Malik Rosier has strong lead over N'Kosi Perry for UM starting QB spot

Advertisement
Called this a week ago. Said if Perry wasn’t handed the job it would have nothing at all to do with him having 5 scrimmage games—38%, 50%, 40%, 46%, 44%, 4 TDs, 7 INTs. Mark Richt is a **** coach who can’t develop QB, even though he’s got as many Heisman winning QBs under his belt as Miami has had in it’s entire history and as many QBs in the NFL.

Tried to tell y’all last year that Perry was always a Plan B. He was never Richt’s “hand picked” QB, Allison was always supposed to be the guy, and Richt was never going to hire an OC to implement the Spread/Read Option.

And I told y’all after Saturday’s Spring Game almost word for word what Richt was going to say about Rosier and Perry.

Y’all gonna start listening to me one day.

I'm not a Rosier hater and if he wins the job so beit. You seem to be a Perry hater. You have stated in several threads Perry's completion % as if it's the whole picture. Moving the chains and scoring matters most.

For example, a sack is worse than a incomplete pass...yes? They are drive killers. Rosier had 4. you don't compare that stat. Perry ran for 45 Rosier -24. If Rosier would have thrown the ball away his stats would have been 9 of 18 and would have been a better performance.

Richt said on Joe Rose that Perry closed the gap in the scrimmage. Also said he was starting to take leadership in the huddle.

It's not just Rosier's completion rate, he takes too many sacks, too many tipped balls, poor at running read option, panics under pressure, etc. I'm stating this not to bash Rosier, just based on my eyes and coaches statements Perry's coming along just fine.

I understand Rosier went only against the 1's and I take that into account. I just wish people would compare apples to apples and not cherry pick stats. Some of us think Perry played fairly good this last scrimmage, it usually takes time and reps to be really good. I believe all QB's will get better by the season, including Rosier. Lets let it play out, I doubt qb play will be worse than last year regardless who plays.

I'm not a Rosier hater and if he wins the job so beit. You seem to be a Perry hater. You have stated in several threads Perry's completion % as if it's the whole picture. Moving the chains and scoring matters most.

For example, a sack is worse than a incomplete pass...yes? They are drive killers. Rosier had 4. you don't compare that stat. Perry ran for 45 Rosier -24. If Rosier would have thrown the ball away his stats would have been 9 of 18 and would have been a better performance.

Richt said on Joe Rose that Perry closed the gap in the scrimmage. Also said he was starting to take leadership in the huddle.

It's not just Rosier's completion rate, he takes too many sacks, too many tipped balls, poor at running read option, panics under pressure, etc. I'm stating this not to bash Rosier, just based on my eyes and coaches statements Perry's coming along just fine.

I understand Rosier went only against the 1's and I take that into account. I just wish people would compare apples to apples and not cherry pick stats. Some of us think Perry played fairly good this last scrimmage, it usually takes time and reps to be really good. I believe all QB's will get better by the season, including Rosier. Lets let it play out, I doubt qb play will be worse than last year regardless who plays.
Great post...good job pointing out the sacks vs. throwing the ball away(incompletion). Perry and Williams need reps, #12 has 14 games worth and 4yrs of practice yet still doesn't move the chains...Go CANES

You're just repeating the same nonsense that Hightowers "Uncle" was selling re: Allison. Allison flamed-out. Richt sent his son to Orlando weekly to lockdown Perry.
Whatevs. I bet you were one of those guys who were saying Kaaya left because Richt pushed him out to make room for his new dual threat QB and spread option offense.

Meanwhile I’ve been watching Richt coach the last 17 years and could tell you what was about to happen the minute he took the job and brought in a grad transfer fullback. We fixing to run a pro-style balanced offense that specializes in using zone running schemes to set up play action. Richt is a chess player and right now he’s just getting to the point where he has all his pieces set up like he wants.

Ain’t no **** pawn about to ***** up his board by making his own moves. Been telling y’all since he got here that the freelance stuff was not gonna fly, and if @Brooklyndee once thought that same way, sounds like he should have stuck with his gut instinct.

Advertisement

The biggest problem I see is that people dismiss any and all fair criticism of Perry as hate, so instead of considering any possibility that there may be a few things for Perry to work on, you have to convince yourself that Coach Richt, who is by all other accounts a Godly man, is lying to the fans and the media--and for what purpose? To safeguard Rosier's self esteem?

I got nothing against Perry. He's brand new. But he's been a sub 50% passer since he's been here and has thrown only 4 Tds to 7 INT's. When we get to the point where we're no longer talking about Perry--or Williams--in terms of their potential, but rather how they're lighting up scrimmages and dominating camps, I'll start taking them seriously as a candidate for QB1.

The biggest thing that will hold Perry back under Mark Richt is his tendency to improvise rather than execute the play. I believe the words Richt used was, when a play breaks down or the pocket collapses, that's one thing, but when the protection's there and you have a pretty good pocket, you gotta hang tough and make a play. So all that mess about Perry's rushing yards and not taking sacks...while you may have convinced yourself it's a good thing, it's not what Richt wants to see. My guess would be that this is doubly important in a scripted scrimmage where he's trying to evaluate how everyone is coming along at understanding the system and executing plays.

I've seen people try to rip Rosier, saying he was only 65% this scrimmage because he played it safe. Well, duh, but it ain't always about being safe. Now try to stay with me here, and keep in mind what I said about Richt being a chess player. That hitch route, that out route, the swing pass, or bubble screen? Yeah...he's trying to talk that SAM into taking a step closer to the line and the safties to cheat out to the hash just a little further to help out on the boundary...then when the pieces are in place, play action skinny post that cuts behind the SAM and splits that huge gap between the safeties.

Now, I know you're thinking, well Rosier missed as many of those down the stretch as he made, and you'd get no argument out of me. My point is not to praise Rosier or bash Perry. I'm just trying to give my opinion on what I believe to be Richt's thought process. I don't yet think Richt trusts Perry to read the LB leverage or the safeties cheating the boundary and check to the PA pass. It doesn't matter if he can hit the throw he never takes. If he stays into the play that the defense is cheating up on, yeah, he may be able to use his athleticism to prevent a sack or a negative play. But just because it wasn't a bad play doesn't mean it was the right play.

Loose cannon going around hating on and on about Perry like bshaw28 used to do mark Walton lol

Last edited:
Agreed. This guy is a bald faced liar........

Perry was Richt's #1 choice BY FAR........... John Jr. moved to Occala in order to re-secure N'Kosis' commitment..........
You should probably go back to correcting peoples' grammar and pretending you know about recruiting. You can call me wrong all day. I'd rather be wrong and win than right and lose anyway. But don't call me a liar. @Liberty City El and @Brooklyndee can attest to the fact that we've been arguing about this since I joined. In fact, the reason I quit lurking these forums and finally registered was so I could comment on what I believed, and still believe, is a wide misconception from this board about what kind of coach Richt is, and what he expects from a QB.

Allison was more in line with the CMR prototypical QB than Perry was.

That's not what His Dad said:

Sean Allison told the Miami Herald late Tuesday morning, about two hours after the younger Allison met with UM coach Mark Richt to tell him his decision, that his son “is a pocket passer, just like Mark said,’’ but that he believes the Hurricanes are heading to a more dual-threat, running-type quarterback system.
“He loves Miami. We all love Miami, but the whole direction of the program is they want a running quarterback – a dual-threat quarterback,’’ Allison’s father said. “They want a different wrinkle in their offense.

Advertisement

Sean Allison told the Miami Herald late Tuesday morning, about two hours after the younger Allison met with UM coach Mark Richt to tell him his decision, that his son “is a pocket passer, just like Mark said,’’ but that he believes the Hurricanes are heading to a more dual-threat, running-type quarterback system.
“He loves Miami. We all love Miami, but the whole direction of the program is they want a running quarterback – a dual-threat quarterback,’’ Allison’s father said. “They want a different wrinkle in their offense.
I really don't care what Allison's dad said. I think Allison's dad got his panties in a twist when Richt made the QB's live for a scrimmage and his boy got hurt. He knew right then he was going to be too far behind with too little time left before the season started and chose to transfer rather than waste a year behind Rosier. I think Allison's dad was caught reading too much "insider" mess like what's been circulating around here. Richt has had plenty of opportunity to put in an athletic, dual threat option at QB. Perry is more athletic than Rosier. Weldon is more athletic than them both--well he's faster. Folks say he's not as elusive, but I'm not sure how you measure that in a guy who's been sidelined with pink-eye. ****, even Shirreffs was a better pure athlete than Rosier. If he wants an athletic QB he's chosen the absolute worst option he's had since he's been here each season with Kaaya being the Saladin of the cement shod.

Sounds like a whole lot of excuses to me. Kaaya was not garbage while he wasn't a Heisman winner he was plenty serviceable and at the top of ACC QBs the year before Richt came. Offensive line play wasn't great and still appears to not be great. Even when we had all of those weapons the offense wasn't lighting it on fire.

i'm not defending richt even tho it may seem that way

I just don't want someone thinking kayaa was anything more than what might as well be an undrafted quarterback

I often wonder about the discipline of his teams

Rosy gonna cost us 3-4 games just like last year. Just gotta accept it. We can’t get a good QB when our rivals can pay players. Same with DT. Sucks. I wish Mark Emmert would go to ****. Hate the NCAA and it’s crooks.

Advertisement
Explosive QB? This isn't a video game.
Look at the last 10 national champions. Bama won 5 with defenses & running games we're simply not close to yet. The other 5 had dynamic, explosive offenses. Our defense is good enough to win with that type of offense. It won't be good enough against the elite teams with our "safest" option, Malik (considering him dropping back to pass as "safe" is comical in its own right). Look at our skill position talent (including the summer arrivals) apart from the QB position - this offense is loaded.

When the lights come on for Kosi or Jarren, this team will take the next step.

You should probably go back to correcting peoples' grammar and pretending you know about recruiting. You can call me wrong all day. I'd rather be wrong and win than right and lose anyway. But don't call me a liar. @Liberty City El and @Brooklyndee can attest to the fact that we've been arguing about this since I joined. In fact, the reason I quit lurking these forums and finally registered was so I could comment on what I believed, and still believe, is a wide misconception from this board about what kind of coach Richt is, and what he expects from a QB.
I dont see any reason to label someone a liar over his opinion. No pressure bruh. U have an opinion and he has another. It is what it is. From my stance i dont think hes hating on nkosi or anyone else. Hes simply stating what he feels about richts thought process it how it applies to this scenario. You both are correct in your assumptions to an extent. Until one of the other qbs shows richt the ability to process whats going on,make the correct read & execute what hes asked this will be maliks job. That doesnt mean malik has some crazy job security that no one else has. Its simply richt knows maliks floor. Its 6 feet under but atleast weve seen it and no how to game plan around it. With the jits we dont still know what to consistently expect out of any of them. My OPINION is still its nkosi or jarrens job come the time meaningful kick off comes around but its just an opinion. Well see. We can all respect each other though. Were all at the least canes and that means something in my household.

Advertisement

This is where context comes in. We did want him to be able to move the pocket. But not because we wanted him as a dual threat to run. It was simply because we unstood the deficiencies of our offensive line and that we needed awareness in a moving pocket. We told jack he needed to keep his head on a swivel and be comfortable rolling out when necessary cause he at that point was far too stiff in the pocket & he had trouble identifying where the blitz was coming from. I wouldve figured by now we wouldve on learned about what kids fathers have to say. From forte,to george to kyle to jack. Only interest they have is their sons.

Rosy gonna cost us 3-4 games just like last year. Just gotta accept it. We can’t get a good QB when our rivals can pay players. Same with DT. Sucks. I wish Mark Emmert would go to ****. Hate the NCAA and it’s crooks.
******* go watch golf ya Nancy. Football is obviously too manly for you.

I drew on my experience watching Richt work with DJ Shockley at UGA. Shockley liked to freelance too much and didn't see significant playing time until he was a Senior. Shockley was far more athletic than David Greene, but didn't get a real shot until Greene graduated because Greene could and would run the offense the way Richt wanted it ran, and Shockley tried to do his own thing too much for Richt's liking.
The telling words from the previous video is he seemed to reiterate that your a qb "with the ability to run" hopefully both Nkosi and jarren are picking up what he's putting down

The telling words from the previous video is he seemed to reiterate that your a qb "with the ability to run" hopefully both Nkosi and jarren are picking up what he's putting down
Hope so. Love what Jarron's been able to do in such a short time, but Kosi's ability to hit a 25 yarder with a quick flick of the wrist really has me amped about what he can be when he begins to see the field and trust what he sees.

Advertisement
Back