Lorenzo Lingard:

Redshirting a RB is stupid. If they are worth anything they are leaving at the first chance. RB has a short shelf life in the NFL (ok sometimes you run across the rare Frank Gore, but that is NOT typical in today's NFL). We have to get everything we can out of Lingard while he is here.

Advertisement
Its inexcusable to not give him touches if only to just run the ball. If this guy gets in the open field its over. I don't understand why they focus on what players are not good at instead of maximizing what they are good at. Its stupid af.

There are only so many touches . IMO he will get some going forward but Homer and DJ are experienced and freaking studs.That 1st down Homer got to end the game was one of the biggest not talked about plays in a while . Homer runs with more anger then I have ever seen at UM. Just looks to truck dudes and that is odd given his a speed merchant not a big guy.

With this being said LL might be the most pure talented RB we have had year since Portis .

Advertisement
WTF are you talking about, OP? FSU losing scrambled your brain.

Geez. Im taking a beating in this thread.

I'll respond to you,' Chise but Im sorta addressing the mob here. lol

I thought for sure that Lingard would be on the kickoff and punt teams and could have the same impact that Travis Homer had last year. Lingard has not been on either special team unit. He did not play against UNC and is not on any special team. I took that as a sign that he *may* redshirt.

After the punt return TD by FSU, Lingard went in on one (ONE) kickoff return. He did not touch the field other than that one play. Hence, he can longer redshirt. So, IF he can no longer redshirt I think he should immediately be put on the kickoff and punt teams.

I don't see why we can't give him a few more touches a game and maybe a screen or two.

Advertisement
Its inexcusable to not give him touches if only to just run the ball. If this guy gets in the open field its over. I don't understand why they focus on what players are not good at instead of maximizing what they are good at. Its stupid af.
Man, hammer meet nail. Do what players do well and go from there. Players first, then plays.

I viewed the site for while before joining thought was a cool forum for canes fans. we all had to join at some point right so way does it matter when I joined..you guys are so sensitive

I doesn’t matter when you joined.

I thought for sure that Lingard would be on the kickoff and punt teams and could have the same impact that Travis Homer had last year. Lingard has not been on either special team unit. He did not play against UNC and is not on any special team. I took that as a sign that he *may* redshirt.

After the punt return TD by FSU, Lingard went in on one (ONE) kickoff return. He did not touch the field other than that one play. Hence, he can longer redshirt. So, IF he can no longer redshirt I think he should immediately be put on the kickoff and punt teams.

Why would Hartley even remotely consider putting Lo on special teams with Knowles there?

Advertisement
OP is the single guy at the sports bar trying to jump into everyone’s conversations with his awful opinions no one asked for, hoping someone invites him into their Fantasy Football League next year so he can update his Facebook status more frequently
Those folks are the worse... U can smell the desperation

Advertisement
Mods refuse to do their jobs. There’s clear & obvious trolls & they just for whatever reason refuse to ban them & the site is ruined on diehards like us.
You can “ban” them yourself, there’s an ignore button for a reason . Takes 2 seconds

There are only so many touches . IMO he will get some going forward but Homer and DJ are experienced and freaking studs.That 1st down Homer got to end the game was one of the biggest not talked about plays in a while . Homer runs with more anger then I have ever seen at UM. Just looks to truck dudes and that is odd given his a speed merchant not a big guy.

With this being said LL might be the most pure talented RB we have had year since Portis .

Damien Berry would like to have a word with you.

Lingard was on kickoff coverage team

Advertisement
Back