Malcolm Lewis

Advertisement
This could legit be the best wr core in the nation next year

Hopefully Dorsett stays.

where the **** is he going?..To his parents restaurant in hollywood??..

dude isnt an early entry kid....

I think he should go pro. He's not a fit with Williams at QB. Somebody will draft him in the first four rounds with the success of Hilton and Benjamin.[/

I respectfully disagree. I think Dorsett has shown that he isn't ready for the league. He should comeback and have a strong senior year.

Hopefully Dorsett stays.

I think he should go pro. He's not a fit with Williams at QB. Somebody will draft him in the first four rounds with the success of Hilton and Benjamin.[/

I respectfully disagree. I think Dorsett has shown that he isn't ready for the league. He should comeback and have a strong senior year.

Dorsett will make Williams and all the receivers better even if he doesn't catch a pass.
Have to keep those safeties deep and honest.
Whoever our qb is next year should throw one ball as far as they are able. Whether Dorsett catches it or not, the throw still serves a purpose.

Advertisement
That doesn't make sense. If that's the case we wouldn't see anyone classified as a redshirt anything until Sr. year yet it's done initially all the time.

You're right in that you often see the RS given prior to the senior season when dealing with medical redshirts. For some reason, they haven't done it on the roster yet with Malcolm.

That doesn't make sense. If that's the case we wouldn't see anyone classified as a redshirt anything until Sr. year yet it's done initially all the time.

No, regular redshirts are applied right away. Medical hardships are different and applied for after the final season. Golden is just figuring he's going to get one.

I think you can get a medical redshirt immediately too..... if i'm not mistaken didnt Curtis Porter get a medical redshirt? maybe i'm wrong though.

Also Texas aTm said their freshman receiver Ricky Seals Jones was going to get a medical redshirt b/c of his injury.

but I do remember Ojomo was trying to get a medical redshirt for an xtra year at the end of his Senior year, but the current staff couldnt find the information b/c all of that was handled by the previous staff, and so he was denied, so you probably right, you have to wait until the final season.

but couldnt it be the website may be classifying Malcolm lewis incorrectly, and he should be listed as a redshirt freshman?

Ojomo was trying to get a 6th year, not a 5th year. The 6th year is the one that's nearly impossible to get, and you can only get that at the end of your eligibility.

Hopefully Dorsett stays.

I think he should go pro. He's not a fit with Williams at QB. Somebody will draft him in the first four rounds with the success of Hilton and Benjamin.

I don't get this joke.

Hopefully Dorsett stays.

I think he should go pro. He's not a fit with Williams at QB. Somebody will draft him in the first four rounds with the success of Hilton and Benjamin.

I don't see it at all. Hilton and Benjamin were both great return men. Dorsett's only a receiver, and he's not shown that he's an early entry guy. Doesn't mean he won't go because we've seen a bunch of guys make that mistake before; it just means that it would be a dumb move for him. As for not being a fit with Williams I don't see that. Have no idea what that means.

Advertisement

Hopefully Dorsett stays.

I'm with this guy. If Dorsett's goal is to play in the L (as opposed to some academic pursuit I don't know about), his risk/reward is tilted toward leaving when he's this close to his peak value. He's not going to get a lot bigger. He's unlikely to get a ton faster. He won't suddenly become a wiggle guy. = Cash in.

Hopefully Dorsett stays.

I'm with this guy. If Dorsett's goal is to play in the L (as opposed to some academic pursuit I don't know about), his risk/reward is tilted toward leaving when he's this close to his peak value. He's not going to get a lot bigger. He's unlikely to get a ton faster. He won't suddenly become a wiggle guy. = Cash in.

You could use that rationale for almost any player--not gonna get bigger or a ton faster. What he can do is polish his game A LOT and become a much more complete WR. If he leaves early, he might wind up "cashing in" just like all those guys did a couple years ago when they went undrafted or were drafted very late.

Hopefully Dorsett stays.

His parents have a restaurant? Any good? What kind of board d' fair?

Lynns Bahamian Kitchen its on pembroke rd in hollywood carver ranches area...directly across the street from washington park. Good bahamian food..saw him, aj highsmith, and I think swasey their this summer.

Advertisement
Hopefully Dorsett stays.

You could use that rationale for almost any player--not gonna get bigger or a ton faster. What he can do is polish his game A LOT and become a much more complete WR. If he leaves early, he might wind up "cashing in" just like all those guys did a couple years ago when they went undrafted or were drafted very late.

No, you can't use that with every player who has a very realistic chance of losing value on his own team in his senior year. This situation is very different than all those guys who made that decision a couple years ago. I thought most of those guys, outside of Lamar, should have come back, FWIW.

I realize we want as much talent here as possible, but if this is really a family - something you talk about consistently in your posts - we also want what's best for our players vis-a-vis their goals. It builds long-term trust. I have no idea what Phillip will ultimately decide, but my opinion is that it might actually be in his best interest to go on and potentially get drafted at his current (after this year) value to the NFL. If he makes that decision, which may very well be supported by Coach Golden, I hope the fans would see the rationale and support him.

Hopefully Dorsett stays.

His parents have a restaurant? Any good? What kind of board d' fair?

Lynns Bahamian Kitchen its on pembroke rd in hollywood carver ranches area...directly across the street from washington park. Good bahamian food..saw him, aj highsmith, and I think swasey their this summer.

How's the conch salad?

No, you can't use that with every player who has a very realistic chance of losing value on his own team in his senior year. This situation is very different than all those guys who made that decision a couple years ago. I thought most of those guys, outside of Lamar, should have come back, FWIW.

I realize we want as much talent here as possible, but if this is really a family - something you talk about consistently in your posts - we also want what's best for our players vis-a-vis their goals. It builds long-term trust. I have no idea what Phillip will ultimately decide, but my opinion is that it might actually be in his best interest to go on and potentially get drafted at his current (after this year) value to the NFL. If he makes that decision, which may very well be supported by Coach Golden, I hope the fans would see the rationale and support him.

I don't agree with Lu on PD, but I do see the logic. With a cast of Scott, Waters, Coley, Lewis, plus whoever is coming in, there is a very distinct possibility PD would be out of a starting job and major PT in 14. Yes, he's got special "deep" speed, but he's also a one-trick pony and the other guys on his heels have more in their overall ****nal than he does. He will definitely have some thinking to do after the season.

Advertisement
Staying in this program an extra year would be more beneficial to anybody on this roster..... NFL teams are already eyeing this program b/c of Al Golden so i dont see how Phillip Dorsett would be "better" off leaving early.

He's not a 1st round type receiver (neither was Tavon Austin) b/c he's a #2 receiver, but he could work his way into a 2nd round lock if he stayed another year imo. Besides further improving on his technique as a receiver he can also develop into more of a consistent impact player on Kick Return.

The NCAA could actually help out players by allowing juniors to be eligible for the draft and if they dont like where they are selected be able to return. You know, like they do in baseball. And dont they allow it in basketball if you dont sign with an agent?

You know, cus the NCAA is like a cheerleader and has the best interest of the student athlete and all.....

Advertisement
Back