LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

It seems they don’t think too much of Miami’s offense or it’s weapons on that side of the ball. Some think their offense will do work against our defense with a bunch of inexperienced players
I wouldnt say that, i know yall got play makers at the skill set positions, however i do know we have a good secondary and a strong d line, it is going to make for a fun matchup

Advertisement
It seems they don’t think too much of Miami’s offense or it’s weapons on that side of the ball. Some think their offense will do work against our defense with a bunch of inexperienced players

It’s pretty funny considering they have maybe like 3 players who would start for us on offense.

This is a defense that got torn up by Ian Book.

No indeed
Ruth Chris
Does eat place
Sullivans
There are a few

I gotta ask this question and I'm shocked nobody has yet...What the F really happened with Travonte Valentine? Was he a big time talent who just couldn't get his **** together off the field or was he a little overrated coming out of HS and wasn't worth trouble? This board was sick when he decommitted and went to LSU. You couldn't tell me he wasn't going to be an AA and first round pick..

Advertisement
I can’t name a single player on their offense besides their savior transfer QB who TigerDroppings compared to Peyton Manning.

Not defending the LSU guy but I think most of them have already admitted that they aren't expecting their O to all of a sudden turn into OUs from last year on Sept 2nd and march up and down the field... They are sorely relying on their D here.

Which isn't anything knew at LSU since they have been doing that for the last 7-8 years and it sometimes works (2011 team that went 13-1) and other times it doesn't (last year).

They didn’t hold a single P5 team with a winning record under 10 points last year, but Miami won’t score. Right.

I can’t name a single player on their offense besides their savior transfer QB who TigerDroppings compared to Peyton Manning.

Yep. They make fun of Rosier. Rosier is more productive than any QB they’ve had since Russell.

I gotta ask this question and I'm shocked nobody has yet...What the F really happened with Travonte Valentine? Was he a big time talent who just couldn't get his **** together off the field or was he a little overrated coming out of HS and wasn't worth trouble? This board was sick when he decommitted and went to LSU. You couldn't tell me he wasn't going to be an AA and first round pick..
Big time talent who was a complete **** up

Not defending the LSU guy but I think most of them have already admitted that they aren't expecting their O to all of a sudden turn into OUs from last year on Sept 2nd and march up and down the field... They are sorely relying on their D here.

Which isn't anything knew at LSU since they have been doing that for the last 7-8 years and it sometimes works (2011 team that went 13-1) and other times it doesn't (last year).
Go read TigerDroppings because that is certainly not the narrative on there for the past few weeks

Advertisement
I am not understanding where people are getting all of this game footage. Even LSU fans on their site are saying the only footage out there is him in mop up duty in blowouts and OSU Spring game footage where it was a controlled environment. (no fancy blitzes, knows hes not gonna get hit, etc).

I still question why he would leave OSU if he had a confidence in his skills to win the job. The job should have been his for the taking. He was there for 3 years! I'm not buying the "he wanted a guarantee from Urban that he would be given the job" BS. He doesn't have a guarantee at LSU right now. Hes competing with 3 other guys.

Nobody said he was a **** QB (well, OSU fans are saying it from the ones I spoke to) but LSU is going to a 4 WR set offense..the question is can he run it with the skillset he has? We will see. And furthermore, this is all predicated on the fact that he actually wins the job.

Agreed. Urban said he was #2, and he transferred. No one waits that long and then leaves if they're tied.

I am a "Rosier supporter" so let me answer this before the rioters get in here and make it seem like we are trotting out some guy who cant complete a forward pass.

Rosier is bipolar. Good days and bad days. There was the 10-0 guy that was the King of Miami for 3 months and was the talk of the town and there is the 0-3 guy who people want to throw away and take there chances with a Tr-Fr QB just for $hits sake.

Reality is, last year was his first year as a starter. He more then exceeded preseason expectations. He is the only one who can lose us this game. Its not a shot at LSU but that's just what it is and that's why fans are nervous about him. He is a gamer. We are hoping for improvement but we actually don't have the luxury like your team does re if he sucks we pull him for the backup. Our backups are talented but would be a deer in headlights. If Burrow looks like ****, I am sure Coach O will not hesistate to yank him for McMillan before things get out of hand. We don't have that luxury.

this is exactly it. the outcome is on him completely. we have too much talent everywhere else for LSU to really do anything. if he is on fire you're not stopping us, plain and simple.

Can somebody answer all this "they got players that we didnt want and that wouldnt step on the field with us" when LSU has more 5 stars and just as many if not more 4 stars... The narrative yall put out seems as if yall think LSU has no talent which was never the problem outside of QB play

Again i am not dising UM at all just wondering from others comments

Advertisement
Agreed. Urban said he was #2, and he transferred. No one waits that long and then leaves if they're tied.
Yea idk man, he definitely dodged a bullet with the urban stuff though

I have talked to many OSU fans that thought he should have been the starter as well so there is no telling

They didn’t hold a single P5 team with a winning record under 10 points last year, but Miami won’t score. Right.

Yep. They make fun of Rosier. Rosier is more productive than any QB they’ve had since Russell.
Wrong. Mettenberger was a really good college qb who played in the NFL. As far as LSU’s oline, I’d take them any day over Miami’s.

Yea you can never count out Miami skill positions I think that’s the X factor for us .. I think if rosier struggles but will manage to find a home run look for either Ahmmon or Jeff Thomas

Advertisement
Wrong. When he met with Urban, Urban didn't flat out tell him you are the starter and Burrow wanted assurance. Then he sat down with his family and ultimately decided the best thing to do was transfer to a university he felt he could start right away. Just because you aren't awarded the starting job at OSU, doesn't mean he couldn't start at many other universities. Look at the qb's Urban has produced in the last 5 years alone.
I would be very skeptical of a guy who transferred out because he is scared of competition. If what you say is true and he left because he was not assured he is the starter it's not a guy I'd want in the QB room. BTW. There have only been 2 starting QB's in the last 5 years for OSU and Urban has not had to develop them much. He just took great athletes out of H.S. programs running the same offense he uses at OSU.

Word to the wise: Don't compliment anything OSU or Urban Meyer on this board or it won't end well for you.

***** Urban. So I was looking at your oline rankings and players do develop, but i like our front seven putting a lot of pressure on Miami. St Louis 4star
Jones 3 star
Gauthier 3 star
Mahoney 3 star
Donaldson 4star.

Advertisement
Back