Lorenzo Lingard (thanks to Tweed - title edited)

Funny how some of y'all keep bringing up Jeff Thomas. There is a learning curve at this level in case you don't realize it. Lots of times Miami was able to mask it with guys like andre Johnson who had Wayne and moss ahead of him. Ed reed was here so seen Taylor could sit back and learn. Not all top notch players hit The ground running at this level. If your making your comment based on some prediction a couple guys on here made then you're stupid.

Lingard looks like a nice player but I'm not gonna throw that program changer label his way. I'll sit back and wait and see what he does once he get's here.

Lo Lingard is not a nice player, he's elite.

Advertisement
Ridiculously awful competition but you can see the explosiveness he has right away. Kid will be the truth.

Advertisement
Great video thanks for posting OP... btw if Mark Walton does return next year he'd keep Lingard from starting JS

Advertisement
He might not start right away, but he sure as heck won't redshirt. He'll get carries.

Advertisement
Ridiculously awful competition but you can see the explosiveness he has right away. Kid will be the truth.

Ridiculously awful porst.

They were playing Oviedo High, an 8A school, and Oviedo won 50-49.

Lingard is incredible, but let's not act like he is doing this against a 2A school.

Advertisement

Lingard is incredible, but let's not act like he is doing this against a 2A school.

Agreed. That was an idiotic post. Lingard is big for an RB in HS, even against good 8A teams like he’s played against.

Wait until they get a hold of him with a strict weightlifting, conditioning, and training table regimen.

He’ll be a total freak by his sophomore year.

Agreed. That was an idiotic post. Lingard is big for an RB in HS, even against good 8A teams like he’s played against.

Wait until they get a hold of him with a strict weightlifting, conditioning, and training table regimen.

That's all I wanted to point out. I understand how some guys want to think that all the best football is in SoFla, and that there are no other places that come close, but they misunderstand the Florida HS rules on school size.

The largest schools in Florida (8A) are predominantly in SoFla...and Orlando.

Almost all other FL municipalities have managed to build more schools with smaller populations, but 8A is heavily made up of SoFla and Orlando high schools.

Oviedo is from Seminole County, the second-smallest county in the state, and the high schools are enormous. My HS (Lake Brantley) was essentially rebuilt, and during the process they had to use an entire middle school building just for the HS freshmen.

University High (Orange City) is just over the Seminole-Volusia border, but the southwest portion of Volusia is getting all the Seminole County population overruns, and you have 15 miles of wooded nothingness between Deland and Daytona, so all the southwest Volusia high schools are getting pretty big too.

Obviously, the best SoFla schools have tended to beat the best Orlando schools in the 8A finals, but the competition levels are strong in both areas.

That's all I wanted to point out. I understand how some guys want to think that all the best football is in SoFla, and that there are no other places that come close, but they misunderstand the Florida HS rules on school size.

The largest schools in Florida (8A) are predominantly in SoFla...and Orlando.

Almost all other FL municipalities have managed to build more schools with smaller populations, but 8A is heavily made up of SoFla and Orlando high schools.

Oviedo is from Seminole County, the second-smallest county in the state, and the high schools are enormous. My HS (Lake Brantley) was essentially rebuilt, and during the process they had to use an entire middle school building just for the HS freshmen.

University High (Orange City) is just over the Seminole-Volusia border, but the southwest portion of Volusia is getting all the Seminole County population overruns, and you have 15 miles of wooded nothingness between Deland and Daytona, so all the southwest Volusia high schools are getting pretty big too.

Obviously, the best SoFla schools have tended to beat the best Orlando schools in the 8A finals, but the competition levels are strong in both areas.

Right.

The talent in South Florida is unparalleled, but there are many highly talented players outside of S. Florida, especially in the area you mentioned. Look at the other major schools recruiting of talent in the state. We need to get players from there as well.

When Miami has had its best teams, our best players were not all exclusively from South Florida, there were plenty from north of here. I don’t even need to go through the list, we all know who they are.

Advertisement
Back