LSU fans sound pretty confident...

Solid argument.

I also get tired of people pointing out that Richards wasn't playing late last year. He didn't play a lot last year and many of the games he got in for, it was temporary. Our coaches knew what they may or may not get out of him and their collective salaries say they should've planned appropriately.

We used to make fun of teams fans when they would list someone unavailable for our game. Now, a lot of you, have become those same fans we used to mock.

No argument needed. You think Miami and LSU both have “question marks” at coach. Lmfao. Neither Richt nor O are question marks. Everyone knows exactly what they are. Richt is a top 10 coach, Oregeron is a disaster.

You’re another dork who loves to read his own posts.

Advertisement
I have to say this is strange... I can’t find a single person who thinks LSU will do something next year, I can find several experts who think we are/ close to top ten but we should be afraid of LSU?

Of course. You’re posting on a board with a bunch of nerds who think they are auditioning to be the most “objective fan.”

We also lost to a less-talented Pitt team. What's your point?

They are known to be a physical team. How have we've performed against physical teams recently? Not to mention they will most likely be the most talented team on our schedule outside of FSU and Clemson in the ACCCG.

If you think a Post thanksgiving Friday noon game at Pitt has anything to do with the LSU game, can’t help ya.

We’ve performed fine against “physical” teams. We outrushed Wisconsin by a big margin—they beat us through the air. And they were actually a good team. LSU is not. We annihilated ND. But be very scared of “physical” LSU!!

Yeah cause that's why.
It definitely played a factor in Wisconsin extended drives that should have been stopped. I implore You to watch that film again and see the lopsided officiating in that game

Last edited:
Advertisement
It defintiely played a factor in Wisconsin extended drives that should have been stopped. I implore You to watch that film again and see the lopsided officiating in that game

Man, we allowed plenty of plays on our own. As usual, the middle of our defense was Swiss cheese. They attacked/exposed our LB's and Safeties all night.

I've watched that game many times. There were some bad (no) calls but not enough to validate their QB and WR having a career day.

Man, we allowed plenty of plays on our own. As usual, the middle of our defense was Swiss cheese. They attacked/exposed our LB's and Safeties all night.

I've watched that game many times. There were some bad (no) calls but not enough to validate their QB and WR having a career day.
Attributing factors, like I said. I hate To blame refs but they absolutely played a factor in that game. I do know it defintiely wasn’t our best game but a lot of things just didn’t go our way(malik playing ****** too)

Just a thought, but perhaps some of those slow developing routes over the middle would have never developed had their o-line not been allowed to basically break the rules all night.

Saying our LBs and Safeties were "exposed" when the QB regularly had 5 and 6 seconds to throw the ball is just flat out being overly critical of one aspect of the defensive play while at the same time completely ignoring another equally important one.

Advertisement
Flanker screen is one of my favorite back breaker plays alone with I think (guess) TE screen over the middle same type a Jeremy Shockey special.

LB 's an CB / DB get caught rotating to catch up once it unfolds usually to late.

GOCANES

They were confident about the levees holding in Nawlins too.

shocked-face-gif-13.gif

Just a thought, but perhaps some of those slow developing routes over the middle would have never developed had their o-line not been allowed to basically break the rules all night.

Saying our LBs and Safeties were "exposed" when the QB regularly had 5 and 6 seconds to throw the ball is just flat out being overly critical of one aspect of the defensive play while at the same time completely ignoring another equally important one.

Our defense was mostly successful because of the big play abilities they had. One of which was being elite at getting to the QB. If that is completely negated then our D was susceptible, as many D’s are when the QB has time to throw. Also when WR’s can push off that also generally leads to a poor defensive performance. But Corch macho has watched the game a few times I’m sure he’s aware.

Malik should play well and the defense should play fast based on experience coming back. We already know what []__[] can do with a poor offensive line, streaky QB, and limited depth at offensive skill positions; which was good enough to compete at a fairly high level last season.

What makes you say this? What evidence do you have that would lead any sane person to believe this? Dozier rarely plays well even when our OL has decent games. Our OL is going to be under siege all game long.

When you start off this this statement everything else you say has to be questioned.

#AnyoneButRosier

(didn't mean to come across as assholio but I was shocked to read that sentence.)

Last edited:
Advertisement
What makes you say this? What evidence do you have that would lead any sane person to believe this? Dozier rarely plays well even when our OL has decent games. Our OL is going to be under siege all game long.

When you start off this this statement everything else you say has to be questioned.

#AnyoneButRosier

nah...

hyperbole aside--I agree it's a leap I probably shouldn't make but, that said, everything coming from CMR points to Malik's experience as being a significant deciding factor in his decision-making. If someone else beats him out (hopefully JW) then great, but if we can have an uptempo Malik with improved offensive line play and the RB/WR/TE depth we've developed, I think it's enough to beat LSU.

I can't imagine our O-line guys are going to practice against our D-line all offseason and then get straight bodied by LSU, or anyone else for that matter. Also keep in mind everyone (Malik included) got better this offseason due to conditioning, familiarity, lessons learned from last season and position depth. So I expect a more focused Malik and better offensive product no matter who's under center.

nah...

h

I can't imagine our O-line guys are going to practice against our D-line all offseason and then get straight bodied by LSU, or anyone else for that matter. Also keep in mind everyone (Malik included) got better this offseason due to conditioning, familiarity, lessons learned from last season and position depth. So I expect a more focused Malik and better offensive product no matter who's under center.

Although that's exactly what we saw last season after our OL went up against one of the best DL's in the nation at practice everyday.

Advertisement
Man, it’s such a weird feeling that after we beat LSU I’ll want to rub it in our own “fans” noses more than LSU’s fans.

Although that's exactly what we saw last season after our OL went up against one of the best DL's in the nation at practice everyday.

you're preaching to the choir..

I agree they sucked, but we're transitioning from Al Golden to a Mark Richt style of play; which entails changes in coaching, personnel, blocking concepts, mentality, verbiage, nutrition and S&C. We've overhauled the offensive unit that traditionally takes the longest to develop, so it will take time to see those results.

That said, this is year 3 and I expect the unit to play better based on familiarity with all of the above. It's defeatist to believe these young men are hopelessly limited and can't be developed from one year to the next, but I sense your pessimism functions to temper your own expectations.

i think we will win but it will be a tight. whole season comes down to O Line and can they control LOS
we'll see soon. Talented O players can not produce if you can not handle tigers upfront.
Arnada the DC from Whisky will look at tapes of Orange Bowl as a primer.....

you're preaching to the choir..

I agree they sucked, but we're transitioning from Al Golden to a Mark Richt style of play; which entails changes in coaching, personnel, blocking concepts, mentality, verbiage, nutrition and S&C. We've overhauled the offensive unit that traditionally takes the longest to develop, so it will take time to see those results.

That said, this is year 3 and I expect the unit to play better based on familiarity with all of the above. It's defeatist to believe these young men are hopelessly limited and can't be developed from one year to the next, but I sense your pessimism functions to temper your own expectations.

Possibly. I think my pessimism stems from the last 4 games of last season. Where our kids should have shown growth but didn't.

Advertisement
Back