Making a point to players - Dabo Sweeney style

After a distraction from the original point from certain topics as is customary for some here ( Wonder why)

A good point made here about how you can delineate historical figures without some contrived whataboutism to dismiss the initial issue

Obviously most of us don't care about Clemson. Those players decided to go there. The Jews didn't decide to go to concentration camps.

Advertisement
Speaking of offensive clothing choices...

I was today years old when I discovered that the traditional African cloth that the senate dems draped themselves in for their little photo opp the other day, is unique to the Ashanti empire of Ghana which ruled the gold coast for centuries. The Ashanti were notorious slave traders. They got filthy rich selling other Africans to Europeans.

Yep, the dems may as well have draped themselves in the stars and bars for their little pandering session.
Ouch!! Truth with the body blow...

After a distraction from the original point from certain topics as is customary for some here ( Wonder why)

A good point made here about how you can delineate historical figures without some contrived whataboutism to dismiss the initial issue

I’m super glad DeAndre is apparently now so woke about the racist plantation owners whose names are plastered all over buildings on a site where humans were held in bondage for hundreds of years.

Didn't stop him from taking the bag from the church folk and going there, and it’s not stopping any AA kids from bagging up and going there now.

If you’re serious about this shlt, don’t take their bags and don’t go there. Put out a statement telling recruits not to go, or you're not serious about it.

I’m super glad DeAndre is apparently now so woke about the racist plantation owners whose names are plastered all over buildings on a site where humans were held in bondage for hundreds of years.

Didn't stop him from taking the bag from the church folk and going there, and it’s not stopping any AA kids from bagging up and going there now.

If you’re serious about this shlt, don’t take their bags and don’t go there. Put out a statement telling recruits not to go, or you're not serious about it.
Now why in the world would they want to take a principled and educated stand like that!?

So much easier to scream like they know what they are talking about.

Advertisement

He threw the bone for those that wanted to hear it. The drones ate it up just like he figured. Guy took the money and didn't say a thing while he was there or right after for tbat matter...

I agree with the bolded part and he's basically said that he doesn't associate himself with clemson because of that, and a lot of these players shouldn't be going to play in KKKlansville for a host of reasons, most of which being the CURRENT behavior towards african americans. But to bring up a german shoe company is just weak and it's only a distraction because Adidas isn't exactly going around profiting off dachau ultraboosts or Himmler yeezys in the present day. So at the end of the day, what is the argument really? A public university should be honoring an ardent racist and advocate of butchering african americans by naming sht after him, and when called out on it dig their heels in and point to some other injustice somewhere else in the world? no, right?

You can criticize something but still like it, just like I can be an american and criticize some of americas policies, but that doesn't mean I'm anti-america. We're here on CIS where we criticize this program more often than not, but does that mean we aren't miami fans? Of course not, we just want what is best for it when we voice our opinion.

I agree with the bolded part and he's basically said that he doesn't associate himself with clemson because of that, and a lot of these players shouldn't be going to play in KKKlansville for a host of reasons, most of which being the CURRENT behavior towards african americans. But to bring up a german shoe company is just weak and it's only a distraction because Adidas isn't exactly going around profiting off dachau ultraboosts or Himmler yeezys in the present day. So at the end of the day, what is the argument really? A public university should be honoring an ardent racist and advocate of butchering african americans by naming sht after him, and when called out on it dig their heels in and point to some other injustice somewhere else in the world? no, right?

You can criticize something but still like it, just like I can be an american and criticize some of americas policies, but that doesn't mean I'm anti-america. We're here on CIS where we criticize this program more often than not, but does that mean we aren't miami fans? Of course not, we just want what is best for it when we voice our opinion.

I didn’t bring up Adidas since it has nothing to do with this, and quite honestly, I don’t know that much about the company background.

I just feel like if we’re going to be serious about this shlt, let’s be serious about it. Not just give it lip service and then the next day take their bag and then go tap dance for Dabo.

I didn’t bring up Adidas since it has nothing to do with this, and quite honestly, I don’t know that much about the company background.

I just feel like if we’re going to be serious about this shlt, let’s be serious about it. Not just give it lip service and then the next day take their bag and then go tap dance for Dabo.
I know you didn't bring up adidas or anything, but the tweets I posted were a response to those trying to invalidate Hopkins point by saying that he is an adidas brand ambassador, or how other companies people commonly associate with were operating in **** germany at the time. I felt the tweets conveyed the point that you can't conflate separate entities just because they either committed some injustice at one time or simply conformed to the circumstances.

Advertisement
I know you didn't bring up adidas or anything, but the tweets I posted were a response to those trying to invalidate Hopkins point by saying that he is an adidas brand ambassador, or how other companies people commonly associate with were operating in **** germany at the time. I felt the tweets conveyed the point that you can't conflate separate entities just because they either committed some injustice at one time or simply conformed to the circumstances.

I don’t think the Adidas counter point vs DeAndre is valid, which is why I didn’t even mention it.

The whole ****/company thing is convoluted anyway. Every case is different.

But back to DeAndre and Clemson in general, if people are going to talk the shlt, then actually be about it. Don’t take their bags, don’t go there. Or any of the other Klan schools. Or GTFOH. It’s pretty straightforward. They have buildings named after murderers and slaveowners. If you’re not willing to take meaningful action, why even talk about it.

I don’t think the Adidas counter point vs DeAndre is valid, which is why I didn’t even mention it.

The whole ****/company thing is convoluted anyway. Every case is different.

But back to DeAndre and Clemson in general, if people are going to talk the shlt, then actually be about it. Don’t take their bags, don’t go there. Or any of the other Klan schools. Or GTFOH. It’s pretty straightforward. They have buildings named after murderers and slaveowners. If you’re not willing to take meaningful action, why even talk about it.

I agree with you. I doubt they mention things like that on an OV or while they are there, and I don't think he would have a position to make any meaningful change speaking on it as a random highschool recruit or a guy that went to another university and now just randomly speaks on the issue, because he can actually speak from his own personal experience. At least this way he has a platform and has afforded himself the influence to bring attention to it in a way that can actually make some type of change. The dialogue has to start somewhere and you will never find a perfect messenger, so I'm willing to compromise on that.

Clem's son's Board of Trustees has voted two remove John C. Calhouns name from its honors college. Better late than never eye guess.

Advertisement
Back