Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I remember watching a couple of games when he the UT QB and I thought he was a tough sumbitch.

If he can recruit and develop qb's this will end up being a great hire but we'll see. I'm just excited to see anything remotely aggressive on offense.

Advertisement
Hopefully Manny is a man of his words and will get rid of Applewhite if he isn’t cutting it, but I hope him the best. We are in the coastal division, arguably the easiest division in the Power 5, this shouldn’t be so hard.

Houston is laughing saying its revenge for dnofro this is a terrible hire

I live in Houston, and Major wasn't the problem there. He was at a program where the "Godsend Coach" just up and left everybody, and it made the fanbase bitter and impatient. The morale of the program dropped like a rock once Herman left how he did, not to mention he didn't have a great D-Coordinator either.

I think this is an AWESOME hire, and as many others have stated, this brings us to the forefront of offensive execution as opposed to the back, which is where we've been for the last few years.

Advertisement
You’re a clown or a troll if you rip this hire. It’s cool to have a wait and see approach but to rip it is foolish. What has fedora looked like the last few years? You guys were slurping the son of the rape protector but gives this dude no love. If NFL owners used your logic of calling plays or who’s offense is it the eagles wouldn’t have won a Super Bowl last year and be back in the playoffs again with a backup qb. The Colts wouldn’t be back in the playoffs with a first year Coach as well as the Bears. All Andy Reid disciples and guess what none of them called the plays. Seemed to be doing fine to me. Let it play out

Pederson and Nagy both called plays for the Chiefs at different points in their respective seasons as OCs.

Well, at least he actually played QB at major program and won big games against major schoolsand was a OC for Saban. Fall more substantial hire than any of Mark’s and Manny’s DC pick. If it sticks, I think Manny won his first gold star(and I don’t like him getting our HC job)

**** yeah. Love the OC/DC hires. Major will have us *******. Just go watch Houston when Herman was there and imagine that with So Fla athletes!!

This is what we've been waiting for.

Major’s gonna get us ALL some ***?!?! Scweet!!! I like the hire already!

I live in Houston, and Major wasn't the problem there. He was at a program where the "Godsend Coach" just up and left everybody, and it made the fanbase bitter and impatient. The morale of the program dropped like a rock once Herman left how he did, not to mention he didn't have a great D-Coordinator either.

I think this is an AWESOME hire, and as many others have stated, this brings us to the forefront of offensive execution as opposed to the back, which is where we've been for the last few years.

I also live in the Houston area. I agree.

Advertisement
@Stefan Adams is big time.

5054BF2F-C77B-4FC3-8398-177CC39BF2D5.jpeg

Report: Miami Hurricanes to hire Major Applewhite as offensive coordinator
https://www.yardbarker.com/college_...hite_as_offensive_coordinator/s1_127_28140980

Advertisement
Well, at least he actually played QB at major program and won big games against major schoolsand was a OC for Saban. Fall more substantial hire than any of Mark’s and Manny’s DC pick. If it sticks, I think Manny won his first gold star(and I don’t like him getting our HC job)

C’mooooooooon, a TOP 25 D in La Tech? La Tech? That’s not even one of the top “other other schools”. NCAA sacks leader? At La Tech? Just think what he can do with our dogs. I know, I know we want established **** corvette hires across the board but everyone has to start somewhere. I think it was a solid hire on Manny’s part and if he brings his S&C coach, we’ll be in very good shape. Let’s give it a chance.

So as a play caller at Houston(2015 and 2016)
Major Applewhite was 6-0 calling plays against ranked opponents including 3-0 vs top 10 opponents
#3 Oklahoma, #5 Louisville ,#9 fsu

33 points vs Oklahoma
36 points vs Louisville
38 points vs FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back