Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re a clown or a troll if you rip this hire. It’s cool to have a wait and see approach but to rip it is foolish. What has fedora looked like the last few years? You guys were slurping the son of the rape protector but gives this dude no love. If NFL owners used your logic of calling plays or who’s offense is it the eagles wouldn’t have won a Super Bowl last year and be back in the playoffs again with a backup qb. The Colts wouldn’t be back in the playoffs with a first year Coach as well as the Bears. All Andy Reid disciples and guess what none of them called the plays. Seemed to be doing fine to me. Let it play out
Inner monologue would be better. You’re all over the place.

Advertisement
Colorado has more receivers in the NFL than this guy!! Explain that!
How many receivers did Urban Myer put in the NFL at Utah and Bowling Green?
How many did Kendall Briles put in the NFL at Houston as OC?

This is how it works for coaches at small programs... If you do a good job at a small program, it's probably because of scheme, not athletes. So you get hired at a big program. Like someone poitned out earlier, how many receivers have we put in the NFL even when having a terrible offense? "

I live in Houston, and Major wasn't the problem there. He was at a program where the "Godsend Coach" just up and left everybody, and it made the fanbase bitter and impatient. The morale of the program dropped like a rock once Herman left how he did, not to mention he didn't have a great D-Coordinator either.

I think this is an AWESOME hire, and as many others have stated, this brings us to the forefront of offensive execution as opposed to the back, which is where we've been for the last few years.
Oftentimes, underlying issues aren't revealed or discussed. I can certainly see the fans and players being disillusioned when Herman went to Texas.

Believe it or not, studies have shown that human saliva can soften the outer shell of eggplant.

So what I’ll do is place the eggplant in my mouth!

I’ll suck it on for 10-15 minutes, making sure to cover the entire surface area of the eggplant with my tongue. Not missing any spots.

After 15 minutes, the eggplant is ready for insertion.

:)

I heard the saliva on your tonsils is extra potent and really helps soften up that shell.

Believe it or not, studies have shown that human saliva can soften the outer shell of eggplant.

So what I’ll do is place the eggplant in my mouth!

I’ll suck it on for 10-15 minutes, making sure to cover the entire surface area of the eggplant with my tongue. Not missing any spots.

After 15 minutes, the eggplant is ready for insertion.

:)

Insertion?
Bguxi1p.gif

Advertisement
Hello all. This is my first post. I'm from Baton Rouge with Major Applewhite. Major is a year older than I am. Naturally I followed his playing and now coaching career. This was Manny's most important hire to make and he failed. At Houston, Major may have been calling the plays but he was running Herman's offense. Make no mistake about that. This is a terrible hire for a program that has been struggling for around 15 years. This hire makes me think Miami will be in the market for another head coach in 3-4 years.

I see no one has learned from all the people downvoting the UGA guys giving us tips.

@Stefan Adams has established major (no pun intended) cred in his short time with CIS. As he's proven time and again, I doubt seriously he would make such a bold statement without having a lot of confidence in it.

All the "he only had 1 top 25 offense" posts are so **** lazy. As if context doesn't play a part. First, who the **** has a good offense at Rice? Seriously how many times since any of you have been alive has Rice had a good offense? You're going to hold his one year at Rice as a first time coordinator against him?

He got "fired" at Alabama. Saban hired Applewhite than got apprehensive with a guy so young calling plays who wanted to run an offense contrary to "SEC" football so he pretty much made him a co-coordinator with Joe Pendry and Saban had a hand in the offense as well. Applewhite didn't like his power being stripped so he went home to Texas. The offense was better under him than it was under the previous guy though. They improved by over 4 points per game and over 30 yards.

At Texas, he wasn't even the play caller his first year as an OC. Bryan Harsin was in 2011. Harsin left and then Applewhite got the playcalling duties in 2012. Texas went from 54th in total offense under Harsin to 40th under Applewhite. So a well respected coordinator like Harsin had his numbers improved upon by Applewhite. The next year the bottom fell out of the program. The starting QB was out for the year after the 4th game with multiple concussions. The offense dipped to 65th and everyone got fired. His two years as the playcaller at Houston were good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
C’mooooooooon, a TOP 25 D in La Tech? La Tech? That’s not even one of the top “other other schools”. NCAA sacks leader? At La Tech? Just think what he can do with our dogs. I know, I know we want established **** corvette hires across the board but everyone has to start somewhere. I think it was a solid hire on Manny’s part and if he brings his S&C coach, we’ll be in very good shape. Let’s give it a chance.

My first response to the typical buddy hire is fear. Fear of more Ritch and Golden type assistants.

And, I know some of you all think Major and the new DC (who is highly thought of I might add) will provide inroads into Louisiana as far as recruiting. But, I wouldn't count on it until the program is on better footing because neither OC or DC is that influential.

Did Major have much clout in texas recruiting while he was in houston or texas?

Advertisement
Hello all. This is my first post. I'm from Baton Rouge with Major Applewhite. Major is a year older than I am. Naturally I followed his playing and now coaching career. This was Manny's most important hire to make and he failed. At Houston, Major may have been calling the plays but he was running Herman's offense. Make no mistake about that. This is a terrible hire for a program that has been struggling for around 15 years. This hire makes me think Miami will be in the market for another head coach in 3-4 years.
Holy **** are you kidding me right now?

My first response to the typical buddy hire is fear. Fear of more Ritch and Golden type assistants.

I wouldn’t necessarily call is a “buddy hire” but ok let’s go with that. Even if that’s what it is, he’s still proven himself to be very capable given the facilities and athletes he’s has to work with this far. Now he steps into the big leagues. On one of the videos on the potential S&C coach, he said La Tech football had an operations budget of 12 grand, no bigger than some high schools and look what’s he’s done. So sure it “might” have been a buddy hire but it was also a good solid hire. Both can be true.

Advertisement
If fedora wants to be a hc I can’t blame manny for missing. Some guys once they are the head honcho just don’t won’t to be an assistant.

Overall I think this is a good hire.
The thing that sticks out to me is his impressive performances in big games as the oc in Houston

I would immediately consider him the best oc in the coastal and that brings double digit wins yearly

The cupboard is fairly stacked and I liked how he uses his h back, I can see brevin doing work

All year we asked for spreading out the ooponent and play with tempo which he does
Playing to your players strength (he had a wr playing qb better than any our qbs did)

I believe the hire will happen but it’s weird to drop this info by Stef and then it come out that it may be premature and Stef still hasn’t said a thing.

No, I'm not. People here in Louisiana wonder how Major Applewhite keeps failing forward.
He ran Hermons offense yet he called the plays , last time I checked that’s good. That’s what a good playcaller does.

People around cfb think a lot of him so I can give zero ***** what you or a bunch of La red necks think. People in La don’t know what offense looks like anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back