Rumor Lots of Smoke at Auburn (about Harsin)..... (think they’d come after) Steele(?)

Certainly smears the optic of the situation.

Also, you don't need a policy reminding people of their "requirement" to cooperate. Auburn is a public University and covered by public employee practices found within Alabama's state code.

This is kinda getting weird now.

Pearl didn’t cooperate when they had the Men’s basketball investigation a few years back when they didn’t have the policy

Looking forward to when it will backfire on them in the next few years.

Advertisement
This is the most bizarre episode in college football I’ve seen may be in the last 20 years. Can anybody tell me anything that matches this that’s happened in the last couple of decades or so?

I don’t know, maybe the whole Johnny Manziel charging for autographs deal, which the NCAA eventually ended up sweeping the dirt under the rug. But no that’s not even close.

There’s been a few other weird things that have happened, but this one is bizarre. You’ve got ***, lying, cheating, a couple hot babes. It feels like a whole TMZ type deal.
It is bizarre, but not surprising given it's Auburn. There was a very bizarre thing that happened at Auburn about 8 years ago. HBO recently covered it in a chapter of a docuseries.

It is bizarre, but not surprising given it's Auburn. There was a very bizarre thing that happened at Auburn about 8 years ago. HBO recently covered it in a chapter of a docuseries.

I’m going to be honest, off the top of my head I don’t remember that, but if I Google I’m sure it’ll ring a bell

Advertisement
I’m going to be honest, off the top of my head I don’t remember that, but if I Google I’m sure it’ll ring a bell
Basically a kid from San Jose went to Auburn and told everyone he was one of the first employees of Google and sold out and was a billionaire. Auburn brass was so impressed that someone from Silicon Valley would relocate to Auburn they rolled out the red carpet for him. They put him on some of the boards, made him a consultant and honorary instructor and was paying him a huge salary to do absolutely nothing but say "Auburn is hip". He started an incubator where the Auburn brass invested. He ended up only being charged with taking $2 million from them but he took a lot more. He was telling these kids and Auburn brass that their ideas were being negotiated. People thought their ideas were being fought over for tens of millions of dollars. One was a vending machine at Six Flags that he said was going to go for $70 million. During all of this, all this kid did was party in Vegas and blew through millions. No one's idea was bought by anyone.

Auburn never did a background check. Never. Google. Turns out his only previous job was scooping ice cream in Palo Alto.

He left town and tried to do it again in College Station and finally got busted.

brief_2019-02-27T022448.914Z-1.jpg

r_2015-06-03.JPG

I still can't get past the Clesi girl. I mean if that wasn't a set up I don't know what was. Somebody said it either in this thread or another, a girl named Clesi is around to give under the desk blowies. If he was tapping that, just more proof that vag rules the world.

Basically a kid from San Jose went to Auburn and told everyone he was one of the first employees of Google and sold out and was a billionaire. Auburn brass was so impressed that someone from Silicon Valley would relocate to Auburn they rolled out the red carpet for him. They put him on some of the boards, made him a consultant and honorary instructor and was paying him a huge salary to do absolutely nothing but say "Auburn is hip". He started an incubator where the Auburn brass invested. He ended up only being charged with taking $2 million from them but he took a lot more. He was telling these kids and Auburn brass that their ideas were being negotiated. People thought their ideas were being fought over for tens of millions of dollars. One was a vending machine at Six Flags that he said was going to go for $70 million. During all of this, all this kid did was party in Vegas and blew through millions. No one's idea was bought by anyone.

Auburn never did a background check. Never. Google. Turns out his only previous job was scooping ice cream in Palo Alto.

He left town and tried to do it again in College Station and finally got busted.

Background check? All they had to do was look at the kid to know he never started up anything in his life. Wow.

Harsin isn't fired yet? I thought he was fired last week. Camp starts in about 4 weeks. They better step up their investigation of the investigation. Every Auburn coach ends with a character assassination going back to Terry Bowden.
You know, you have a point there.

Advertisement
Seems like they're stuck with him because they're too cheap to pay the full buyout.

Good luck getting assistant coaches for a lame duck coach.

Seems like they're stuck with him because they're too cheap to pay the full buyout.

Good luck getting assistant coaches for a lame duck coach.
He has said publicly that he couldn't get salary and contract clarity from Auburn Admin to make hires for replacement coaches. That was before all this went down.

Advertisement

r_2015-06-03.JPG
They got finessed by a dude who looks like he has Downs syndrome. 🤣

Advertisement
This is creeping into my top 3 most ridiculous stories. Right up there with the Tennessee Twitter Revolution and Manti Te’o’s fake dead girlfriend, the undisputed champion.

Advertisement
Back