Making a point to players - Dabo Sweeney style

IF it's a recent photo, then what he's doing is stealing away from the social issue at hand. He's using "Black Lives Matter" as a prop and "What about ism" to water it down. That is wrong in so many ways.

It's like me a black person telling you I got pulled over by the police asking me where I was going and what kind of job I had because I must have been a drug dealer up to no good driving an $80,000 BMW (happened 2 days after I got the car).

Then, you a caucasian respond don't be upset, I (you) also got pulled over. The officer thought my tail light was cracked. It really made me mad because I was late for a job interview that I had to cancel.

Both things matter, but are a galaxy apart in context and the 2nd is trying to take away from the first. That's Dabo.
That situation you describe is the exact reason the Philando Castile killing acquittal should have been a bigger deal. Castile did nothing wrong at all.

Advertisement
If I'm Dabo and bringing guests/future coaches, I'd make sure I told them to keep it PG from x:00 to y:00 so we can make a good impression.

This isn't his first day, he should know what kind of music they listen to.
They asked him the next day, and his response was....
"I figured they usually listened to George Strait and Hank Williams Jr".....

Unless he directly called a player a racial slur I just dont think it will change anything. Kids are still committing there.

Bags are still being dropped and kids and families are turning a blind eye for the $$$... not all are but most i would guess.

Look at Bama... they don't care theyve had sororities and fraternities didnt let african americans in and were open about it.

Maybe the fact kids can start making money now by using their likeness will help keep some of them home
Ole Miss had a confederate soldier as a mascot, waved confederate flags, and the band played the Confederate anthem during games until 2016, which students changed the last lyric to “the south will rise again.” And kids still gladly took the bag to go there.

Advertisement
That man was embarrassed by a possible coach walking through the locker room and hearing a rap song. Jfc

He is tone deaf, but he’s allowed because he has the ability to coach a well paid team. And win.
it’s exactly what boosters and admin at Clemson want. What could be better than a white, Christian head coach who gets the best out of the black kids who play for him. And a few even make it to the NFL, so see, there’s no racism at Clemson.
Nothing but poorly paid slaves to so many white coaches, admin, fans and boosters.
At least Kurt Flood labeled himself A well paid slave.
Get off the soap box before you slip and hurt yourself...

Unless he directly called a player a racial slur I just dont think it will change anything. Kids are still committing there.

Bags are still being dropped and kids and families are turning a blind eye for the $$$... not all are but most i would guess.

Look at Bama... they don't care theyve had sororities and fraternities didnt let african americans in and were open about it.

Maybe the fact kids can start making money now by using their likeness will help keep some of them home
You are absolutely correct and have pointed to a great problem; families of young black men who take the money and allow their sons (the vast majority of whom will never play professionally) to be exploited by racist or at least race ambivalent coaches like Swinney and Saban.
i pray this changes.

Advertisement
Get off the soap box before you slip and hurt yourself...
Brother you are simply too ignorant to engage. Best of luck with your limited life and limited understanding of the world. and if you are happy with your life then you are living proof that ignorance is bliss.

You are absolutely correct and have pointed to a great problem; families of young black men who take the money and allow their sons (the vast majority of whom will never play professionally) to be exploited by racist or at least race ambivalent coaches like Swinney and Saban.
i pray this changes.
Green is the best color...

Brother you are simply too ignorant to engage. Best of luck with your limited life and limited understanding of the world. and if you are happy with your life then you are living proof that ignorance is bliss.
Boom off the soap box. You're just envious you don't have my life. Don't fall backwards you might break your nose. The only thing limited and ignorant is your narrow mind. Keep talking no one outside of your circle jerk is listening...

Advertisement
Ole Miss had a confederate soldier as a mascot, waved confederate flags, and the band played the Confederate anthem during games until 2016, which students changed the last lyric to “the south will rise again.” And kids still gladly took the bag to go there.
Tragically ironic don't you think?

Only for the ignorant and exploited. But this system keeps blacks exactly where you want them in society; inferior and exploited. It fits your worldview so of course you like it.
Yatta yatta yatta. Keep your balance, B. The ground is concrete....

Only for the ignorant and exploited. But this system keeps blacks exactly where you want them in society; inferior and exploited. It fits your worldview so of course you like it.
Only thing ignorant is non paperchasing cry babies like you. You're the guy who would come to the hole talking **** about the plight of drugs on the community. So a couple hours later send a pigeon for two nickel rocks and a bag so you can get zooted. Save your hypocritical **** for the people who believe your fake ***.....

Advertisement
LMAO at people yelling to fire dabo over a football matters t-shirt. Y'all do realize like 95% of football players are black, right?

Btw for all the ducks in their feelings about a rival coach.....
clemsom sucks and y'all cry babies need to wipe his **** from your chin. He played y'all into paying attention to him.

Advertisement
Back