MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A RB from Maryland, that's what you guys are crying about? Might as well be a WR from Vermont or a CB from Rhode Island. We will be fine. I'd rather have a RB from FL
DeMatha is one of the best HS programs in the country.

LoL, they casually want to forget that DeMatha embarrassed Miami Central two-years ago then beat American Heritage the next week.

Thats the number of rushing yards McFarland had against Central. Maybe hes just afraid to play with other kids from Miami?

wow looked at his stats. didn't really produce late juniro year and senior in stats category. highlight tape shows me he's legit but weird he's so highly sought after with average stats like that against decent competition. i know he was hurt but still

Look I got it. It was really more about DeMatha than this kid. He struggled against Central, Good Counsel and Gonzaga. He more likely to be a Wes Brown type kid at Maryland.

Advertisement
McFartland is a low character scumbag. I put a ton of stock in character. As a result, I think he'll have issues. We'll get someone better next year. This year, we have plenty of RBs. No one goes 8 deep with experienced AA RBs.

I hope Canes fans skewer the fvck out of that low character scumbag piece of trash McFartland on Twitter. His daddy Booger is a bytch too.

This isn't about picking a different school. Devonta Smith will probably pick a different school, and you won't hear me calling him a scumbag. I'll think it's a bad choice, but I won't shred his character.

This is about fcking over a guy whose livelihood depends on scumbags like McFartland honoring their word. Fvck that PM Dawn haired facquit to the pits of ****.

Advertisement
McFartland is a low character scumbag. I put a ton of stock in character. As a result, I think he'll have issues. We'll get someone better next year. This year, we have plenty of RBs. No one goes 8 deep with experienced AA RBs.

I hope Canes fans skewer the fvck out of that low character scumbag piece of trash McFartland on Twitter. His daddy Booger is a bytch too.

This isn't about picking a different school. Devonta Smith will probably pick a different school, and you won't hear me calling him a scumbag. I'll think it's a bad choice, but I won't shred his character.

This is about fcking over a guy whose livelihood depends on scumbags like McFartland honoring their word. Fvck that PM Dawn haired facquit to the pits of ****.
Relax

You guys seriously need to stop with this can't be mad at the kid because he's putting on for the home school.

He told us he was solid to the Canes and then reneged at the last second to where we don't have any viable backup options.

The latter is our coaches fault as they should've had other recruits in mind in the event the kid was full of ish. But that's a learning experience they just caught.

you have a kid for the better part of a year guaranteeing you he is coming how is that the coaches fault? how do you know they dont have backup plans?

what are they supposed to do, tell another kid...hey if mcfarland (who is solid to us right now and shows no signs of leaving) leaves, then we want you and the kid is supposed to wait?

Because silent commits are BS, that's why. I'm not going to say this is a failure on Thomas Brown's part. It's shady that after a dinner, Maryland all of a sudden flips this kid. That reeks of shady crap.

But from my understanding, I don't see anyone listing other RBs that we're after. Because we had a silent from McFarland up until now.

Btw, saw somewhere that this kid's announcement is getting pushed back at noon. But we all know where he's going.

Silent commit or public commit, a kid can still flip if he wants. Harley was a verbal commit to WV and looked what happened. Herbert was a verbal commit to Michigan and look what happened. Your argument makes no sense. McFarland could verbally committed instead of being a silent and still changed his mind. Our fan base turns to idiots any time a kid commits somewhere else.

Advertisement

Well said

I think Richt let Thomas Brown handle this on his own.

Last time Richt lets Thomas Brown handle recruiting a player on his own.

Brown was only with Richt for 1 year as a coach at Georgia. Richt overestimated him big time.

Im willing to bet Richt is not happy with Brown.

You guys seriously need to stop with this can't be mad at the kid because he's putting on for the home school.

He told us he was solid to the Canes and then reneged at the last second to where we don't have any viable backup options.

The latter is our coaches fault as they should've had other recruits in mind in the event the kid was full of ish. But that's a learning experience they just caught.

you have a kid for the better part of a year guaranteeing you he is coming how is that the coaches fault? how do you know they dont have backup plans?

what are they supposed to do, tell another kid...hey if mcfarland (who is solid to us right now and shows no signs of leaving) leaves, then we want you and the kid is supposed to wait?

Because silent commits are BS, that's why. I'm not going to say this is a failure on Thomas Brown's part. It's shady that after a dinner, Maryland all of a sudden flips this kid. That reeks of shady crap.

But from my understanding, I don't see anyone listing other RBs that we're after. Because we had a silent from McFarland up until now.

Btw, saw somewhere that this kid's announcement is getting pushed back at noon. But we all know where he's going.

Silent commit or public commit, a kid can still flip if he wants. Harley was a verbal commit to WV and looked what happened. Herbert was a verbal commit to Michigan and look what happened. Your argument makes no sense. McFarland could verbally committed instead of being a silent and still changed his mind. Our fan base turns to idiots any time a kid commits somewhere else.

Yeah whether he was public or not until now it wouldn't have changed anything. same reason I don't think his recruitment is over till NSD, regardless where he chooses.

+1/Upvote/repped

Advertisement
Our "OC" takes a massive L. What is he getting paid to go again, exactly?

How often do you have ***** in and around your mouth and ****?

This is on a diva *** kid...not our staff.

no doubt, im sure brown trusted the kid's word & that's part of the reason we werent going after any other kids. it wouldnt surprise at me at all if that was part of their agreement.

imagine had we been still going hard after other rb's. then the story would've been our fans blaming brown for flirting with other running back's and scaring this kid away because he didnt stick to his(brown's) word.

He already put the praying hands on the MD envelope at the beginning, not sure why you'd keep watching after that

I'm upset at myself for even having watched those first two clips

Richt hired Thomas Brown as an offensive coordinator after one year coaching under him at Georgia.

Thomas Brown was made OC when John Lilly and Bryan McClendon rejected the Miami offer from Richt.

I guarantee you Richt is second guessing his decision.

Brown has been a disaster so far.

Advertisement
This is part of life's lessons. You never put all of your eggs in one basket. I am really surprised at our staff's inability to see this in a world where many peoples' word does not mean a **** thing anymore. How many players' flip continuously? It's a F*****g game! Successful Programs recruit several players at positions, and eventually drop off the overflow ones in the end. This is the way it has to be and is based in the reality of today's world. These are veteran coaches that should not be making this type of stupid mistake. Look at Alabama, they don't even through the ball and are recruiting 3 4*/5* WR's. They will ore than like pick 2 and the other will have to walk.

What do you think they did. AM was signed, sealed and delivered one week before signing day. Who knew he would get cold feet and bounce. It goes both ways bruh. Look at Pouncey, he thought he was in this class until a couple days ago. Even decomitted from ND, how do you think he feels.

Exactly Bruh. It goes both ways. It's a game that the coaches got to play to win. Just recruiting one back at a position of need is bullcrap. Guarantee you that's the way successful Programs work. Unfortunately it's a cut throat world where no one's word can be trusted. Recruiting world not getting any better bruh.

the curse of the 50+ page thread. It continues

tumblr_inline_nwr5hvS6Be1qdozhv_500.gif

Brown needs to stop with the bible verses and start with the bags

Kids could care less how many hail mary's you recite at night

Tell them they're the star of the program, that we're only targeting them, play the religious card with the parents, and then over recruit and figure it out when they get here

Better the kid get left in the dust than the program, as ****** as that sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back