Looks like TVD isn’t going anywhere

Well it's a classic conundrum... If we start Emory we may get interceptions against FSU, but what would we get with TVD a bunch of scoring drives???
Ok, now if he gets electro-shock treatment this week well there may be improvement.
Maybe we tell him to just go play golf for the next 3 days and that’ll recenter him lol

Advertisement
last yr and all off season, y'all told me Gattis "broke" tvd........

I'm starting to think y'all was talking about some broke back mountain ****
Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

True freshman at Arizona is not having any issues vs 5 ranked opponents in a row. He also has the starter, De Laura behind him at 2nd QB (he lost his job due to injury and will never get it back).

Not saying Emory is the same or will have success like him but he should’ve played vs NC State and he should’ve started vs UVA.

View attachment 264732
Be careful, the guy you “don’t want to question” will come by and tell you that’s De Laura’s job and he didn’t take anything.

Advertisement
Emory was okay to start against UVA and NC State as well. Its not Emory who is "not okay," it's our head coach who is not okay.

This would be a typical Cafecito Morono move. Not give Emory the deserved start against UVA, not give him any reps off the bench at NC State, then name him the starter on Friday for the FSU game. And not because he's trying to keep FSU off balance, because he wont actually make the decision until then.
100% Spot on....

True freshman at Arizona is not having any issues vs 5 ranked opponents in a row. He also has the starter, De Laura behind him at 2nd QB (he lost his job due to injury and will never get it back).

Not saying Emory is the same or will have success like him but he should’ve played vs NC State and he should’ve started vs UVA.

View attachment 264732

Preach.

Advertisement
Dorsey didn't get his start on the road. Kenny Kelly got hurt and he was thrown to the wolves mid-game at Virginia Tech—a Hokies squad that was the national champion runner up that season.

From there Dorsey had three cushy home games against Rutgers, Syracuse and Temple to cut his teeth in 1999.

Torretta got the start in 1989 against Florida State when Craig Erickson was hurt and it remained Erickson's team through 1990—Torretta finally taking over as starter in 1991 and 1992.
Right neither were planned, and Kelly came back to star the Gator Bowl in '99 vs. GT. Dorsey just came in to get PT and it was clear was the better QB. Why F up Emory vs FSU and L'ville when you can save him for BC and a bowl game to get him some reps then?

Pratt has an injury history, and Miami's HC keeps injuring his QB... can't see him making that mistake
If I'm a QB, I like this OL. Particularly given that TVD has been sacked once in 3 games. Not sure if you have seen Tulane play, but Pratt lays out his body all the time. Not sure he is afraid of contact. I mean, if FSU is a real alternative for him, he needs to watch the beating Travis takes week after week in Norvell's system.

If I'm a QB, I like this OL. Particularly given that TVD has been sacked once in 3 games. Not sure if you have seen Tulane play, but Pratt lays out his body all the time. Not sure he is afraid of contact. I mean, if FSU is a real alternative for him, he needs to watch the beating Travis takes week after week in Norvell's system.
I watch a ton of Tulane bc Kurt is the S&CC there. How many players on this OL are back in '24? Who is the OC?

Advertisement
I'd start emory and see what happens. you can always bring tvd in.

I don't think you go back to the "starter" after you pull him just to "see what happens". It sends a message to your team when you make that switch. To pull him and switch back makes the head man look like he doesn't have a true direction for the program

LMAO at all the armchair QB’s. Granted, it’s obvious to even the most novice football fan that something’s amiss with TVD. A solution won’t come from message board genius’s.
Ummm. What's the point in post like these? With this logic all message boards should cease to exist. It's just a discussion, sir. It's, ya know, what happens on message boards.

There are a lot of coaches and knowledgeable football fans on these boards. Football isn't advanced calculus to some of us. So it's not rocket science to point out this issues. ****, from the looks of it maybe the staff SHOULD be on here reading cause what they doing don't fuqin work 🤷🏿‍♂️

Advertisement
I don't think you go back to the "starter" after you pull him just to "see what happens". It sends a message to your team when you make that switch. To pull him and switch back makes the head man look like he doesn't have a true direction for the program

We are already at the point my guy. Hiring Gattis, portaling McCormick, and GT gameplan has gotten us past this point.

View attachment 264732
Palabra

Advertisement
Back