MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I hate the spontaneous rap discussions, but please turn this thread into a rap discussion, as this insipid debate over the location of the University of Maryland is going to make me rip my own balls out.

chise vs lightskinvern rap battle would fill hard rock stadium

Lightskin vern is in jail mayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I studied at Georgetown. The University of Maryland is in a nice part of town, and it is only 15-25 minutes from the most entertaining parts of DC. A beautiful school, that values their degree. It belongs in the ACC. Their Athletic department overextended themselves with debt, which precipitated the conference realignment and is now hurting their enrollment yield. [East coast students now view them as a Purdue rather than a Wake, or other typical ACC school.]

I studied at Georgetown. The University of Maryland is in a nice part of town, and it is only 15-25 minutes from the most entertaining parts of DC. A beautiful school, that values their degree. It belongs in the ACC. Their Athletic department overextended themselves with debt, which precipitated the conference realignment and is now hurting their enrollment yield. [East coast students now view them as a Purdue rather than a Wake, or other typical ACC school.]

CP wasn't nice when i visited there.

As an aside, this is why I couldn't give a fvck about these out of state "stud" running backs.

While we're out chasing tail for these "studs"...we completely ignore the numerous Matt Dayes, Brandon Oliver types South Florida produces every year that would already be on campus and shut down their recruiting...no, they aren't ****...but they end up being four year productive D1 and P5 players and sometimes pros. Miami needs more of those and stop wasting time and resources of these worthless, fruitless endeavors.

Problem is you don't win championships with skill position slugs. You need blue chip game changers. Otherwise you'll continue chugging along at 9-4.

While this is true, and the "skill position slugs" statement is also true...we are in South Florida...slugs is a relative term and I would say these *** "slugs" in SoFla are better than these **** in most areas. Historically, these underrated SoFla recruits end up being really good especially at the skill spots...

Also, if you look at the recency of our OOS skill position (RB in particular)...underwhelming...even the best of them - Corn Elder - was converted to corner (he was pretty good, but I digress). There is such an abundance of skill position players in South Florida...nevermind the State of Florida...why go to Maryland? He better be a real stud to allocate the extra resources, time, etc. to leave the tri-county area and state.

Advertisement
I'm gonna be confident until the Maryland writer flips his CB back to Maryland from Miami

I hate the spontaneous rap discussions, but please turn this thread into a rap discussion, as this insipid debate over the location of the University of Maryland is going to make me rip my own balls out.
I would rather debate the internal temperature of a steak than what's going on here

Brown was supposed to be our great recruiter on staff, no? If he can't even land a RB he has had a relationship with for years who we have beeen the front runner with for a long time then that indicates a serious problem.

Advertisement
This is exactly why I never believe in silents. We are gonna have to take 4 running backs next cycle.

This NEVER pans out like you think.

Rarely do we land 4 studs at a skill position where there can only be one Alpha dog. Not happening. I'd take two...but 4? Not happening.

JuCo.

This is where Richt is making a mistake, we should have taken a JuCo RB and a JuCo WR and a JuCo DB.

You don't scare off the young kids, and you make up for the mistakes of Golden.

Advertisement
This is exactly why I never believe in silents. We are gonna have to take 4 running backs next cycle.

This NEVER pans out like you think.

Rarely do we land 4 studs at a skill position where there can only be one Alpha dog. Not happening. I'd take two...but 4? Not happening.

JuCo.

This is where Richt is making a mistake, we should have taken a JuCo RB and a JuCo WR and a JuCo DB.

You don't scare off the young kids, and you make up for the mistakes of Golden.

Juco DB...are you forgetting about Dean?

Juco WR...lmao, waste of time. Worrying about WRs at Miami in general is a waste of time.

Juco RB...you are right on target sir. But who was available that was good enough to play right away and could have been a realistic get?

If he ends up with MD my opinion is that the staff was over confident and misjudged his commitment level. It happens but man there is not a back up option. That is an ugly mistake

If he ends up with MD my opinion is that the staff was over confident and misjudged his commitment level. It happens but man there is not a back up option. That is an ugly mistake

A lot of things could have happened if this occurs:

1. got cold feet when the time came
2. talked into signing with MD by those around him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back