LSU Firepower

Interesting YPP is slated that much more in our favor. That’s telling if their defense was ranked #12 last season versus us at #38. As long as Diaz doesn’t dial up 15,000 blitzes I think we can contain their rushing attack and force the game into Burrows hands. In that event I like Rosier who has big game experience. There’s an awful lot of frosh that will have to play pivotal roles for LSU this year, especially on offense. That’s not a good recipe given this is the 1st game of the season and will have all eyes on it nationally. I think no one is discussing that piece.

I agree, but I'd rather have super-talented younger players rather than jr's and seniors with less talent and more experience.

Advertisement
Yeah I have to laugh. LSU was #12 last year and many fans think they are better this year and you think Miami is better. Come on man. I know this is a Miami fan site, but you have to be more objective than that.

If we’re being truely objective and take the middle quartile of games for each team Miami’s defense is objectively better in almost every category.

Yalls D is that much better than ours huh?

No not the defense but the offense is that much better. I do believe we are better in every category on defense as well though, but even if it's a push at some point your D is going to get tired of all the turnovers and 3 and outs.... then the blowout begins. lol

No not the defense but the offense is that much better. I do believe we are better in every category on defense as well though, but even if it's a push at some point your D is going to get tired of all the turnovers and 3 and outs.... then the blowout begins. lol
You're O line has problems like ours, you're qb is bi polar, and you're wide receivers are not as tall and are smaller than ours. You do have the edge on running backs and experience but this can go either way. I will stick with a blowout not happening

You're O line has problems like ours, you're qb is bi polar, and you're wide receivers are not as tall and are smaller than ours. You do have the edge on running backs and experience but this can go either way. I will stick with a blowout not happening

Huh? Njoku 6'6, Cager 6'5, Langham 6'4, Hightower 6'3, Ezzards 6'2, Richards 6'1...

Advertisement
Wrs dont cover each other. They get covered by DBs. I like Miamis edge in the secondary against LSU's WRs. Also, as said this miami offense is loaded, something we haven't had in a long time. I think we get back to the days of the 2:30 scoring drives

Wrs dont cover each other. They get covered by DBs. I like Miamis edge in the secondary against LSU's WRs. Also, as said this miami offense is loaded, something we haven't had in a long time. I think we get back to the days of the 2:30 scoring drives

That is recipe for disaster against a team like LSU. The way to beat them is to wear them out and either quick scoring strikes or 3 and outs will spell doom.

That is recipe for disaster against a team like LSU. The way to beat them is to wear them out and either quick scoring strikes or 3 and outs will spell doom.

I dont think so. Partly bc your offense is anemic at best. If we are scoring quickly, who cares if the defense isn't tired. That means they just cant stop us when they arent tired, right? I dont think anyone is expecting LSU to break 24 points. If this []_[] cant find 4 TDs I will be surprised.

Advertisement
I agree, but I'd rather have super-talented younger players rather than jr's and seniors with less talent and more experience.
Our upperclassmen aren’t scrubs mate, they’re seasoned veterans who’ve put time into Richt’s system and now it’s their time to shine. I have no doubt that your young players are talented. But I feel their inexperience in big games, bright lights of a nationally televised game, and just overall nerves are going to get to them. Burrows in particular especially after he gets a whiff of the speed we possess on the DL. Our secondary aren’t Spring chickens either - Burrows better be ready to throw into some very tight windows or we will house it back the other way. Malik has been in the big game before and has a calming effect on the offense, and the team in general. I think it’s for those reasons we win the game, pulling away in the 4th quarter. In no way am I thinking it’s going to be a blowout. But I can see Richt calling up rush after rush in the 4th and just dog tiring LSU’s defense into the ground.

Malik will have a calming effect until he wants to beat the crap out of the tackles for giving up hits over and over again. You better believe Aranda is going to bring a lot of pressure just like Miami will. I don't think either team is going to sniff 20 points.

Malik will have a calming effect until he wants to beat the crap out of the tackles for giving up hits over and over again. You better believe Aranda is going to bring a lot of pressure just like Miami will. I don't think either team is going to sniff 20 points.
Dude if LSU doesn’t score 20 you’re gonna lose by two TDs.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The way to beat them is to score more than twice. It’s game over for a Coach O offense after that

If Aranda decides to blitz Rosier he’s either going to see Malik take off for 20yds on a scramble or JT and Ahmmon over the top. Greedy maybe good - but he can’t cover two top flight receivers at once. Oh, and who’s going to cover Jordan and Mallory?

LSU will be able to contain Malik if he decides to scramble which only means we had good coverage on the recievers. Ask any LSU fan, we aren't worried about our DB's. They are all 4-5 stars.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back