Luther Luke Campbell is hosting a Twitter space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually sympathetic to some of the points Luke makes (recruit SoFla kids, hire some SoFla-oriented coaches) until I dig a little deeper.

Let's not forget, Luke's primary past compliaints about UM, specifically, were that we didn't start particular black players at QB, and that the "committee" felt that we weren't hiring enough black coaches. Meanwhile, Miami has a history of hiring coaches who check the boxes of SoFla's top 3 constituencies: Hispanic (Larranaga, Cristobal), African American (Hamilton, Clark, Haith, Shannon), and the elderly (Coker, Richt, Larranaga). Meanwhile, has the Flagship University ever had a non-white football or basketball coach? And the SemenHoles barely gave Taggart a chance (the chance they gladly extend to someone like Prison Mike Norvell), though they did hire our former coach (Hamilton).

But the fact remains, Luke (and the Committee) only criticize Miami, even though our track record is superior to that of both Flagship University and Financially Strapped University. Either be consistent and criticize all schools consistently or, better yet, STFU and keep UM out of your mouth.
The spaces he had literally had the entire big 3 in the title lol it’s crazy everybody just ignores stuff to fit a narrative. He’s called out every school here bruh lol

Advertisement
The spaces he had literally had the entire big 3 in the title lol it’s crazy everybody just ignores stuff to fit a narrative. He’s called out every school here bruh lol

He might have called out "every school" in the last couple of days, but that is NOT how he has behaved for the past 25 years. Luke has absolutely, positively been way more critical of UM, while giving the pass to every other school, for DECADES.

Maybe he is changing his tune now, and I welcome Luke's belated come-to-Jesus moment. But I'm also not going to act like 25 years of his nonsense disappeared after one "Spaces" session.

Nah I think its more he just want them to get opportunities at the next level. These dudes are getting pennies and produce the best talent in the country, most of them have jobs on the side and they really look out for some kids, feed them,place to stay I’ve seen high school coaches take a kid in and treat him like a son. They are the real heroes of the community and they get nothing,not even an interview. So I don’t blame luke for talking **** about it even tho he says some crazy **** lol
You gave more detail into what I was implying. ✊🏿

Reactions: E1k
Advertisement
Nah I think its more he just want them to get opportunities at the next level. These dudes are getting pennies and produce the best talent in the country, most of them have jobs on the side and they really look out for some kids, feed them,place to stay I’ve seen high school coaches take a kid in and treat him like a son. They are the real heroes of the community and they get nothing,not even an interview. So I don’t blame luke for talking **** about it even tho he says some crazy **** lol
Are they actually good coaches?

Advertisement
He's a washed up, low-IQ bum, and I beat him out for the rights to a hot *** Jamaican girl's ****** at the Miramar Bokampers in approximately 2013.
I'd much rather hear about pum pum than Puke any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

At what point do u start saying eff the delivery when nothing is changing? If the focus is on the delivery when the message is really serious then thats a problem

I'm not referring to us as fans, I'm talking about the real decision makers. I can't imagine that they're too receptive to him when it seems he's trashing or trying to extort the U into doing what he wants. The worst part of it all is when he makes it out to be about race. I'd say our staff is pretty **** diverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back