LSU New Locker Rooms

of course we should keep improving but you can't keep up with people whose priorities are completely different. a real school would never allow their library to look like that while pouring tons of money into sleeping locker rooms or whatever.

We dont need to keep up with LSU or Texas, its impossible. We need to ensure we are on par with UF, FSU, and those in our conference

Advertisement
Ask yourself this, if Miami was given an extra $1 million yearly stipend, just as an example, would that money be better spent on adding orange and green glow cubes and cheesy laminate storage modules....

OR

Four extra analysts per year to do things like break down film, help with recruiting and logistics, analyze performance metrics, etc...you know, things that contribute to wins,

You can tell who the short attention span, back of the class guys are in this thread.

Guess you have not seen Florida's new digs and $65 million to be spent on 130,000 square foot football complex

This is your main competitor when it comes to recruiting, so obviously we can’t spend 65 Mil but we need to make sure that our facilities don't look like a high school compared to theirs

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ask yourself this, if Miami was given an extra $1 million yearly stipend, just as an example, would that money be better spent on adding orange and green glow cubes and cheesy laminate storage modules....

OR

Four extra analysts per year to do things like break down film, help with recruiting and logistics, analyze performance metrics, etc...you know, things that contribute to wins,

You can tell who the short attention span, back of the class guys are in this thread.

I would settle for converting that to "bags"...😶

Majority of elite athletes don't come to play school. U can talk about how much a degree is worth but an 18 y/o kid don't care. They want to go where they can win and live luxurious for 3 years until they go to the league.

And that right there is a problem. These dudes all think they're going to league in 3 years.

About 50% of 5-star kids eventually get drafted.
That percentage drops to less than 25% for 4-star kids.

I don't know the breakdown of how many kids get drafted after 3 years vs 4, but I'd guess it's lower than those percentages above.

Errbody think they're gonna be a star instead of putting in the work to get that degree.

OR

Ultimately it is about wins and with wins you'll recruit better.

Still, don't try and trivialize things like this because it isn't ours. The target audience has a short attention span, so it's money well spent. I imagine they also already have those four extra guys.

Lastly, wasn't it just this past recruiting class that had a big target of ours opt to go check out UGA's new facility unveiling than attending our camp? Yes, these things matter, that's why they do them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does anyone realize that if LSU fails as a university, they would have to close the football program? I think some people are missing this point. I see people posting "what kind of 40 time does the library have?" and "libraries don't score touchdowns" The school is nearly bankrupt.

Players live on campus one year and bolt - dorms not the answer
That's true, but when you have the recruit with his parents the sell is the dorms. Mom will say, "look how nice these are."

No one is saying, "Don't worry about these crappy dorms, you'll have a nice apartment next year.

Simple Question for those urging Miami to strongly compete in this arms race.....remember when Miami needed extra $200,000 or so + to complete the IPF??

It was extremely difficult to finally get remaining funds....and IF CMR ( Thank you again) had not contributed his $1million that IPF deficit would have been even larger.

These type of projects are NOT in the Athletic Department budget and require large doses of outside funding.....Until outside $$ are secured these types of enhancements will always be pipedreams

How many of you are actually willing to contribute some $$ to accomplish this?

Advertisement
....How many of you are actually willing to contribute some $$ to accomplish this?

None of them.

But they like to bltch about not having a disco ball in the locker-room.

Yes, improving the locker room would be nice, although all our facilities are very nice already, as is.

What people don’t seem to realize is the following:

• Miami does not have $1 billion foundation from which to draw funds like the SEC schools. Miami doesn’t even have a foundation.

• Miami has to beg the fools that are porsting on this site for their pennies, as your very apropos example of the funding required to finish the IPF clearly demonstrated.

With limited funds, Miami has to prioritize. I personally feel very strongly about the fact that it’s the analysts race that is the one we’re losing that is most significant. Look at how many people Saban has working behind the scenes as analysts, coaches etc. That costs money. I’d rather put it there first, what reasonable person wouldn’t?

Again people with short attention spans always get distracted by the shiny things. And while no one here would dispute the fact that having extra nice facilities is a definite boost to recruiting, winning is even more important. The shortest path to winning is better coaching and game planning with the players we are getting now . And that costs money which is limited at Miami.

We also can’t forget the improvements that have already been made in our facilities, and at some point, and I realize it’s going to be a foreign concept to the short bus riders that are posting in this thread, there’s a thing called the law of diminishing returns. But these guys aren’t exactly deep thinkers. Maybe they can Google that and then decide where the money is better spent.

None of them.

But they like to bltch about not having a disco ball in the locker-room.

Yes, improving the locker room would be nice, although all our facilities are very nice already, as is.

What people don’t seem to realize is the following:

• Miami does not have $1 billion foundation from which to draw funds like the SEC schools. Miami doesn’t even have a foundation.

• Miami has to beg the fools that are porsting on this site for their pennies, as your very apropos example of the funding required to finish the IPF clearly demonstrated.

With limited funds, Miami has to prioritize. I personally feel very strongly about the fact that it’s the analysts race that is the one we’re losing that is most significant. Look at how many people Saban has working behind the scenes as analysts, coaches etc. That costs money. I’d rather put it there first, what reasonable person wouldn’t?

Again people with short attention spans always get distracted by the shiny things. And while no one here would dispute the fact that having extra nice facilities is a definite boost to recruiting, winning is even more important. The shortest path to winning is better coaching and game planning with the players we are getting now . And that costs money which is limited at Miami.

We also can’t forget the improvements that have already been made in our facilities, and at some point, and I realize it’s going to be a foreign concept to the short bus riders that are posting in this thread, there’s a thing called the law of diminishing returns. But these guys aren’t exactly deep thinkers. Maybe they can Google that and then decide where the money is better spent.

This thesis is all well and good but guess who doesn't think this deep or care? 17-18 year old recruits who will compare your facilities to others, if you're not putting the product on the field that will attract them. We have stunk on the field and been behind in facilities. Absolutely nobody expects us to spend money like Texas, Oklahoma, or LSU but we need to at least stay at close to the times as possible.

This thesis is all well and good but guess who doesn't think this deep or care? 17-18 year old recruits who will compare your facilities to others, if you're not putting the product on the field that will attract them. We have stunk on the field and been behind in facilities. Absolutely nobody expects us to spend money like Texas, Oklahoma, or LSU but we need to at least stay at close to the times as possible.

Ok, I give in.

Our money is better spent on plastic trinkets than actual analysts.

Genius concept....Let’s waste money while the top recruits, who most likely would not come here anyway because they’re getting bagged up, keep going to other schools.

Yep, let’s NOT use that money for things that will actually help us win RIGHT NOW.

Advertisement
Back