Malik Curtis 2021 Recruit (Thread Title Edited)

Curtis is an absolute 100% take and worth a scholly spot as PR/KR return alone IMO. I dont even care if he's turns out to be average CB (though i would personally use him on offense as WR). A dynamic player in that PR/KR role should not be underestimated, its the difference between winning/losing big games, turning momentum around in a min, etc.

Advertisement
Curtis is an absolute 100% take and worth a scholly spot as PR/KR return alone IMO. I dont even care if he's turns out to be average CB (though i would personally use him on offense as WR). A dynamic player in that PR/KR role should not be underestimated, its the difference between winning/losing big games, turning momentum around in a min, etc.

We need a 5 star punt returner to compete with Florida's 5 star long snapper

You say “in this offense” but his commitment was taken as a CB. It’s questionable if he can play that position. I love the speed. But, he’s a skinny dude without a position. And, I’m not taking him over Brinson/George/Smith at WR or Brown at CB.

My opinion, he was a decent take 3 months ago but things have changed and I will be surpryif he signs at Miami. Let’s see...
YOU HAVE GO HONOR IT OR KARMA WILL KICK YOUR ***. LIKE THE LADY WHO TRIED TO BURN UP THE JEEP AND BLEW HER *** BACK.

Advertisement
I’m curious to why you say this. No disrespect I just wonder why.

To me, Brown is longer and much better in coverage. Curtis is faster but is skinny and raw at corner. We compare him to Travis Benjamin but can you imagine Benjamin at CB? He wouldn’t hold up.

I would say Curtis makes sense as a 4th WR if you feel he’s that good. But not at corner over a guy like Brown.

The speed that Curtis has we don’t have on this roster currently. We need that. I like Brown, but personally I would have given his spot to DWilson. I don’t like that he’s drawing his recruitment out. And you can’t give Curtis that last WR spot. That has to go to either YBrown or JBrooks (if the rumors are true) This is assuming that BSmith is on the board of course.

Advertisement
Malik Curtis is from South Ft Myers.

Markevious Brown is from the Muck.
Ah that’s right. Thought he was originally from the Muck? I stand corrected. I really hope Curtis stays in this class and Brown commits soon. This class can finally be the difference where solid depth is established at every position group and we can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The speed that Curtis has we don’t have on this roster currently. We need that. I like Brown, but personally I would have given his spot to DWilson. I don’t like that he’s drawing his recruitment out. And you can’t give Curtis that last WR spot. That has to go to either YBrown or JBrooks (if the rumors are true) This is assuming that BSmith is on the board of course.
Certainly fair but I don’t agree. I think Curtis was a take 3 months ago but not now. He’s a good prospect wish him the best.

Certainly fair but I don’t agree. I think Curtis was a take 3 months ago but not now. He’s a good prospect wish him the best.
You hold on to him but are honest with him. Don't go dropping potential unless we are 100% sure a stud is committing. Even then, you have to question dropping a kid who has been loyal.

You hold on to him but are honest with him. Don't go dropping potential unless we are 100% sure a stud is committing. Even then, you have to question dropping a kid who has been loyal.
I think that is how it always happens...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back