Rumor Lots of Smoke at Auburn (about Harsin)..... (think they’d come after) Steele(?)

Advertisement
SMH Should be interesting..... Auburn REALLY trying to fire Harsin with cause....

Certainly smears the optic of the situation.

Also, you don't need a policy reminding people of their "requirement" to cooperate. Auburn is a public University and covered by public employee practices found within Alabama's state code.

This is kinda getting weird now.

I stumbled on an Auburn twitter space a few minutes ago. A couple of their fan site writers are on it and all kinds of media and players.... hundreds of people....

Talk on there is Harsin has been set up to take the proverbial "perp walk" tomorrow. The SEC meetings are scheduled to start tomorrow at 10 am in Birmingham. There will be hordes of media there waiting.... No one knows what is going on right now - if Harsin will show for the meetings, if he won't, etc. Discussing the "policy" that was just published yesterday...

The Auburn writers are talking about whether this "policy" existed when Bruce Pearl, the bball coach was under investigation or whether it was non active, etc. What a mess....... Seems like they are trying to force Harsin and his attorney to negotiate a lesser buyout. One of the media is saying he has a source that told him Harsin was already offered some number that he turned down... He is holding out for the full $$$....

I don't know what P5 coach in their right mind would take that job after this..... Just WOW

EDIT: Someone just said they were told that Harsin has said he will be at the SEC meeting tomorrow...
Watch Harsin walk the red carpet at SEC meetings, rip off his breakway pants, and start going full Chippendales with "Clesi" emblazoned on the aşş.

Advertisement
I don’t think that there is anyway for this saga to avoid ending up in a courtroom. This is crazy, but par for the course at AwBurn. I remember them trying to hire Petrino …. while still having a coach employed. Big mess. You can’t spell WHAT THE FUCC, without the A and the U.

Advertisement
What a dumpster fire, that's a lot of buyout money if they do end of firing this guy. Then likely having to pay buyouts for the new staff, insane misuse of money. The smart play would have been keeping Malzahn and using that booster money for NIL instead of buyouts, there gonna need it to compete with UGA, Bammer, and ATM for recruits. Interesting situation there, bet he's wishing they didn't corch up that 4th Q in the Iron Bowl.

Guess he was about to get fired at Arkansas St. and did the same thing to their Admin. Avoided them but luckily for both Boise St. hired him. Now Auburn fans wondering if Allen Greene did any due diligence before hiring Harsin or if he just remembered talking to him one night in some pool.

Advertisement
Guess he was about to get fired at Arkansas St. and did the same thing to their Admin. Avoided them but luckily for both Boise St. hired him. Now Auburn fans wondering if Allen Greene did any due diligence before hiring Harsin or if he just remembered talking to him one night in some pool.
Didn't George costanza try this technique with a girl who wanted to break up with him? they need to get Kramer to meet up with Harsin and fire him.

A few guys on the Auburn board expect that Harsin is just going to stay and Auburn .. so far with their investigation .. has not found any justification for firing with cause. Ms. Crochet is skiing in Colorado and that entire "scenario" appears to have been a smear campaign.

A few guys on the Auburn board expect that Harsin is just going to stay and Auburn .. so far with their investigation .. has not found any justification for firing with cause. Ms. Crochet is skiing in Colorado and that entire "scenario" appears to have been a smear campaign.
I was listening to some of them on a twitter space the day after this news broke and there were quite a few intelligent level headed speakers suggesting this was a smear campaign. I am sure they know their people well so I believe it.

Advertisement
Something tells me that Harsin will soon be standing in the same line as Jeremy Pruitt and Kevin Ollie. Waiting for their day in court to collect their contract. It's telling that former UConn basketball coach Kevin Ollie recently won his arbitration case against the school after claiming he was wrongfully terminated from his role in 2018 with "cause" and was awarded nearly $11.2 million within the next 10 business days. And that case was centered around NCAA violations.

Jeremy Pruitt has been terminated for over a year with "cause" and still has no knowledge of the NCAA findings against Tennessee. The Chancellor was determined to fire Pruitt with "cause" because of what she termed as numerous level one violations. You have to want your head coach gone in the worst way, meaning no buyout, to frame level one charges against yourself. Who does that besides Tennessee? Pruitt is going to have his day in court regardless, just as Kevin Ollie demonstrated. It better be airtight or like UConn, Tennessee can inherit probation and a huge buyout to boot.

I got this feeling that not paying these enormous buyouts may well be a new trend, but getting it done is going to be harder than these Universities think.

Something tells me that Harsin will soon be standing in the same line as Jeremy Pruitt and Kevin Ollie. Waiting for their day in court to collect their contract. It's telling that former UConn basketball coach Kevin Ollie recently won his arbitration case against the school after claiming he was wrongfully terminated from his role in 2018 with "cause" and was awarded nearly $11.2 million within the next 10 business days. And that case was centered around NCAA violations.

Jeremy Pruitt has been terminated for over a year with "cause" and still has no knowledge of the NCAA findings against Tennessee. The Chancellor was determined to fire Pruitt with "cause" because of what she termed as numerous level one violations. You have to want your head coach gone in the worst way, meaning no buyout, to frame level one charges against yourself. Who does that besides Tennessee? Pruitt is going to have his day in court regardless, just as Kevin Ollie demonstrated. It better be airtight or like UConn, Tennessee can inherit probation and a huge buyout to boot.

I got this feeling that not paying these enormous buyouts may well be a new trend, but getting it done is going to be harder than these Universities think.

Someone mentioned Leach may have finally settled with TTU recently. Not sure if correct or not though.

Advertisement
Back