Looks like TVD isn’t going anywhere

Advertisement
Advertisement
No surprise here. I’ve said several times Mario thinks the sun rises and sets in TVD. He trots him out there to do post game pressers every week and post practice pressers every week regardless of his performance. I’ll be completely shocked if Mario pulls TVD. Only way he does if he’s injured to the point he just can’t play - similar to the Clemp$on game.

Advertisement
Look man, I’m just another frustrated fan that hopes we make a change at the position. However, as the father of a high school QB with college aspirations, I really appreciate Mario’s words and approach here. And if you want a solid QB out of the portal, the last thing you want to do is throw players under the bus publicly (a la Dabo).

This team is rebelling against TVD. Put 17 in and see what you can do to install something to show a semblance of a passing game. We're losing either way but at least we can ensure against total team demoralization by not going to 9 over and over despite the results.

If we can't show some life on offense and some passing game then what portal QB worth anything is going to want to come here?

Advertisement
I honestly don’t think there’s an answer on the roster
i would agree. the only diff is emory hasnt been broken yet but the offense wasnt any good at all with him in there for obvious reasons. this season is cooked. 2 road games and 1 tough home game with an offense that has been exposed and completely reverted since conf play began. 0-3 most likely way to end. at least FSU isnt a night game

Imo you start TVD at fsu and see what happens. If he struggles again you give Williams the reigns for the rest of the season.

I wouldn’t give Emory his first road start at fsu.
I'm the opposite. We have seen what happens with TVD his last 3 starts. Let Emory be the guy all week in practice, get the team behind him, and go from there. There is no sense in letting TVD deflate the team the entire week and then on gameday you watch the team quit on national TV after his second pick before half.

Many are of the opinion that Emory isn't the answer anyways so essentially throwing him out shouldn't be an issue. We need a change and a spark, TVD is not providing that.

Advertisement
Imo you start TVD at fsu and see what happens. If he struggles again you give Williams the reigns for the rest of the season.

I wouldn’t give Emory his first road start at fsu.
I concur it would be suicide , this is a statement game for FSU they need a real good blood bath positioning for a NC title shot.

It going to be uglier then we can ever imagine we just have to survive it somehow and get out.

FSU will unload there playbook offense and defense.

IN COMING ALL GAME LONG

GOCANES

So Emory was OK to play against the Clemson defense but not FSU? All because it is a road game?

He wasn't OK to play against Clemson, he was the only choice because TVD was unable to play due to injury.

If Emory plays, are we going to give 0 touches to Brashard Smiff again? Are we going to get a kid who runs 4.25 from Alabama to stand on the sidelines more? Are we going to listen to the outside noise and not throw the ball to the one kid who is consistently open and catches the ball because our fans don't like it? Are we going to never throw a screen to a back? Are we going to throw nothing in the middle of the field (and when we do Riley Williams will drop it)?

The offense was terrible when Emory ran it against Clemson. We just got 3 turnovers and didn't turn it over ourselves. If we think we can do the same against FSU, let's do it. But TVD is clearly a more skilled player at this point but is just absolutely cooked mentally and isn't right physically. He's toast.

Advertisement
Back