LSU New Locker Rooms

LSU are even more broke than Miami, they are in deep debt. Miami just paid 40 million dollars for their IPF which is more than any program in the country outside of northwestern. You don’t even need 8 figure lockeroom renovation to look impressive. Uf’s recent lockeroom renovation was only 1.5 million and it looked like a complete overhaul
Where is it documented that LSU is in deep debt? I find that hard to believe. Maybe the state of Louisiana is, but that football program is a well oiled money machine.

I'm not saying Miami shouldn't upgrade its facilities, the new IPF and dorms are a testament to doing just that. I'm saying that ****ing away $28M on a locker room - or anything remotely close to that figure - is ridiculous. And what we need to do is stop complaining about bags and the lack of state funds these SEC schools get, and instead utilize our advantages. At the end of the day, we're in Miami and they're in Tuscaloosa/Athens/Gainesville/Baton Rouge. I'd exploit the **** out of that.

Advertisement
Where is it documented that LSU is in deep debt? I find that hard to believe. Maybe the state of Louisiana is, but that football program is a well oiled money machine.

I'm not saying Miami shouldn't upgrade its facilities, the new IPF and dorms are a testament to doing just that. I'm saying that ****ing away $28M on a locker room - or anything remotely close to that figure - is ridiculous. And what we need to do is stop complaining about bags and the lack of state funds these SEC schools get, and instead utilize our advantages. At the end of the day, we're in Miami and they're in Tuscaloosa/Athens/Gainesville/Baton Rouge. I'd exploit the **** out of that.
they didn't just only update a locker room for 28 million. They updated their entire facility for a complete make over in addition to adding a new dining facility(bama spent 15 million on that alone just last year) and 25000 more square feet on the facility.

they didn't just only update a locker room for 28 million. They updated their entire facility for a complete make over in addition to adding a new dining facility(bama spent 15 million on that alone just last year) and 25000 more square feet on the facility.

That article is 3.5 years old and is about the state of Louisiana, not the football team. The article is largely based on the governor's desire to get taxes increased so he used scare tactics in relation to the football team to get people's attention. LSU football is flush with cash, $28M spent on whatever they spent it on is proof.

The bottom line is that any of these schools spend money to get a competitive advantage. Being in Coral Gables, we have natural competitive advantages we can use that these SEC schools will never have. I sometimes question if we use them enough.

Miami needs to play continue playing this game like we are finally doing. If we do we will win bigger and consistently

Nice bonus for you guys this year though.

It was actually one of the biggest pain in the *** jobs I’ve ever been associated with.The dorms and the locker room.
They had so many different type tiles that we couldn’t get anything finished.We’d get one wall and a floor for this room,a couple walls no floor for the next room etc etc it was a fcking mess.
Plus the GC on the job was stone cold asses.....we’ve done our last work with them.

I’ve got plenty of work.Wish I’d of never gotten involved with the dorms or the locker room.But we’re done now the hard part...trying to get paid.

Advertisement
LSU is even more broke than Miami, they are in deep debt. Miami just paid 40 million dollars for their IPF which is more than any program in the country outside of northwestern. You don’t even need 8 figure lockeroom renovation to look impressive. Uf’s recent lockeroom renovation was only 1.5 million and it looked like a complete overhaul

LSU the football program is NOT broke..TAF has more money than they know what to do with.LSU the SCHOOL is in bad shape.They have laid off teachers and staff the last couple of years.
The school being in such bad shape is why Jimbo isn’t the coach right now.If TAF had tried ( well they did try) to pay Jimbo’s buyout AND write that big contract legislators threatened to pull state funding from the school cause they’d just laid off about 100 people.

The state of LA is in bad shape since this Governor took office.He’s lost jobs,lost citizens and raised taxes through the roof.

TAF is L O A D E D !!!!!! No such problem.

That article is 3.5 years old and is about the state of Louisiana, not the football team.

OK, but I've been reminding people what the U in LSU stands for, but the S is also quite important. If the University has to shut down for governmental or revenue reasons, the football program seases. It's laughable that their library is in disarray and they can't survive without contributions from the government while forking out 100s of millions of dollars for pretty locker rooms and inflated coaching salaries and Les Miles' buyout.

OK, but I've been reminding people what the U in LSU stands for, but the S is also quite important. If the University has to shut down for governmental or revenue reasons, the football program seases. It's laughable that their library is in disarray and they can't survive without contributions from the government while forking out 100s of millions of dollars for pretty locker rooms and inflated coaching salaries and Les Miles' buyout.
It is laughable, but that football program of theirs is not going anywhere. It is what it is. LSU is like a rundown house in a bad neighborhood with a brand new S class Mercedes sitting in the driveway representing its football team.

Advertisement
Back