Malik Curtis 2021 Recruit (Thread Title Edited)

The only plus I could see to trying him out at Corner, is if he were to actually pick it up & learn proper technique you'd have an incredibly explosive quick twitch speedster with legit 4.4 speed & good ball skills at Field or Nickel, with really good recovery range & being able to cover a lot of ground because of that TB3 style running gait.

I said it since January he's a Travis Benjamin clone & his upside is best at WR & I feel that's where he'll ultimately end up at once he gets on campus, but I'm not completely against our staff at least attempting to see if they can mold him into a Corner.

To me it's a win win, no matter which side of the ball he plays on, the day he sets foot on Greentree he'll immediately be a Special Teams contributor at KR/PR & be an electric dynamic return man for us, one who's a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

Maybe during his development he'll get bigger & stronger once in the S&C program & learns the nuances of CB play & after a season or two can be ready to play at that spot, if not, just simply put him on offense.
I can see ur points and to a degree I agree. But miami is thin asf at corner I would rather stick to a kid who I can all but guarantee stays at corner. I want guys who can step in as a freshman csz it might be neccessary

Advertisement
I can see ur points and to a degree I agree. But miami is thin asf at corner I would rather stick to a kid who I can all but guarantee stays at corner. I want guys who can step in as a freshman csz it might be neccessary
I agree with that... IMO Curtis is a WR all the way, I was just pointing out why the staff may at the very least see if they can turn him into a CB.

Either way, the kid will be a dynamic multifaceted weapon for us on potentially Offense/Defense & Special Teams.

the comp i see as far as CB is malek young... they will be similarly sized and rated recruits out of high school. malek was always a ball hawk but wasn't an explosive athlete, curtis could be both if it worked. a game breaking WR is dope but a malek young+ CB is potentially a more valuable player. i could see why they would try it given the make up of our roster/class

Offers are going to start pouring in and the guy that a lot of people said to drop will now be a battle to keep.

Advertisement
I agree with that... IMO Curtis is a WR all the way, I was just pointing out why the staff may at the very least see if they can turn him into a CB.

Either way, the kid will be a dynamic multifaceted weapon for us on potentially Offense/Defense & Special Teams.
Cj Henderson was a rb until his sr year of hs.i think Miami was the first ones that wanted him to play cb.i didnt turn out bad for the gatas.i agree with u if it don't work at cb will just move him to wr.we did it with dj Dallas.if we get 1 more cb this yr and nobody leaves,will have 8 or 9 cb if Malik stays at cb next year.thats not bad depth.

Last edited:
Lashlee seeing those highlights

rubbing hands GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember when a lot of fans was hoping Malik would be dropped, smh.

I personally like trying him at CB first(if he’s cool with it) bc if it takes, we’ll have a speedster with ball skills to lock shít down on the perimeter. If not, put him at WR and let him torch opposing defenses, he’s going to eat on ST regardless. Can’t go wrong either way, just get him to Greentree/the weight room and see what it is. But he’s always been a good take, can’t teach that speed.

Side note, I’ve been impressed with our staff’s ability to locate/evaluate kids that are under the radar and maybe not as highly ranked. Even some kids that blew up and ultimately didn’t come here, we were on early. Couple strong evaluations with continuing to reel in the 4/5 star studs and we will be on our way.

I just don't know how you leave legit 4.4 speed at CB when you're trotting out 4.6, 4.7 types right now at WR.

This team, right now, the offense is going to be the star of the show and needs all hands on deck.

Advertisement
Back