Looks like TVD isn’t going anywhere

Advertisement
True freshman at Arizona is not having any issues vs 5 ranked opponents in a row. He also has the starter, De Laura behind him at 2nd QB (he lost his job due to injury and will never get it back).

Not saying Emory is the same or will have success like him but he should’ve played vs NC State and he should’ve started vs UVA.

View attachment 264732

100%

FSU should have lost to Clemson and BC. If Leonard weren't injured, they would have lost to them, too.

They aren't some unbeatable team. Play Emory, for F's sake, and let's expose those tards up north. I believe we can win this game.

Portal.... this is a team that's being held back by 1 position
This team is being held back by a stubborn oLine coach, who can't get out of his own way. Stop micromanaging and let the oc cook. Dawson will never say anything bcuz he's building his resume and that would be a bad look. But he's trying to run Mario's smash mouth offense while also mentoring a brain dead qb. That's not his identity and I know he wish he would have gotten to know who Mario was before he signed on.

So you’d prefer Emory to come in the game down 24-0 in the second quarter after TVD throws his second pick? The games already over by then.
Not even fair to Emory or JB to do that. Let #9 finish the season unless he gets hurt. Let Emory take all 1st team snaps for bowl game and play the entire game. The reason I didn't include JB is bcuz I don't think he intends on playing another game at UM, imo. I think he transfers to Tallahassee or GT and comes back to haunt us.

So Emory was OK to play against the Clemson defense but not FSU? All because it is a road game?
100% this. Clemson's defense is better, it makes no sense why Emory can't start. Throw in some Jacurri too to mix it up.

Advertisement
Dear God some of you are massive pussies. DoN'T plAY eMoRy oR FsU miGHt bReAk hIm!!!!

ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?!?!?!? TVD is a guaranteed loss but FSU aren't world beaters for ****'s sake. You clowns are ready to just give FSU the game instead of potentially hurting Emory's ego? The kid will be fine, if not he shouldn't be at Miami anyway. I bet he's dying to start, and if he starts they should sling it and attack. Enough ***** 1960s bro ball.

I'm sick of this conservative diarrhea, play to win the game and give the kids on the team and recruits something to play for. Give the kids a gameplan that let's them know it's all on them and don't hamstring them with the **** that's been called since the bye. You do that and they'll know the coaches don't have faith in them.

People think it's safer to play conservative but that's the biggest myth of all. Aggressive play leads to results.

Not even fair to Emory or JB to do that. Let #9 finish the season unless he gets hurt. Let Emory take all 1st team snaps for bowl game and play the entire game. The reason I didn't include JB is bcuz I don't think he intends on playing another game at UM, imo. I think he transfers to Tallahassee or GT and comes back to haunt us.
You can’t keep rolling TVD out there. The time for a change is now.

I honestly don’t think there’s an answer on the roster
I totally agree with this and that is the problem. There's no place really to go. And until we actually hit on a stud that is also a leader, we are treading water hoping everything else is elite to make up for it.

Advertisement
Agreed. The answer will be in the portal.
This **** drives me nuts!!! Every fan's solution is to go to the portal looking for experience.

Fan's are just silly. Watch a handful of plays from the Spring game and determine a player's future and his development.

Do we recruit? Do we develop?

You have develop and play the guys you have or don't recruit them in the first place. They can only gain experience by playing.

No, we're going to rely on some QB from the portal who's coach gave a little playing time to and we think is better because the grass is always greener on the other side.

I'm fine with adding to the roster when the numbers are needed, but that should be a last resort.

Look at Bo Nix. He was awful his first 2-3 years. Now he's developed into an NFL draftsble QB. By all accounts, CIS would have deemed him trash with a professional future in something other than sports.

I guarantee if Miami doesn't develop JB, there's a P5 coach out there that will. He has elite traits like Anthony Richardson who to everyone's surprise (including mine), is doing well in the NFL.

Look man, I’m just another frustrated fan that hopes we make a change at the position. However, as the father of a high school QB with college aspirations, I really appreciate Mario’s words and approach here. And if you want a solid QB out of the portal, the last thing you want to do is throw players under the bus publicly (a la Dabo).
Yeah watching Coach Mario speak it shows how good of a father figure and protector he is. I would have been made the change at QB, but he has given TVD all chances and then some to succeed because he wants every Canes player to reach his potential.

Don't break 17 but let 9 be ground into mashed potatoes and let the team turn into Attica

Makes sense

Do we ever worry about a DT being broken if they are started? We do next man up and if 17 can't deal with adversity and failure then he's already broken

This **** drives me nuts!!! Every fan's solution is to go to the portal looking for experience.

Fan's are just silly. Watch a handful of plays from the Spring game and determine a player's future and his development.

Do we recruit? Do we develop?

You have develop and play the guys you have or don't recruit them in the first place. They can only gain experience by playing.

No, we're going to rely on some QB from the portal who's coach gave a little playing time to and we think is better because the grass is always greener on the other side.

I'm fine with adding to the roster when the numbers are needed, but that should be a last resort.

Look at Bo Nix. He was awful his first 2-3 years. Now he's developed into an NFL draftsble QB. By all accounts, CIS would have deemed him trash with a professional future in something other than sports.

I guarantee if Miami doesn't develop JB, there's a P5 coach out there that will. He has elite traits like Anthony Richardson who to everyone's surprise (including mine), is doing well in the NFL.
I'm saying the answer will be in the portal because I don't think Emory, Jacurri or Judd are starting next season. The reason those three aren't the answer is a different discussion.

Advertisement
I'm saying the answer will be in the portal because I don't think Emory, Jacurri or Judd are starting next season. The reason those three aren't the answer is a different discussion.
You have internal insight on their development?

Different discussion? It is the discussion.

Like under Manny, everyone was ready to anoint the transfer QB as the savior who had a handful of game reps and wound up being 3rd string.

It's fine to bring in another QB if the room is low on bodies. I'm just not into anointing some hyped up portal transfer as the starter. He will have to compete. Whoever is better should start.

Again, I just hate how the fanbase abandons our players. If Jaccuri didn't play last year, everyone would be excited to see him on the field. Because he was forced into action sooner than he should have been, many of our fanbase are quick to formulate opinions dismissing him as a bust, can't throw, etc., etc.

Give all of our young players time to develop and see what they can do.

I'm more concerned about JB transferring out. Someone is going to develop him into a star. Same talent as Alabama's QB. Just needs development.

Last edited:
You have internal insight on their development?
It's my OPINION that Emory, Jacurri and Judd will be "less ready" for 2024 than someone we'll ultimately grab in the portal. Never said those three guys will never work out. I'm speaking for 2024 and giving my opinion, which I'm entitled to have.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back