LSU New Locker Rooms

Majority of elite athletes don't come to play school. U can talk about how much a degree is worth but an 18 y/o kid don't care. They want to go where they can win and live luxurious for 3 years until they go to the league.

Sadly, this is true. It’s why I’m all for another crowd sourced initiative to fund new locker rooms. Face it, the kids this stuff up like crazy and it wouldn’t cost us much to get done.

Advertisement
Sadly, this is true. It’s why I’m all for another crowd sourced initiative to fund new locker rooms. Face it, the kids this stuff up like crazy and it wouldn’t cost us much to get done.

Then the U is not for you (sadly)....... If an elite 18-year old football player is not interested in an education, they should not attend UM. My first cousin just turned down Cornell Architecture for UM architecture.

If any of the biotech investments hit, UM will become even wealthier and even more academically stringent. They want to become the next BC and are well on their way to doing so. The second round of dorms are a complete "game changer".

All my classmates turned down Dartmouth for Georgetown and I never understood why. These city schools like Miami, BC, BU, USC are all the rage. Even George Washington, with no real campus, is outdrawing "elite, rural, New England colleges."

IKEA could crush this purple rain **** for bout $150 per modular chair.
It a robbery... robbery.... robbery, robbery, robbery, robbery nooooooow....
1563903343384.gif

Ok, I give in.

Our money is better spent on plastic trinkets than actual analysts.

Genius concept....Let’s waste money while the top recruits, who most likely would not come here anyway because they’re getting bagged up, keep going to other schools.

Yep, let’s NOT use that money for things that will actually help us win RIGHT NOW.
i know it doesn't win football games but LSU is losing the PR battle on this one. those library shots coupled with the fiscal state of affairs in that system make them look foolish. the optics just don't look good for them.

LSU offers their players 4 things:
  1. Big heavy bags
  2. The opportunity to play for a perennial top P5 program
  3. The opportunity to play in the SEC West (makes me vomit to say that...)
  4. And the high rate of getting players into the league
That's it. Baton Rouge is a septic tank, and the academics at LSU are sh*t. And they don't offer the intangibles like strong, tight-knit football family alumni. So splashy sh*t like a $15 million locker room (i'm just wildly guessing at the cost) is essential for them.

All that said, do we need to beautify our locker room - sure! But we don't need to go crazy with it like they've done simply because we've got other attractive selling points. We won't be able to match them with #1 and #3 above, but if we can turn the corner hopefully under Manny soon, we'll have #2 and #4 above.

And in addition, we bring to the table (which LSU can't touch):
  1. Amazing campus. I honestly can't think of more than 5 campuses nationwide that can compete with UM's campus setting.
  2. World-class city. Friday night during the off season, Miami or Baton Rouge?
  3. Tight-knit football alumni
  4. Strong academics and a nationally-respected degree
So yeah, upgrade the locker room a bit, but put the rest of that money to much better use.

Advertisement
all that to win 8 or cap out at 9 wins a year?

Exactly. To me, they’re a big underperformer based on the talent they recruit year after year. They should be winning 10-12 games each and every year. They’re pretty much top three to top five every year in recruiting.

The school itself may not have money, but the football program has tons of it, as you know. The facilities as you can see are awesome.

Jon Vilma was speaking facts about facilities today and the impact on them in the mind of recruits on college football live today after they showed LSU new lockeroom ...

He said he had always loved Miami and didn’t care about facilities as Miami didn’t have the most impressive facilities back then. He just had an affinity for the school and what they done in the past. Now a days these kids grow up with no affinity to certain schools and the facilities certainly attracts them along with winning and if you can get them to the league. People try to downplay the impact of facilities but you are sadly mistaken

1. You must have missed the former players discussing what Miami needs to get back to winning championships. It wasn't playstations and water slides. It required going back to recruiting "Miami" players. And no, that doesn't mean 5 stars.

This article is worth re reading.

Speed and intelligence. There are still lots of athletes with those attributes who see right through gimmicky locker rooms.

2. Bags>purple locker rooms

1. You must have missed the former players discussing what Miami needs to get back to winning championships. It wasn't playstations and water slides. It required going back to recruiting "Miami" players. And no, that doesn't mean 5 stars.

Speed and intelligence. There are still lots of athletes with those attributes who see right through gimmicky locker rooms.

Is Jonathan Vilma not a former player?... HE said it lol. He hit the head on the nail when he said that statement as well

Advertisement
Is Jonathan Vilma not a former player?... HE said it lol. He hit the head on the nail when he said that statement as well

Yes. I am aware he said that. I think what he says applies to a large number of kids, but not all.

You think Braxton Berrios would have been swayed by a waterslide? Has recruiting really changed all that much since he was recruited?

Yes. I am aware he said that. I think what he says applies to a large number of kids, but not all.

You think Braxton Berrios would have been swayed by a waterslide? Has recruiting really changed all that much since he was recruited?
Was Braxton berrios An elite recruit? More importantly was he a south Florida recruit? Completely different mindsets

People aren't realizing the bigger picture. There are levels to this. Of course winning and bags are the biggest ones. Of course spending extra money on top tier coaches and large amounts of analysts is number 2, but at the end of the day you can only spend so much money on analysts, coaches and bags. The extra money going towards facilities, gear, etc. are going to help bring in recruits too. So yes Bags >purple locker room, but 28million dollar purple locker room > a 10 million dollar locker room.

Was Braxton berrios An elite recruit? More importantly was he a south Florida recruit? Completely different mindsets

Elite? 4 star Top 300 player. #39 WR overall. Set Nike SPARQ shuttle record. He's exactly the type of player Jimmy Johnson was talking about. Fast and smart. Under the radar but elite skillset (shuttle is the best metric for success). Tough as nails with real football speed.

Agreed that by and large kids from SFl have no loyalty. I have no problem with Manny going OOS and just looking for the hidden gems in SFL. Manny is a sabermetrics guy. I trust the stats. I have a feeling he'll find underrated SFl talent like Butch did.

Advertisement
Elite? 4 star Top 300 player. #39 WR overall. Set Nike SPARQ shuttle record. He's exactly the type of player Jimmy Johnson was talking about. Fast and smart. Under the radar but elite skillset (shuttle is the best metric for success). Tough as nails with real football speed.
Berrios was an elite athlete for sure but he wasn’t an elite recruit such as a mid to high 4/5 star and he certainly didn’t have the mindset many of the guys we primarily recruit in terms of south Florida athletes.

People aren't realizing the bigger picture. There are levels to this. Of course winning and bags are the biggest ones. Of course spending extra money on top tier coaches and large amounts of analysts is number 2, but at the end of the day you can only spend so much money on analysts, coaches and bags. The extra money going towards facilities, gear, etc. are going to help bring in recruits too. So yes Bags >purple locker room, but 28million dollar purple locker room > a 10 million dollar locker room.

I know you understand the law of diminishing returns as well as the fact that Miami will NEVER have that type of setup when we can’t even keep up with the number of analysts these other schools have.

Again, with limited funds you have to prioritize.

I know you understand the law of diminishing returns as well as the fact that Miami will NEVER have that type of setup when we can’t even keep up with the number of analysts these other schools have.

Again, with limited funds you have to prioritize.

100% I agree with your point entirely.

When it comes to Miami we would be fools to drop tons of money on things like this when we could be spending money on analysts/coaches.

I was just arguing with the other guy who was basically saying its irrelevant and LSU is just a waste of money.

For us to do it, it would be foolish, but for a team like LSU or Bama who are already spending enough money on the other things and just have money for football laying around. This is a good investment.

Advertisement
  1. Big heavy bags
That's it. Baton Rouge is a septic tank, and the academics at LSU are sh*t. And they don't offer the intangibles like strong, tight-knit football family alumni. So splashy sh*t like a $15 million locker room (i'm just wildly guessing at the cost) is essential for them.

All that said, do we need to beautify our locker room - sure! But we don't need to go crazy with it like they've done simply because we've got other attractive selling points. We won't be able to match them with #1 and #3 above, but if we can turn the corner hopefully under Manny soon, we'll have #2 and #4 above.

And in addition, we bring to the table (which LSU can't touch):
  1. Amazing campus. I honestly can't think of more than 5 campuses nationwide that can compete with UM's campus setting.
  2. World-class city. Friday night during the off season, Miami or Baton Rouge?
  3. Tight-knit football alumni
  4. Strong academics and a nationally-respected degree
So yeah, upgrade the locker room a bit, but put the rest of that money to much better use.

Agreed. I’m not advocating us putting in a $64 million locker room with however many square feet. But a lot less we could update the locker room and perhaps even build a better “shrine” to our former players and NFL greats.

I don't understand what are arguing. Miami has been putting money into the program as of late. Our **** isn't looking like Clemson, Bama.and others but we are far from what we used to be in terms of facilities.

Ive heard a lot about these sleeping pods, so I finally decided to checkout this thread. Is it just me, or do these pods look extremely small, and terribly uncomfortable to take a nap in. And the fact that LSU spent 28 million on this when it looks like it should have been less then 2 million is hilarious.

1. Big heavy bags
Double that lol

Advertisement
Back