LSU going in-home with Valentine tonight

Remember tht Valentine's dad and Hurlie are pretty close, and I think his mother wants him to go to Miami also.

I think this I about having the backup option if the grades aren't there.

Oh and he's planning to workout with Chad Thomas after the season.

Advertisement
Remember tht Valentine's dad and Hurlie are pretty close, and I think his mother wants him to go to Miami also.

I think this I about having the backup option if the grades aren't there.

Oh and he's planning to workout with Chad Thomas after the season.

Jimmys Derustled

Must do everything possible to keep him. We ain't never gonna overcome coaching deficiencies unless we have elite talent.

LSU Chasing Canes for UM Commit
-Valentine is planning 3 visits in January: Alabama, LSU and Miami
-LSU is closest to Miami right now. "That's because LSU has no defensive tackles committed, and right there that looks like opportunity," Valentine said.
-Considers himself a solid commitment but at the same time says "the decision is hard."
-Of Alabama: "Alabama - they're all about business. That school's not all about fun and games."
-Of UM, Valentine says "It feels like a home environment. Everything feels great. Coach (Jethro) Franklin, coach (Al) Golden, everything about the U feels like home."
-Keeps in regular contact with coaches at UM
-Valentine says given UM's struggles up front in games this year that "I think I can help. I'll go in the weight room, be physical at practice and we'd figure out the situation during the season (if he'd start or come off the bench)."
-Thoughts on the season: "They had a pretty good year, are doing fine," he said. "Other than not playing in the ACC championship game you can see they're a step closer. Next year should be a pretty good year. They're probably going to end up in a good bowl game, so they're alright, just need a few more people to complete that team.

Link: http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1583584

////

Jimmies=mildly rustled

Advertisement
i think he stays home at the end alot of people call him a mommas boy like pete said i sure as **** hope he sticks , kid could be the most important recruit in this class

Advertisement
If Golden loses Valentine then Uncle Jethro and Corch D'Noforio should both get the axe

I'm tired of seeing us miss if every 4-5* DT

If Valentine is 17 I'm a mongoose.

He's 19 and thats why i said he's physically ready to start and play day 1 here. He will be 20 during the season next year...
Joey Bosa, Eddie Vanderdoes, and Leonard Williams all played DT as True Freshman at OSU, UCLA, and USC...I think Valentine could started for us next yr. him and Moten. The times are a changin' kids are more ready, their bodies are more developed

116.jpg

John Salley looks a lot taller on tv.

Thanks. That's a few years old so I wonder who he was pimping then?

Advertisement
This is why LSU is always in or near the top 10 competing for titles. They sniff out elite talents on the DL and reel them in. They know those are the positions that make the biggest difference on a defense and they go out of ther way to sign em ($$$). They are ALWAYS loaded on that side.

Losing Valentine would be gigantic. Besides the obvious fact that he's at a huge position of need and is a 5 star talent we'd be missing, it completely resets any progress we have made at DT for the next 2-3 years. Next year and the year after we would AGAIN be *forced* to sell our souls and pray for JUCO DTs who only stay here 1 year or 2 and don't get to develop in our program for 4 or 5 years. It's like a MLB team with a limited budget whose farm system sucks and they have to fill every vacancy with ridiculous free agent money - you do not ever get ahead operating this way.

I love Kaaya and I love Cook and I love Chad Thomas but keeping Valentine, IMO, is the single #1 biggest priority of this entire recruiting season. He's a direction changer for the most important position in our defense. You strike out three years in a row at the most important position in a 3-4 defense, you cannot expect to win football games against upper tier opponents. He's that critical.

Advertisement
Losing Valentine would be gigantic. Besides the obvious fact that he's at a huge position of need and is a 5 star talent we'd be missing, it completely resets any progress we have made at DT for the next 2-3 years. Next year and the year after we would AGAIN be *forced* to sell our souls and pray for JUCO DTs who only stay here 1 year or 2 and don't get to develop in our program for 4 or 5 years. It's like a MLB team with a limited budget whose farm system sucks and they have to fill every vacancy with ridiculous free agent money - you do not ever get ahead operating this way.

I love Kaaya and I love Cook and I love Chad Thomas but keeping Valentine, IMO, is the single #1 biggest priority of this entire recruiting season. He's a direction changer for the most important position in our defense. You strike out three years in a row at the most important position in a 3-4 defense, you cannot expect to win football games against upper tier opponents. He's that critical.

I agree. We bring in him with Moton and Jenkins, you have a nice future (2015/6) in the making. Look at the difference at the OL, studs are coming in every year. Constant reloading.

The game is won and lost on the line.

Like Ive been telling you guys, this is one I am going to be sweating until the VERY end. ESPECIALLY with L$U involved. L$U always find$ a way to get who they want, never turn your back on L$U.

Fingers crossed.

Remember earlier this year when Jon Drummond said Miami wasn't getting any of his kids? Anytime a recruited/committed player has contact with Drummond of any kind, the probability for phuckery skyrockets.

Maybe that guy who has family on the Champagnat staff can weigh in here.

Advertisement
Back