Making a point to players - Dabo Sweeney style

Advertisement
I agree, if it’s today it’s tone deaf AF.
He is tone deaf, but he’s allowed because he has the ability to coach a well paid team. And win.
it’s exactly what boosters and admin at Clemson want. What could be better than a white, Christian head coach who gets the best out of the black kids who play for him. And a few even make it to the NFL, so see, there’s no racism at Clemson.
Nothing but poorly paid slaves to so many white coaches, admin, fans and boosters.
At least Kurt Flood labeled himself A well paid slave.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So that makes it okay???
Okay, got it. 🙄🙄😒
He finds that word offensive. Is that a problem? He should have expressed himself using appropriate language. That’s the way I’m interpreting the tweet. From your post, I think you do too. I hate the use of that word in any context. Real change comes when EVERYONE participates. Self awareness across all cultures, including our own, is necessary. I hope your feelings weren’t hurt.

Last edited:
If I'm Dabo and bringing guests/future coaches, I'd make sure I told them to keep it PG from x:00 to y:00 so we can make a good impression.

This isn't his first day, he should know what kind of music they listen to.

Advertisement
I am white and if I was a Head Coach and I had an issue with the music playing (which is fine in Dabos case) you handle it like a freaking adult and tell them to stop playing the music without needing to say any of the N words. Here’s an idea just reference it as the N Word and everything would have been just fine.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Alright, listen; in no way am I offended by this shirt. It didn’t say football lives matter; it said football matter.

Anyways, I’m on the Fire Dabo train too; SO MIAMI CAN HIRE HIM, QUICKLY!
It matters because he has a $93 million dollar contract. Ever since his stements he made about Kaepernick and saying some people should leave the US I didn't like this guy.

If you took away his coaching and looked at the substance of him as a person during this country's most challenging times, I think he's revealed who he is. He's not a racist, but he appears more true to his southern roots of keeping things status quo to maintain privilege.

Last edited:
Unless he directly called a player a racial slur I just dont think it will change anything. Kids are still committing there.

Bags are still being dropped and kids and families are turning a blind eye for the $$$... not all are but most i would guess.

Look at Bama... they don't care theyve had sororities and fraternities didnt let african americans in and were open about it.

Maybe the fact kids can start making money now by using their likeness will help keep some of them home

So that makes it okay???
Okay, got it. 🙄🙄😒

if people are offended by hearing it, maybe they shouldn’t listen to music where it’s used. If the word itself was the real issue, then this guy would complain about the players listening to it. Instead, he wants to “get” a high profile white guy for using it in reference to songs that use it

i see what you’re saying but if he’s wearing that shirt today it means a lot more football lives matter also makes no sense
IF it's a recent photo, then what 'he doing is stealing away from the social issue at hand. "Black Lives Matter" gets used as a prop either intentionally or unintentionally and "What about ism" to water it down. That is wrong in so many ways.

It's like me a black person telling you I got pulled over by the police asking me where I was going and what kind of job I had because I must have been a drug dealer up to no good driving a brand new BMW (happened 2 days after I got the car).

Then, you a caucasian respond don't be upset, I (you) also got pulled over. The officer thought my tail light was cracked. It really made me mad because I was late for a job interview that I had to cancel.

Both things matter, but are a galaxy apart in context and the 2nd is trying to take away from the first. That's Dabo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back