LSU New Locker Rooms

Jon Vilma was speaking facts about facilities today and the impact on them in the mind of recruits on college football live today after they showed LSU new lockeroom ...

He said he had always loved Miami and didn’t care about facilities as Miami didn’t have the most impressive facilities back then. He just had an affinity for the school and what they done in the past. Now a days these kids grow up with no affinity to certain schools and the facilities certainly attracts them along with winning and if you can get them to the league. People try to downplay the impact of facilities but you are sadly mistaken

You can literally waste $ on anything as a football program. LSU also wastes tons of $ on their strength & conditioning as well. I say waste because the on-field results they've gotten have not justified that type of spending. MIA as a university will NEVER be in a position where it will be able to dictate the pace of the college football arms race. It just has to make sure that it never falls too far behind, and continues to make investments in things that actually have a tangible impact on on-field performance like they've been doing recently. MIA as a university/city sells itself to recruits. Once its able to prove to recruits that it has the infrastructure to properly evaluate & develop players for the next level, this type of superfluous spending will become even less of an issue.

Advertisement
Cool is what most recruits will say. Like the colors or not, some would say ours are obnoxious, that will wow recruits. That's what this is about and we'd be bragging like some m'fers if that was our locker room.

Is this time to bring out the academic smack talk? Maybe we can talk about how we have a SOBE club at the Rock?

Majority of elite athletes don't come to play school. U can talk about how much a degree is worth but an 18 y/o kid don't care. They want to go where they can win and live luxurious for 3 years until they go to the league.

Advertisement
These are just "nice to haves." The shiny new object in the room. It checks off the box for a recruit, but is a locker room the deciding factor on signing day?

A recruit saying, "I was thinking about going to Alabama or Miami, but that locker room at LSU really got me all jiggy, so that's where I'm signing. "

He's right you know..

Yessir he's got that right..... Libraries don't score touchdowns.

Diploma's not worth the toilet paper they're printed on doesn't get your students jobs either

But that's not important.....what's important is that for 4 years they get to go to Tiger Stadium & sit in the confined student section and scream in a foreign language "Geaux Tigers"......now that an experience that lasts a lifetime
you can do it1.gif

.LSU Grad

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Good god, what kind of egotistical sad f**k wants to see a picture of himself and his name up on a screen while he's changing his f'ing underwear? That is tacky as ****. If I was on that team I would tell them to turn the screen above my locker off.
The kind that's ranked 4 and 5 stars.

There is nothing "tacky" about that locker room.

Dudes on here can act like this ish shouldn't matter but it does. Kids go crazy over this stuff. Miami def needs to continue to improve on this type of stuff
of course we should keep improving but you can't keep up with people whose priorities are completely different. a real school would never allow their library to look like that while pouring tons of money into sleeping locker rooms or whatever.

Advertisement
Can't compete with alumni bases of the LSU's size. What we can do is improve where we can - IPF is a good example.

F*ck a locker room.

Can't compete with alumni bases of the LSU's size. What we can do is improve where we can - IPF is a good example.

F*ck a locker room.
I think you might be Overestimating how much these upgrades cost. Miami’s practice facility itself was 40 million itself which included new meeting rooms , weight room touch up and other things. Most of these lockeroom upgrades around the country aren’t costing that much if you look at the numbers. I think The lockeroom is important actually considering how much time the players spend in there everyday

I think facilities matter for recruits, it shows how committed the university as whole is to the players, but I do think it has a diminishing returns after a certain point. IF Miami has great facilities, even tho it may not be as luxurious as some of the top schools, I think we won’t be hurt by it. But recruits need to see the effort and money put into the program.

All these comments about how LSU finances the athletic department over the academic side are really ******* dumb

I think you might be Overestimating how much these upgrades cost. Miami’s practice facility itself was 40 million itself which included new meeting rooms , weight room touch up and other things. Most of these lockeroom upgrades around the country aren’t costing that much if you look at the numbers. I think The lockeroom is important actually considering how much time the players spend in there everyday

I am not overestimating the cost, you're underestimating how schools distribute their donations to athletic programs. UM can't just justify constantly upgrading football facilities with 20 other sports on the docket that are largely being supported by the football program. The IPF being 100% crowdfunded is exactly how we get **** done, we have fewer alumni with deep pockets but at least they care about just the football program.

Also, our locker rooms are pretty solid already.

Advertisement
Back