Luther Luke Campbell is hosting a Twitter space

Status
Not open for further replies.
He explained it in context on twitter spaces and nobody here posted what he said. The same **** he tweeted there he said days ago, but if u read this board you’d think he called the feds on us lol
Are you stoned or stupid? What part of him going to the media threatening Miami if they didn't start the guy he thought should be the QB do you not understand.
An actual Miami fan would never forgive that.

Advertisement
LOL, nahhhh Bro, I think your recollection of things are inaccurate.

Lockette didn't coach at FSU until 2017, Shannon was fired in 2010, so there's no way that Telly was the reason that kids were going up there. Shannon never offered Freeman, and by the time that Golden offered Him He was already on FSU's campus, so how's that Luke's fault?

Luke tried to steer Cooper to Miami, but Golden thought Waters was better LOL, so how's that Luke's fault?

If anything, Luke's tried to steer kids to Miami, not His fault that we had we had an investigation and coRches at the time.
I was using Telly as an example so I didn’t mean it as that’s the guy he steered players to but both you and @E1k are correct about Miami players not being offered by previous coaching staffs. Being a big time issue.

People here on this board have given plenty of examples of that happening.

However, Luke has sh*t on this school. He’s favored other schools and it’s been there for all to see although I would agree that some of his plight has been the same as many of ours.

Billy corben and luke dont belong in the same convo, billy has benefited off of the U, the U benefited off a culture that luke put on the map its a big difference. Thats why i ask where are from because only someone from here and has family that knows or grew up at that time will understand

And with the steering kids **** luke has said plenty of times he has called miami coaches about players that have went on to be stars and they weren’t interested or just didn’t listen. Devonta freeman and ty hilton for example, is he supposed to say ok kid Miami doesn’t want u im not gonna help u get in any other college? No he did what any other coach or mentor should do and call people he’s cool with to get that kid in college regardless if its a rival or not. **** is bigger than the U and FSU rival these kids going to college is more important so that lil narrative has always been bull**** to me.

He has a elite talent there now and what did the last WR coach say? Oh he’s too small and they walked past him and IGNORED HIM at a camp now he’s committed to clemson, why tf would he be loyal to that ****? Thats bull****
Bottom line as I’ve addressed the other Luke stuff on another post I tagged you: Mario isn’t them dudes that have been here since 2006.

Why continue to say sh*t? He backtracked some already but why even go there already? Someone said Mario talked to Luke. I don’t know if that’s true or not but if he did, that’s already more than what the previous bozos here have done.

Be positive about the program until proven otherwise with Mario.

Advertisement
Are you stoned or stupid? What part of him going to the media threatening Miami if they didn't start the guy he thought should be the QB do you not understand.
An actual Miami fan would never forgive that.
Who the **** are u to patrol what a actual Miami fan is? And again if u believe luke was gonna go to the ncaa then you’re proving my point lol

Bottom line as I’ve addressed the other Luke stuff on another post I tagged you: Mario isn’t them dudes that have been here since 2006.

Why continue to say sh*t? He backtracked some already but why even go there already? Someone said Mario talked to Luke. I don’t know if that’s true or not but if he did, that’s already more than what the previous bozos here have done.

Be positive about the program until proven otherwise with Mario.
He said nothing but positive things about mario and the staff in the spaces, he’s just advocating for Florida coaches. Thats it nothing more, he just happens to be in Miami and have a history with the school. I agree coaches here deserve better luke just says it in a way that gets yall mad😂

If you're theory of benevolence actually was true then Puke would advocate for his precious South Florida high school coaches to be hired ELSEWHERE in college football too.

We ever see Puke make a public statement directed at Clemson or Baga or any SEC school about only coming down here to pluck kids but never taking any coaches with them? THAT would be pretty easy, huh? But he NEVER does it because he's an aging fraud with an agenda- one that is purely focused on his own ego and personal benefit.

As has been established, thankfully he's largely irrelevant- aside from those of us that feel compelled to educate fellow fans (like we have to about Corben) regarding snakes in our midst.

I'm actually sympathetic to some of the points Luke makes (recruit SoFla kids, hire some SoFla-oriented coaches) until I dig a little deeper.

Let's not forget, Luke's primary past compliaints about UM, specifically, were that we didn't start particular black players at QB, and that the "committee" felt that we weren't hiring enough black coaches. Meanwhile, Miami has a history of hiring coaches who check the boxes of SoFla's top 3 constituencies: Hispanic (Larranaga, Cristobal), African American (Hamilton, Clark, Haith, Shannon), and the elderly (Coker, Richt, Larranaga). Meanwhile, has the Flagship University ever had a non-white football or basketball coach? And the SemenHoles barely gave Taggart a chance (the chance they gladly extend to someone like Prison Mike Norvell), though they did hire our former coach (Hamilton).

But the fact remains, Luke (and the Committee) only criticize Miami, even though our track record is superior to that of both Flagship University and Financially Strapped University. Either be consistent and criticize all schools consistently or, better yet, STFU and keep UM out of your mouth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL, can't take a guy that used to wear sequins seriously. And besides, Luke and His boys ran Death Row outta town at Jack The Rapper, had them b!tches shook.

Oh good lord, anyone who champions 2Live over NWA has lost all credibility. Go comfort yourself with your homophobia over some 40 year old photos of the World Class Wrecking Cru.

The double team of Luke & Billy Corben should never be allowed in campus or at a game ever again.

They utilize the UM name when it’s to their benefit and then Crap on it at every opportunistic time and say “they are keeping it real.”

Billy Corben is a UM alum and made The U and The U, Part 2.

What has Luke done?

Let's not mix this up. Billy may criticize UM from time to time, but he never got us put on probation the way that LeBastard did.

I'm actually sympathetic to some of the point Luke makes (recruit SoFla kids, hire some SoFla-oriented coaches) until I dig a little deeper.

Let's not forget, Luke's primary past compliaints about UM, specifically, were that we didn't start particular black players at QB, and that the "committee" felt that we weren't hiring enough black coaches. Meanwhile, Miami has a history of hiring coaches who check the boxes of SoFla's top 3 constituencies: Hispanic (Larranaga, Cristobal), African American (Hamilton, Clark, Haith, Shannon), and the elderly (Coker, Richt, Larranaga). Meanwhile, has the Flagship University ever had a non-white football or basketball coach? And the SemenHoles barely gave Taggart a chance (the chance they gladly extend to someone like Prison Mike Norvell), though they did hire our former coach (Hamilton).

But the fact remains, Luke (and the Committee) only criticize Miami, even though our track record is superior to that of both Flagship University and Financially Strapped University. Either be consistent and criticize all schools consistently or, better yet, STFU and keep UM out of your mouth.
Well said but "the elderly" had me choking on some coffee. Hahaha.

I'm actually sympathetic to some of the point Luke makes (recruit SoFla kids, hire some SoFla-oriented coaches) until I dig a little deeper.

Great points. Luke only seems to hold Miami to his standards while having steered kids to FSU with seemingly no care for their hiring record.
I also love how Larranga checks 2 boxes.

Advertisement
He said nothing but positive things about mario and the staff in the spaces, he’s just advocating for Florida coaches. Thats it nothing more, he just happens to be in Miami and have a history with the school. I agree coaches here deserve better luke just says it in a way that gets yall mad😂
Seems like he sees all the 💰 being paid out and he's trying to help local underpaid coaches get a piece. But **** he got to say it better.

Billy Corben is a UM alum and made The U and The U, Part 2.

What has Luke done?

Let's not mix this up. Billy may criticize UM from time to time, but he never got us put on probation the way that LeBastard did.
Do you think Billy would take down The U if it means he can take down Ruiz and others while being able to make a movie about it?

Billy is in it for Billy.

Do you think Billy would take down The U if it means he can take down Ruiz and others while being able to make a movie about it?

Billy is in it for Billy.

I agree that Billy's primary focus is Billy. But he makes many relevant points without threatening NCAA probation (Luke) or causing NCAA probation (LeBastard).

And let's be honest, SoFla has a long and sad tradition of big-money individuals who promise more than they deliver. Have you ever heard of Thomas Kramer? I'm not saying that John Ruiz is the same type of a person, but I can understand the skepticism.

Advertisement
I'm not sure why you all listen to or care what Luke has to say.

He hasn't been beneficial for this program in a long, long time. Yeah, it was cool to see him in UM jackets back in the day and his appearance on the documentary was great, but since then his relationship with the school has been strained at best and he's done absolutely nothing to advance this program or its interests. My take is he's just a bandwagon fan and with our crappiness there hasn't been much good to say about the program.

But best to just tune off and ignore.

The thing that most annoys me is national media still associating him with Miami . Like when college game day came a couple years back they keep bringing this dudes name up
CIS brings him up once a month

I agree that Billy's primary focus is Billy. But he makes many relevant points without threatening NCAA probation (Luke) or causing NCAA probation (LeBastard).

And let's be honest, SoFla has a long and sad tradition of big-money individuals who promise more than they deliver. Have you ever heard of Thomas Kramer? I'm not saying that John Ruiz is the same type of a person, but I can understand the skepticism.
Agreed on the first part.

Regarding Ruiz, I understand the skepticism, 100%.

However, to go on public rants like Billy does assuming things about the guy without any evidence is bullsh*t.

If he has actual info/details about the guy then he can do what he wants but he doesn’t. He just gets people to get on with him and LeBatard to rant and discredit just so that he can be right.

The Ruiz family are alumni, have been athletes in the programs and to be dragged the way Billy is dragging them as if they are Nevin Shapiro is what I object to.

If they turn out to be that, I think we all would go in on them but Billy is prematurely turning on the screws.

Seems like he sees all the 💰 being paid out and he's trying to help local underpaid coaches get a piece. But **** he got to say it better.
Nah I think its more he just want them to get opportunities at the next level. These dudes are getting pennies and produce the best talent in the country, most of them have jobs on the side and they really look out for some kids, feed them,place to stay I’ve seen high school coaches take a kid in and treat him like a son. They are the real heroes of the community and they get nothing,not even an interview. So I don’t blame luke for talking **** about it even tho he says some crazy **** lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back