MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
whats up with AJ Davis, Lakeland RB. 4 star, visiting USF. Uncommitted. Thomas Brown started following him on Twitter recently

A RB from Maryland, that's what you guys are crying about? Might as well be a WR from Vermont or a CB from Rhode Island. We will be fine. I'd rather have a RB from FL
DeMatha is one of the best HS programs in the country.

LoL, they casually want to forget that DeMatha embarrassed Miami Central two-years ago then beat American Heritage the next week.

Advertisement
Said it earlier in this thread and people ed. If you want to compete with the big boys in recruiting (Bama, FSU, Clem etc..) you have to be willing to pony up. You can bet your *** if Bama really wanted him and he wanted to go to Bama, they would of done whatever it take$ to keep him.

Miami doesn't

I hate our fanbase

Truth hurts mane

I hate it too. It's embarrassing. Any kid we lose, it's because we didn't drop bags. Not saying it doesn't happen, but you idiots need to man up and stop thinking that happens to every kid we lose. A kid decided to stay home. End of story.

He hasnt actually picked yet, has he? If this kid was able to be flipped that ******* fast theres nothing that would lead me to believe this kid wont end up signing woth us on nsd regardless where he commits today.

And I think you guys are overreacting about how badly we need RBs. Yes we do need a RB for the future, but if Homer steps up and we get a top 2018 guy none of this matters one bit. This isnt like missing out of Donaldson on the OL. This is RB, and Deejay/Henderson can fill the void. This is a bid loss because hes very talented but lets not make this seem like we lost Perry or Bandy or DJ Johnson or something

Said it earlier in this thread and people bit**ed. If you want to compete with the big boys in recruiting (Bama, FSU, Clem etc..) you have to be willing to pony up. You can bet your *** if Bama really wanted him and he wanted to go to Bama, they would of done whatever it take$ to keep him.

Miami doesn't

You're a fūcking idiot that doesn't understand recent history and you don't get how our booster profile differs from other programs. You have no clue.

While we are at it, since the 2015 class that included Walton, Scarlett, Cronkite, etc., hasn't the talent at the position in South Florida seemed a touch light? Rasul was the lone 4 star caliber back out of the area and he barely played last year. We snagged Homer and Zach Moss went to Utah but that was pretty much it.

This year you have Burns and who else exactly?

Advertisement
He hasnt actually picked yet, has he? If this kid was able to be flipped that ****ing fast theres nothing that would lead me to believe this kid wont end up signing woth us on nsd regardless where he commits today.

And I think you guys are overreacting about how badly we need RBs. Yes we do need a RB for the future, but if Homer steps up and we get a top 2018 guy none of this matters one bit. This isnt like missing out of Donaldson on the OL. This is RB, and Deejay/Henderson can fill the void. This is a bid loss because hes very talented but lets not make this seem like we lost Perry or Bandy or DJ Johnson or something
he's gone. already decided

Why not Jordan Cronkite?

My 2 cents

Depth: He can me main back on practice squad this upcoming year. With Burns/ Choc injury prone, who else will be our back for the practice squad? He's sit out 17' but able to contribute in 18'. We've seen how many JAGS we've had out at WR/ DB over the year that truly don't help the starters get any better in practice. I see him as the Eduardo Clements of the team. The Special Teamer and occasional 3rd down back. Plus he's the same year as walton so he has what 2 years left? Come 2018, with Choc graduating and Walton maybe declaring early, he can provide the necessary depth needed. not for meaningful reps but for depth

Perception: who wouldn't want a local kid who committed and played for UF to transfer to Miami due to the awful direction of the UF program. He'd be a prime example on why not to go to UF and stay home.

Local 2018 RB that has gained 20 lbs since 2015 year for this past (2016) season --played 205 lbs. last year. Presently is bigger and running track again this year. Took over for Burns when he was hurt. Line he has blocking for him not the greatest.

James Jackson IV - Hudl

I'm assuming this kid is JJ's kid, correct?

Tracy Howard was all UF until the 11th hour because he realized he wanted to play for the hometown. Look it sucks to lose a kid like this when you expected him all along but Richt is a vet you got to have a backup plan just in case no matter how slim you think the chances are the kid flips. Dudes cry on here all the time about there is no loyalty to Miami from these SOFL kids. Does it make sense to us for him to go to Maryland over Miami? Heck no! and to most ppl it doesn't. But I cant blame the kid who wants to put on where he is from.

have to agree with this. just so happens we were really counting on hi, at a position of need but it is the nature of the game.

again imo this wasn't a position of need this year. oL WR DB were the spots we really needed help and the close on those spots are looking good

It wasn't a need position because we thought he was in. Now, looking ahead to 2017, we only have one back with actual playing experience ... and two of the three backups have injury histories (one of which is an incoming freshman). We need to hope Homer is the real deal and we avoid any injuries. With all the shots they take, RB is an injury prone position. It's a risky situation to be in.

RB is now front and center a need position for the 2018 class. It also delays us getting out of this hole we've dug of always having to recruit out of need. We're not going to realistically compete with the Bamas and OSUs etal. until we can get back to competing from depth.

RB is def a need spot for next years class but look at what the staff is projected to close with at our need positions this year. theyre apparently going to clean up at WR, DBs, and OL. this a great great class imo with or without McFarland.

Agreed, my point is the risk at RB next year is not something to poo-poo. As far as this class, it's just a wet blanket thrown over things at the last minute.

Advertisement
Local 2018 RB that has gained 20 lbs since 2015 year for this past (2016) season --played 205 lbs. last year. Presently is bigger and running track again this year. Took over for Burns when he was hurt. Line he has blocking for him not the greatest.

James Jackson IV - Hudl

Kid in track has run an 11.2 `100m and should be near 11 this year. weight is near 210-215 now and strong over 300 bench 400 squat.

Whatever happens today, I don't think this is over until Wednesday.

This kid is really tight with Thomas Brown. He must feel like complete s**t ******** brown over like this.

He hasnt actually picked yet, has he? If this kid was able to be flipped that ******* fast theres nothing that would lead me to believe this kid wont end up signing woth us on nsd regardless where he commits today.

this. RB was the one position where we could have taken a loss this year on offense and be okay

Advertisement
Maryland schedule next year

@Texas- L
Towson - W
UCF- W
@Minnesota-L
@Ohio St- L
Northwestern-L
@wisconsin-L
Indiana-W
[MENTION=9367]Rut[/MENTION]gers-W
Michigan-L
@Michigan St-L
Penn St-L

Why would you want to play for that **** show.

Why not Jordan Cronkite?

My 2 cents

Depth: He can me main back on practice squad this upcoming year. With Burns/ Choc injury prone, who else will be our back for the practice squad? He's sit out 17' but able to contribute in 18'. We've seen how many JAGS we've had out at WR/ DB over the year that truly don't help the starters get any better in practice. I see him as the Eduardo Clements of the team. The Special Teamer and occasional 3rd down back. Plus he's the same year as walton so he has what 2 years left? Come 2018, with Choc graduating and Walton maybe declaring early, he can provide the necessary depth needed. not for meaningful reps but for depth

Perception: who wouldn't want a local kid who committed and played for UF to transfer to Miami due to the awful direction of the UF program. He'd be a prime example on why not to go to UF and stay home.

Next time keep your two cents.

If you guys are trying to convince yourselves this wasn't a huge miss, then you don't want to be elite. This kid is the goods and would have anchored our team. If we miss on any RB's next cycle we are ****ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back