Lorenzo Lingard (thanks to Tweed - title edited)

Ridiculously awful competition but you can see the explosiveness he has right away. Kid will be the truth.

Ridiculously awful porst.

They were playing Oviedo High, an 8A school, and Oviedo won 50-49.

Lingard is incredible, but let's not act like he is doing this against a 2A school.

Agreed. That was an idiotic post. Lingard is big for an RB in HS, even against good 8A teams like he’s played against.

Wait until they get a hold of him with a strict weightlifting, conditioning, and training table regimen.

He’ll be a total freak by his sophomore year.

That's all I wanted to point out. I understand how some guys want to think that all the best football is in SoFla, and that there are no other places that come close, but they misunderstand the Florida HS rules on school size.

The largest schools in Florida (8A) are predominantly in SoFla...and Orlando.

Almost all other FL municipalities have managed to build more schools with smaller populations, but 8A is heavily made up of SoFla and Orlando high schools.

Oviedo is from Seminole County, the second-smallest county in the state, and the high schools are enormous. My HS (Lake Brantley) was essentially rebuilt, and during the process they had to use an entire middle school building just for the HS freshmen.

University High (Orange City) is just over the Seminole-Volusia border, but the southwest portion of Volusia is getting all the Seminole County population overruns, and you have 15 miles of wooded nothingness between Deland and Daytona, so all the southwest Volusia high schools are getting pretty big too.

Obviously, the best SoFla schools have tended to beat the best Orlando schools in the 8A finals, but the competition levels are strong in both areas.

Right.

The talent in South Florida is unparalleled, but there are many highly talented players outside of S. Florida, especially in the area you mentioned. Look at the other major schools recruiting of talent in the state. We need to get players from there as well.

When Miami has had its best teams, our best players were not all exclusively from South Florida, there were plenty from north of here. I don’t even need to go through the list, we all know who they are.

No doubt, first to come to mind are Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp, Jerome Brown are from Central Florida. UM top Quarter backs have been from out of state. We all know UM has missed out on a lot of great players from South Florida.

Advertisement
Funny how some of y'all keep bringing up Jeff Thomas. There is a learning curve at this level in case you don't realize it. Lots of times Miami was able to mask it with guys like andre Johnson who had Wayne and moss ahead of him. Ed reed was here so seen Taylor could sit back and learn. Not all top notch players hit The ground running at this level. If your making your comment based on some prediction a couple guys on here made then you're stupid.

Lingard looks like a nice player but I'm not gonna throw that program changer label his way. I'll sit back and wait and see what he does once he get's here.

Lo Lingard is not a nice player, he's elite.

Yep. Next year after 4 games guys like you will be saying " he's not the players we thought he was" blah blah blah. You won't even hasvr the guts to say "you". You'll say we so you can feel better about the dumb *** comment.

Funny how some of y'all keep bringing up Jeff Thomas. There is a learning curve at this level in case you don't realize it. Lots of times Miami was able to mask it with guys like andre Johnson who had Wayne and moss ahead of him. Ed reed was here so seen Taylor could sit back and learn. Not all top notch players hit The ground running at this level. If your making your comment based on some prediction a couple guys on here made then you're stupid.

Lingard looks like a nice player but I'm not gonna throw that program changer label his way. I'll sit back and wait and see what he does once he get's here.

Yep. Next year after 4 games guys like you will be saying " he's not the players we thought he was" blah blah blah. You won't even hasvr the guts to say "you". You'll say we so you can feel better about the dumb *** comment.

Advertisement
[TWEET]919025429519978496[/TWEET]
What's the title of this thread again?

Advertisement
He'll be coming in at a good time. By his sophomore year the O-Line should be solidified, talented and solid.

His top end speed is elite on the football field. He slips into that 5th gear and nobody’s catching him. That 70 yd run on a wet field says it all.

His top end speed is elite on the football field. He slips into that 5th gear and nobody’s catching him. That 70 yd run on a wet field says it all.
And that's what he'll be walking in the door with.

Combine that with Coach Brown's tutelage/Coaching & hopefully an improved OL, the kid will be a monster in Miami for years.

2 thoughts:

1. Lo is an absolute animal. Will start from game 1 and be a heisman contender

2. If Lo's school lost with that performance from him the other players must be unable to tie their shoes spastics

We don't need him to start game one. We need to be like in the day when a player, Homer, is starter and kicking rear, and the guy on the bench is bigger, faster and better when his turn comes. We want the existing guy working harder to keep the young gun on the pine. That is how you reload. Imagine Collins the year behind Duke. Duke get hurt in Tally and Collins rolls on the field with fresh legs -- we might have won that night and big 8-0. Today, if Walton needs a breather, I am excited for Homer to come in. Back in the day Duke's junior year would have been Duke, with Collins waiting his turn and then Dalvin. Mark managed to have stable like that at UGA, let's hope he can do it here too.

That ****** Richt stole Michel from us. So glad he's on our side now.

Advertisement
I thought Jeff thomas was a program changer?

Were 3 games into his true freshman year... Giving up on the kid already?

"program changer" = instant game changing impact from the minute they get on campus. Harley who imo is less talented then Thomas is starting over him and they arrived at the same time if im not mistaken.

Worst poster on CIS
I think it's a good point. He hasn't made the impact he was hyped to make. People had him as our number 2 by this game at least in the spring when he signed. He will be a good wife receiver but BB8 made a bigger impact freshman year.

Sent from my N9519 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I thought Jeff thomas was a program changer?

"program changer" = instant game changing impact from the minute they get on campus. Harley who imo is less talented then Thomas is starting over him and they arrived at the same time if im not mistaken.

Worst poster on CIS
I think it's a good point. He hasn't made the impact he was hyped to make. People had him as our number 2 by this game at least in the spring when he signed. He will be a good wife receiver but BB8 made a bigger impact freshman year.

What is a wife receiver?

At any rate, we have played FOUR games, we cancelled one, we rescheduled another, we've barely practiced, the kid came in during the summer...

And yet people expect that a guy will explode in the first month of being on a college campus.

Let's just gut the roster and start over.

The impact he was "hyped" to make? Are you kidding? One of the major reasons everyone "hyped" the kid is because we didn't even know we were recruiting him, we didn't expect him to pick UM, and he did pick UM when our WR recruiting was a nuclear fallout zone of failure.

Worst poster on CIS

What is a wife receiver?

At any rate, we have played FOUR games, we cancelled one, we rescheduled another, we've barely practiced, the kid came in during the summer...

And yet people expect that a guy will explode in the first month of being on a college campus.

The impact he was "hyped" to make? Are you kidding? One of the major reasons everyone "hyped" the kid is because we didn't even know we were recruiting him, we didn't expect him to pick UM, and he did pick UM when our WR recruiting was a nuclear fallout zone of failure.
And like I said most had him penciled in at 2. Doesn't matter why or when or how. He was hyped. He may be all world starting today but till this point he's been hyped. Stacy Coley balled. AR balled. I like his skill set and Im sure as **** happy we signed him. He's just not a 3 year all American like most wanted.

Worst poster on CIS

What is a wife receiver?

And like I said most had him penciled in at 2. Doesn't matter why or when or how. He was hyped. He may be all world starting today but till this point he's been hyped. Stacy Coley balled. AR balled. I like his skill set and Im sure as **** happy we signed him. He's just not a 3 year all American like most wanted.

You are a buffoonish clown with the nonsense you are posting.

Stacy Coley came in as the only WR in his recruiting class, and the year before that our only WR of note was Herb Waters. Coley had 2 catches for 19 yards against FAU, no catches against UF, 3 catches for 16 yards against Savannah State, and then 4 catches for 96 yards against USF.

Ahmmon Richards came in with a so-so class (we lost Sam Bruce early) and the only WR of note in the prior class was Cager (who was hurt when Richards was a freshman). Richards had 2 catches for 31 yards against FAMU, 3 catches for 30 yards against FAU, and broke out with 4 catches for 142 yards against Appalachian State, before getting only 2 catches for 43 yards against GaTech.

Jeff Richards has come in with another 4-star WR (Harley) who is also playing as a freshman, not to mention that Richards and Cager are both back. And, yes, his stats are lesser through 4 games, but even as Richt has pointed out, he was wide open a couple of times when the QB simply did not see him.

So back off with the "hype" nonsense. Jeff Thomas didn't pick his Rivals ranking, it was given to him based upon his play. And, yes, our fans like to project immediate greatness out of every highly-ranked player.

By the way, Stacy Coley was not a "three time All American". Name a single one of our WRs...EVER...who has been.

Just take your whining somewhere else...like to a Gaytor board...

Advertisement
Back