Malcolm Lewis

Hstokes1447

Junior
In an interview Al had some great things to say about Malcolm

He's a freshman, got his freshman year back, he's a redshirt freshman. From that standpoint he's ahead. What a brave young man. Never made an excuse, made all his treatments, did everything extra to expedite his return. I've been saying it the last five or six practices, he's starting to look like Malcolm again. He made some really great catches last week, laying out for balls, which tells me he's feeling good.

Malcolm getting the redshirt is huge for him and this team. It's also very exciting to hear that he is finally starting to look like the game changer that he is. With a 100% Malcolm this WR core will become even more explosive, once Scott is back this is going to be very exciting.

Advertisement
300.gif

My God. We are going to be absolutely loaded at the skill positions for years to come. Exciting times.

Opposing coaches will sound like this when facing Al and his dizzying array of weapons:

[video=youtube;KA5II5AlO7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA5II5AlO7w[/video]

I thought he was listed a soph earlier and it was noted he didn't apply for the shirt. We're they able to get it retroactively?

Man that is some excellent news. Can't wait for him to get back to 100%. He's coming on at the right of the year too! That's going to help us during our ACC run for sure.

Advertisement
Ok, he is a freshman. I remember last year seeing Miami applied for a medical redshirt and it was granted to him.

The screen he took to the house against BC last year... I swear I saw smoke behind his shoes when he made the cut inside

He's a redshirt freshman so there was no need to rush him even if he felt he was ready....

Malcolm Lewis is just as dangerous w/ the ball in his hands then any receiver on this team.... ppl seem to forget that he was pushing for a starting job immediatel as a treu freshman hust like Stacy Coley is doing now.

Malcolm Lewis 18 yard TD vs B. College
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8327288

Electric receiver..... cant wait for him to start reminding ppl what he's capable of.

Advertisement
After he's a true senior, if he wants to say, they'll apply him for the medical hardship, which he's easy eligible for, and he'll get the extra year which essentially makes him a redshirt freshman right now.

You don't apply for the hardship until the time comes to needing it to get the extra year.

After he's a true senior, if he wants to say, they'll apply him for the medical hardship, which he's easy eligible for, and he'll get the extra year which essentially makes him a redshirt freshman right now.

You don't apply for the hardship until the time comes to needing it to get the extra year.

oh is that how it works? Thanks. It kept bugging me that it kept saying he is a sophomore.

That doesn't make sense. If that's the case we wouldn't see anyone classified as a redshirt anything until Sr. year yet it's done initially all the time.

That doesn't make sense. If that's the case we wouldn't see anyone classified as a redshirt anything until Sr. year yet it's done initially all the time.

No, regular redshirts are applied right away. Medical hardships are different and applied for after the final season. Golden is just figuring he's going to get one.

Advertisement

No, regular redshirts are applied right away. Medical hardships are different and applied for after the final season. Golden is just figuring he's going to get one.

I think you can get a medical redshirt immediately too..... if i'm not mistaken didnt Curtis Porter get a medical redshirt? maybe i'm wrong though.

Also Texas aTm said their freshman receiver Ricky Seals Jones was going to get a medical redshirt b/c of his injury.

but I do remember Ojomo was trying to get a medical redshirt for an xtra year at the end of his Senior year, but the current staff couldnt find the information b/c all of that was handled by the previous staff, and so he was denied, so you probably right, you have to wait until the final season.

but couldnt it be the website may be classifying Malcolm lewis incorrectly, and he should be listed as a redshirt freshman?

Bottom line is that Lewis has four years of eligibility starting with this one.

Advertisement
I loved watching Lewis last year before the injury. He's one of those guys that you could tell immediately that he would be something special. looking forward to him getting back to where he was and making some noise on the field.

Advertisement
Back