"Malik is going to start": Richt breaks down switch back to Rosier at QB

Advertisement
I think this has to be more of an issue with Kosi's attitude. I have no idea if it's true but I thought I read that Kosi snapped back at Richt after the second int. That would certainly make more sense as to why he didn't go back in.

He was suspended for the first game and even in today's interview Richt said he wanted Kosi to continue to grow as a player and a person. I think he's still being a bit of a knucklehead and Richt isn't having it.

I could be wrong but outside of Richt, Malik's relatives and a handful of people on here - I don't think anyone watching football would start Malik. And, again - Kosi has a better QB rating thus far and won his first 2 ACC games.
The thing of it is whatever N'kosi's rating is he's going to get a **** of a lot better. We've seen the throws he can make. Look at his TD passes. I still remember that absolute dime he threw to Langham against UNC where he had about a 1-2 foot radius to fit the ball in. That was some Tom Brady s**#!!! He's going to make some mistakes. Live with it. His upside is thru the roof.

The way Richt is handling him, I wouldn't be surprised if he transfers. You can't play Yo-Yo with a young QB. Pulling N'kosi out and naming Rosier the starter is just gonna mess with N'kosi's head. How do you determine he is no longer the starter after 6 passes where Richt said later that the 2nd interception was not N'kosi's fault because the receiver ran the wrong route. N'kosi throws with anticipation so the ball was on the way before the receiver was supposed to cut. The interception looked really bad, but it wasn't. So, if that 2nd interception was a completion, he would have been 4/6 and perhaps we score on that drive and it's a whole different game that we go onto win. That's how this whole dynamic has changed on that one frickin' play. So, it makes it more egregious that he named Rosier the starter.

I feel like Richt has unnecessarily forced the issue on N'kosi. Now, N'kosi feels like he has to do more than he really should to take back the starting job. What happens if N'kosi does NOT play well against BC? Does he check out for the rest of the season? If he plays well against BC, is he now the starter at home against Duke? You don't have to be a 30+ year coach to understand this in NO way to manage a young QB that has so much potential.

This is an arrogant move! Richt's pride to admit he made a big mistake is getting in the way of him switching back to Perry! The last game's lost would be solely on him and expose the fact that he is admitting a mistake how he handled Perry! Rosier has no business starting ahead of Perry or Williams if he can't make and under throws 30 yard passes. Floats out routes! And can't pump up his guys in the huddle!
It's going to be interesting to see how the offense responds when Perry is in the game. I have a feeling the O-line is going play even harder. It doesn't makes sense, but it's a natural instinct to say "we got your back kid."

This could be FIU 2.0. BC is going to be fired up with an electric crowd when the game begins. If the offense doesn't do much and then Perry comes in and lights it up, then what?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wow.. textbook move from "How NOT To Deal with a QB Controversy." Where do we find these goobers?? More proof that Hard Rock is cursed. Smdh

Who gives a flying **** if he cares, he ain't cutting it now and won't get us too where we want to get which is winning ****** championships, not losing to garbage *** teams we should destroy like Virginia, and Pitt, and getting ****ed by good teams, tired of this ****** bull**** man
Why should we “destroy” then on the road on their homecoming because we are Miami?..at least half of our fan base is poison. After 16 years of enepitude y’all really on a public board calling for MRs job cause of bits from a interview we’re he didn’t throw either kid under the bus..publicly what do y’all want him to say? Y’all honestly think the same vanilla answers y’all get is the same energy he gives to the players? Y’all really don’t see this program heading In the right direction? Be honest when Butch was rebuilding how many of y’all were fed up with his job after year 2. I’m guessing the same ones who is *****ing about bringing him back. We got a 2star QB from mobile bama who led us to 2 wins against top 10 teams and a conference championship game. And orange bowl birth in year 2. And y’all act like the man can’t coach. And pretend like he’s coaching the 2001 canes and losing games...y’all joke lol

Glad to see him acknowledge the negatives along with positives. Malik and Kosi appears to be trying help team win and playing both gives us best shot. Predicting OL will play better at BC and one of QB’s will have good game. Richt got to help with play calling, not sure if those Choc runs had the option for QB to keep or pitch to Homer or not, but if so would have been big gainers.

Glad to see him acknowledge the negatives along with positives. Malik and Kosi appears to be trying help team win and playing both gives us best shot. Predicting OL will play better at BC and one of QB’s will have good game. Richt got to help with play calling, not sure if those Choc runs had the option for QB to keep or pitch to Homer or not, but if so would have been big gainers.
The system is not problem. I keeps saying this. Next game y’all just watch the LOS when we are on O. Especially on run downs. Them cats up front are not playing well. DJ get bullied (he’s a fresh but I’m jbh) when we get behind the sticks and are in obvious pass downs big Vaughn struggles. Gauthier too many times is pushed back. Are best LM is St. Louis ( tells u enough). Doesn’t matter if we had the skill positions player from the ‘05 USC along with the saints system we need to figure thing out up front

Advertisement
Why should we “destroy” then on the road on their homecoming because we are Miami?..at least half of our fan base is poison. After 16 years of enepitude y’all really on a public board calling for MRs job cause of bits from a interview we’re he didn’t throw either kid under the bus..publicly what do y’all want him to say? Y’all honestly think the same vanilla answers y’all get is the same energy he gives to the players? Y’all really don’t see this program heading In the right direction? Be honest when Butch was rebuilding how many of y’all were fed up with his job after year 2. I’m guessing the same ones who is *****ing about bringing him back. We got a 2star QB from mobile bama who led us to 2 wins against top 10 teams and a conference championship game. And orange bowl birth in year 2. And y’all act like the man can’t coach. And pretend like he’s coaching the 2001 canes and losing games...y’all joke lol
I agree. A lot of people forget where we were. However, people such as myself are upset about the play calling and the way Richt is handling the QBs. I think once you named N'kosi the starter, that was it for this s rest of the season unless he got hurt or did something egregious. From what he's doing now, he never should have named N'Kosi the starter and just said both QBs are going to play. Not this back and forth stuff.

I know Richt is calling the plays he game planned for and believes will work. The frustrating thing is that when they don't work, he seems to double and triple down on the same plays rather than adjust and call some plays such as short passes when your O-line isn't blocking well enough to move the ball on the ground or deep throws down the field.

UVA beat us without throwing a ball over 10 yards. We have players that can make plays in space. Throw more short routes to the RBs and WRs like he did with Choc and Homer late in the 4th qtr. Those are the plays that should have been run in at least the 2nd qtr or start of the 3rd qtr.

I'm behind our coach. I just wish he wouldn't be so stubborn!!!

I agree. A lot of people forget where we were. However, people such as myself are upset about the play calling and the way Richt is handling the QBs. I think once you named N'kosi the starter, that was it for this s rest of the season unless he got hurt or did something egregious. From what he's doing now, he never should have named N'Kosi the starter and just said both QBs are going to play. Not this back and forth stuff.

I know Richt is calling the plays he game planned for and believes will work. The frustrating thing is that when they don't work, he seems to double and triple down on the same plays rather than adjust and call some plays such as short passes when your O-line isn't blocking well enough to move the ball on the ground or deep throws down the field.

UVA beat us without throwing a ball over 10 yards. We have players that can make plays in space. Throw more short routes to the RBs and WRs like he did with Choc and Homer late in the 4th qtr. Those are the plays that should have been run in at least the 2nd qtr or start of the 3rd qtr.

I'm behind our coach. I just wish he wouldn't be so stubborn!!!
UVA was daring us to run the ball with the looks we were getting. We should’ve ran for 200 plus ..but I agree with how MR handled the QB situation but prolly for a diff reason than most. I believe MR caved into the outside pressure to play 5. You had fans booing 12 b4 he stepped on the field. Canes media stirring the pot. Miami sports media doing the same. And then message boards and sites like these. Basically like someone eluded to in another post MR has been almost begging for 5 to take over. But he handed the keys over prematurely imo. He should have just stuck with 12 and sprinkled in PT for 5

I dont know if this bye week is a good thing or bad thing. Its depressing af to read these news. And Richt went full Al Golden closing up practice. Thats that soft shoulder $h!t, so then u can put out your nice spin. He needs to ask Fat Al how that worked out. Next is offensive slogans #woffense.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Attachments

• 1539879110922.png
    1539879110922.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 1
I dont know if this bye week is a good thing or bad thing. Its depressing af to read these news. And Richt went full Al Golden closing up practice. Thats that soft shoulder $h!t, so then u can put out your nice spin. He needs to ask Fat Al how that worked out. Next is offensive slogans #woffense.

he doesn't want the fans/media to see his son sitting on the sideline playing playstation 4

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back