MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born in Baltimore. Maryland's campus is a suburb of Washington, D.C. It's not in the Baltimore area at all. And I don't know what kind of wizard you are, and how you make traffic disappear, but.....

Bc there aren't similarly bad areas in DC?

What does that have to do with anything? Of course there are.

The root of my participation in this discussion is to dismiss the dumb proposition made earlier in the thread (not by you) that MD's angle/advantage was negative recruiting Miami based on crime in the area

The perception of many on this board is that our campus and surrounding areas is the most gang infested area in the country where kids would be lucky not to have to commit murder in self defense here. I guess the downside of having a national brand is that you get fans from out of the city who have no idea what the fvck their talking about.

I once robbed myself right outside our campus

Advertisement
This is a real stupid debate, but I'm real bored. Baltimore and UMD have literally nothing in common besides being in the same state. In fact, there are very few places in Maryland that have much in common with Baltimore. Having said that, you have to assume that UMDs pitch has nothing to do with crime and everything to do with representing the home team, and possibly the ability to wear a new, goofy helmet for each game.

Spot on from someone who knows.

all that matters is when they put pen to paper. until feb 1st, all we can do is sit and anxiously wait.

Advertisement
Maryland was terrible last season. Saw a depleted Nebraska team give them the biz.

all that matters is when they put pen to paper. until feb 1st, all we can do is sit and anxiously wait.

Your source inside the program doesn't know? We're ****ed.. getting too quiet on our end. Hard to sit back and enjoy the show right now like your source told you to tell the board. You lied to us

At least he got drafted, unlike Allen Hurns.

Kid just needs to look at Diggs' career. All-world, 5 star receiver commits to hometown school Maryland, he does ok for three years, gets taken in the 5th round and blows up again in the NFL. Everyone who followed high school recruiting knew the kid was a beast, his supporting cast just sucked at MD. Should have been a 2nd rounder. Choosing Maryland over us cost that kid millions.

Yes, forgot Hurns was a 5-star what a great comparison..

Advertisement
I hate the spontaneous rap discussions, but please turn this thread into a rap discussion, as this insipid debate over the location of the University of Maryland is going to make me rip my own balls out.

I hate the spontaneous rap discussions, but please turn this thread into a rap discussion, as this insipid debate over the location of the University of Maryland is going to make me rip my own balls out.

chise vs lightskinvern rap battle would fill hard rock stadium

Homos listen to Drake and play Football at University of Maryland.

Advertisement
Hurns was a 5 star talent in HS. I don;t give a f**k what he was rated by Rivals.

Best WR at UF's Friday Night Lights camp. UF and Miami wanted him bad.

At least he got drafted, unlike Allen Hurns.

Kid just needs to look at Diggs' career. All-world, 5 star receiver commits to hometown school Maryland, he does ok for three years, gets taken in the 5th round and blows up again in the NFL. Everyone who followed high school recruiting knew the kid was a beast, his supporting cast just sucked at MD. Should have been a 2nd rounder. Choosing Maryland over us cost that kid millions.

Yes, forgot Hurns was a 5-star what a great comparison..

mcfarland would really tick me off if he flipped after leading the coaches to believe he was solid and they didnt recruit another back because of him. that would be the brutal part of this. this is what makes the flip less likely in my mind. letting a lot of people down.

Advertisement

I'm sure the respective crime and traffic in Coral Gables v. College Park will be dispositive for McFarland.

mcfarland would really tick me off if he flipped after leading the coaches to believe he was solid and they didnt recruit another back because of him. that would be the brutal part of this. this is what makes the flip less likely in my mind. letting a lot of people down.

That's why I don't envy the staff this time of year. Their success literally depends on the emotional and fickle decisions of 17 and 18 year old boys.

Hurns was a 5 star talent in HS.

5 star talents usually have the fastest 40's, quickest shuttles, highest verticals, best frames, etc. Hurn's biggest strengths don't get much love when it comes to star ratings.

I'm sure the respective crime and traffic in Coral Gables v. College Park will be dispositive for McFarland.

The sun is also stronger in Miami. He runs a higher risk for skin cancer. Oh and catching the Zika and having tiny headed babies. Negative recruiting 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back