Malik Curtis 2021 Recruit (Thread Title Edited)

57D1892E-30AF-4175-ADA7-AD97D301615C.jpeg

Attachments

• B46F3F1B-343A-41C8-8464-F050E1736921.jpeg
    B46F3F1B-343A-41C8-8464-F050E1736921.jpeg
    418.3 KB · Views: 40
Advertisement
Whatever...I know how to look at burner speed...you'd be surprised!
I don’t know what you see but that kid is easily a 4.4-4.5 speed kid. The burner you are looking for or talking about... isn’t in ALOT of these kids. Christian Leary might be the only kid right now I’ve seen with “Burner” speed.

I don’t know what you see but that kid is easily a 4.4-4.5 speed kid. The burner you are looking for or talking about... isn’t in ALOT of these kids. Christian Leary might be the only kid right now I’ve seen with “Burner” speed.
Exactly what I said....I'm not knocking the kid at all....I said some nice things just think the competition looks like kids running five flats....

Advertisement
Back peddle what the ***** you want me to say? I still feel the same way about him as a CB recruit...that's just my opinion bro...
I feel you. We haven’t seen much of him at CB. He’ll be much of a commit like Malek Young... if he stays committed. He may decommit because he’s really favoring the WR position.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This has been said before, but Curtis looks exactly like Travis Benjamin at Glades Central. It's not just the dreads. They run like rabbits.
He does resemble Benjamin on offense,but the good thing he weighted 160 last year Benjamin weighted 140 his sr year.lets hope he becomes our next phillip buchanon or anything close.i know thats a big comparisson,buchanon and rolle were our best cb ever.but i see a little resemble they both play offense an defense in hs.and special teams monsters.

I feel you. We haven’t seen much of him at CB. He’ll be much of a commit like Malek Young... if he stays committed. He may decommit because he’s really favoring the WR position.
Exactly...Malik was CB UA AA played some DB in HS....Bethel is faster than Curtis you see how that turned out.... Florida, Louisiana and Georgia alone are full of CBs with good speed we shouldn't have to convert players at that position...

Advertisement
The fact that we are putting him on defense is disgusting like how do u watch his film and say u know what let me not get the ball in his hands and tell him lock down a guy come on now. We need to let him play offense and get 2 cbs to finish the class

The fact that we are putting him on defense is disgusting like how do u watch his film and say u know what let me not get the ball in his hands and tell him lock down a guy come on now. We need to let him play offense and get 2 cbs to finish the class
The only plus I could see to trying him out at Corner, is if he were to actually pick it up & learn proper technique you'd have an incredibly explosive quick twitch speedster with legit 4.4 speed & good ball skills at Field or Nickel, with really good recovery range & being able to cover a lot of ground because of that TB3 style running gait.

I said it since January he's a Travis Benjamin clone & his upside is best at WR & I feel that's where he'll ultimately end up at once he gets on campus, but I'm not completely against our staff at least attempting to see if they can mold him into a Corner.

To me it's a win win, no matter which side of the ball he plays on, the day he sets foot on Greentree he'll immediately be a Special Teams contributor at KR/PR & be an electric dynamic return man for us, one who's a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

Maybe during his development he'll get bigger & stronger once in the S&C program & learns the nuances of CB play & after a season or two can be ready to play at that spot, if not, just simply put him on offense.

Advertisement
Back