier starts we're going 8-4 or 9-3. You can't expect the defense to force 30 turnovers again and being lucky or clutch isn't a trait you can develop as a team. We were very fortunate to win 10 games last year no matter how you spice it. We were lucky to beat FSU, UNC, GT, Cuse, and Virginia as all those games were close till late and NONE of them were even good.

Not at all lol I'm just referring back to saying richt is doing his coach talk in saying what he wants but I'm just spit balling at this point maybe what he really wants in translation into what rosier can
Give him probably won't satisfy richt. Idk that whole video through a monkey wrench into what I was previously thinking I'm just hoping richt isn't too stubborn come fall camp
I actually meant what loose cannon was saying brother. I was reading all this on the plane in and out of sleep. Must have pressed reply on the wrong spot. Its beena long week. Well be fine. Dont let all this media crap stress u bruh. Even if he gives malik a chance hes not gonna settle for malik playing anywhere near like last year and in maliks case a spade is simply a spade...

You always manage to miss the point, bruh. Ain’t nobody on this board trying to compare Rosier to David Greene. Not even really comparing Shockley to Perry. I’m looking at one thing, their tendency to go off script, and saying I believe it is holding Kosi off the field the same way it held Shockley until he was a senior. If you ain’t gonna run the play Richt calls the way he calls it, you ain’t gonna play. I don’t give a **** if the other option is Tom Greene.

74FA5045-D3F2-4390-8669-ABF93DFEB428.jpeg

Advertisement
I'm a big fan of the peanut gallery that says "we should go with Rosier because he's experienced and won us 10 games last year". Lest they forget, we were 2 miracle drives (FSU/GaTech), and a defensive stop (UNC), away from being 7-4 instead of 10-1. Yes, I know, the ball bouncing our way sometimes is part of the game. However, ideally I'd prefer a quarterback that doesn't allow games to get into those situations. Someone who can blow out and put away teams we should be blowing out and putting away.

Another year of Rosier is another year of stagnation. Give me Perry or Williams, or continue watching our descent into the pit of 10-2/9-3 perpetuity.

last year we saw what Evan did with time and he sucked. This year those minutes will go to Perry/Cade/JW. We will see them for sure this year and how they react. And see just how short Malik’s leash is

I'm a big fan of the peanut gallery that says "we should go with Rosier because he's experienced and won us 10 games last year". Lest they forget, we were 2 miracle drives (FSU/GaTech), and a defensive stop (UNC), away from being 7-4 instead of 10-1. Yes, I know, the ball bouncing our way sometimes is part of the game. However, ideally I'd prefer a quarterback that doesn't allow games to get into those situations. Someone who can blow out and put away teams we should be blowing out and putting away.

Another year of Rosier is another year of stagnation. Give me Perry or Williams, or continue watching our descent into the pit of 10-2/9-3 perpetuity.
Revisionist History.

We were deep in the 3rd with a 10-3 lead on FSU, then the defense gave up 17 points on three consecutive FSU drives. The only reason we won that game is because Malik Rosier drove the length of the field and took the lead back both times. those games are always close and they almost always come down to the 4th qtr, the last play, or a kick. 7 years in a row we'd been on the short side of that.

30-26 in 2014 Kaaya throws a pick with 0:41 left.

29-24 in 2015 Kaaya 4th down pass incomplete (tipped at the line)

20-19 in 2016 Badgley PAT blocked

Three straight years we had the ball and a chance to tie or win and we came up short. I don't want to hear anymore **** about how it was Rosier's fault the game was close. For the first year in 4 we put the ball in someone's hands who didn't shrink from the moment--not once but twice that game.

Advertisement
Revisionist History.

We were deep in the 3rd with a 10-3 lead on FSU, then the defense gave up 17 points on three consecutive FSU drives. The only reason we won that game is because Malik Rosier drove the length of the field and took the lead back both times. those games are always close and they almost always come down to the 4th qtr, the last play, or a kick. 7 years in a row we'd been on the short side of that.

30-26 in 2014 Kaaya throws a pick with 0:41 left.

29-24 in 2015 Kaaya 4th down pass incomplete (tipped at the line)

20-19 in 2016 Badgley PAT blocked

Three straight years we had the ball and a chance to tie or win and we came up short. I don't want to hear anymore **** about how it was Rosier's fault the game was close. For the first year in 4 we put the ball in someone's hands who didn't shrink from the moment--not once but twice that game.

You picked one of the four games (the other being the one we actually lost, to a putrid Pitt team) I mentioned, in order to support your argument. What do you have to say about the other 3 games? We wouldn't have been in them had it not been for Malik right? His completion percentage sure seems to agree with you.

He beat FSU, and no one will ever take that away from him. He came through in primetime, and he broke a 7 year losing streak. For that I am forever grateful. But if you're allowing that single game to blind you from his overarching imperfections, you're a fool.

And thanks for posting the highlights; I was at every single one of those games so no need for the reminder.

Well what was stopping Malik from driving and scoring in the midst of their 17 consecutive pts???? Who told him to stop driving and scoring like he did in that last drive??

Advertisement
If Rosier starts we're going 8-4 or 9-3. You can't expect the defense to force 30 turnovers again and being lucky or clutch isn't a trait you can develop as a team. We were very fortunate to win 10 games last year no matter how you spice it. We were lucky to beat FSU, UNC, GT, Cuse, and Virginia as all those games were close till late and NONE of them were even good.

I want Perry at QB but I can't find 4 losses with Rosier at QB.
Our offense is better and our defense is better.

I'm not a Rosier fan, but a real bad Rosier still won those games. Can he play any worse than that?

The D will keep us in good shape at home.
Circle the 5 road games.
We go 3-2 away from Hard Rock regardless of who is the QB, IMO.
So yeah, why not Perry?
I just hope 1 of those L's is not at VT.

You picked one of the four games (the other being the one we actually lost, to a putrid Pitt team) I mentioned, in order to support your argument. What do you have to say about the other 3 games? We wouldn't have been in them had it not been for Malik right? His completion percentage sure seems to agree with you.

Bruh, I didn't pick anything. You picked the FSU game to support your argument that FSU was some kind of miracle that wouldn't have gotten to that point had it not been for Rosier. You're just wrong. The game was only close because the defense gave up 17 4th quarter points and it was only won because Rosier led the team down and took the lead back both times.

As for the GaTech game, remind me again...was it Rosier who:
a. called for an onside kick to begin the 2nd half?
b. botched that onside kick?
c. failed to field it for a penalty rather than allowing it to be returned?
d. failed to tackle the return man?
e. drove the ball from our own 8 yard line completing 8 of 11 passes for 89 yards and set up a game winning gimmie field goal from 7 yards out?

As for UNC, did we ever trail in that game? Did we need a defensive stop because Rosier fumbled the ball to UNC or because Travis Homer did?

You never mentioned a 4th game.

Bruh, I didn't pick anything. You picked the FSU game to support your argument that FSU was some kind of miracle that wouldn't have gotten to that point had it not been for Rosier. You're just wrong. The game was only close because the defense gave up 17 4th quarter points and it was only won because Rosier led the team down and took the lead back both times.

As for the GaTech game, remind me again...was it Rosier who:
a. called for an onside kick to begin the 2nd half?
b. botched that onside kick?
c. failed to field it for a penalty rather than allowing it to be returned?
d. failed to tackle the return man?
e. drove the ball from our own 8 yard line completing 8 of 11 passes for 89 yards and set up a game winning gimmie field goal from 7 yards out?

As for UNC, did we ever trail in that game? Did we need a defensive stop because Rosier fumbled the ball to UNC or because Travis Homer did?

You never mentioned a 4th game.

I'll concede FSU for the sake of not going in circles and arguing.

You continue to harp on SINGLE drives in order to validate this theory that Rosier is a good QB.

The fact that you're happy just because "we didn't trail" against UNC tells me everything I need to know. You're okay with mediocrity, and that's fine, excellence isn't for everyone. In order to be a CHAMPIONSHIP program, you should be blowing those teams out.

If you read my second post, I said Pitt was the fourth unmentioned game. If you don't believe me when I saw how terribly subpar Rosier was in those games, let's take a look at his raw QBR. (on a scale of 0-100, with 50 being average)

FSU - 44.3
GaTech - 44.4
UNC - 48.1
Pitt - 31.4

and I'll throw Clemson and Wisconsin in here for fun

Clemson - 7.7
Wisconsin - 24

Source: http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3123047/malik-rosier

The numbers don't lie, friend. You can keep pulling the sheets over your own eyes, but don't try to convince anyone that he was a good quarterback, because he wasn't.

I'll concede FSU for the sake of not going in circles and arguing.

You continue to harp on SINGLE drives in order to validate this theory that Rosier is a good QB.

The fact that you're happy just because "we didn't trail" against UNC tells me everything I need to know. You're okay with mediocrity, and that's fine, excellence isn't for everyone. In order to be a CHAMPIONSHIP program, you should be blowing those teams out.

If you read my second post, I said Pitt was the fourth unmentioned game. If you don't believe me when I saw how terribly subpar Rosier was in those games, let's take a look at his raw QBR. (on a scale of 0-100, with 50 being average)

FSU - 44.3
GaTech - 44.4
UNC - 48.1
Pitt - 31.4

and I'll throw Clemson and Wisconsin in here for fun

Clemson - 7.7
Wisconsin - 24

Source: http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3123047/malik-rosier

The numbers don't lie, friend. You can keep pulling the sheets over your own eyes, but don't try to convince anyone that he was a good quarterback, because he wasn't.

No I do not. This is where you're confused. I never once said Rosier was a good QB. I'm simply not about to sit here and listen to people write off the few bright spots of 2017 as luck or miracles. When he was good, he was good, but there wasn't enough good to sustain a season of success. Fine. We don't need to rewrite the past to try to make him look worse than he was to make a case for a new guy.

Advertisement
Back