Malik Curtis 2021 Recruit (Thread Title Edited)

Advertisement
I like Brown but I’m not dropping Curtis for him if it comes down to it.
I’m curious to why you say this. No disrespect I just wonder why.

To me, Brown is longer and much better in coverage. Curtis is faster but is skinny and raw at corner. We compare him to Travis Benjamin but can you imagine Benjamin at CB? He wouldn’t hold up.

I would say Curtis makes sense as a 4th WR if you feel he’s that good. But not at corner over a guy like Brown.

You say “in this offense” but his commitment was taken as a CB. It’s questionable if he can play that position. I love the speed. But, he’s a skinny dude without a position. And, I’m not taking him over Brinson/George/Smith at WR or Brown at CB.

My opinion, he was a decent take 3 months ago but things have changed and I will be surpryif he signs at Miami. Let’s see...
Neither Yul or Smith are faster.
I agree on the corner back. But imo you take either yul or smith and this dude on offense.

Neither Yul or Smith are faster.
I agree on the corner back. But imo you take either yul or smith and this dude on offense.
I don’t disagree if you are talking offense. I have Smith ahead of Yul and Curtis. But, if you want to take a 4th then you can make a decision. Smith has a spot and he should. He’s better.

I don’t see taking Curtis at corner if Marshall and Brown both want in, which I think is likely. This new article is interesting as it could be the start of Curtis opening it up.

Advertisement
I wouldn't drop Curtis for anyone. His speed is unreal plus he has vision and moves. If he is lining up at WR then he's the type of player that forces changes to the opposition's defensive scheme. Add in the special teams element and he looks like an elite player. I always want a Travis Benjamin on our team and honestly Malik looks even more dynamic.

I wouldn't drop Curtis for anyone. His speed is unreal plus he has vision and moves. If he is lining up at WR then he's the type of player that forces changes to the opposition's defensive scheme. Add in the special teams element and he looks like an elite player. I always want a Travis Benjamin on our team and honestly Malik looks even more dynamic.
More dynamic than Benjamin? Wow. I don’t see how we can go there. I don’t see that at all and we aren’t event recruiting Curtis at WR. He’s fast but I don’t think he ends up in this class. Brace yourself!

Advertisement
I agree, but we are in the minority.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I value him. I just don’t like him as a CB at all. I feel they’re just putting him there because we need some speed at CB.

I'm in the same camp. I like Curtis and I'd love to keep him but not over Marshall or Brown at CB.

Ideally, Marshall and Brown will come in at defense and Curtis moves to offense.

Advertisement
Back