Looks like TVD isn’t going anywhere

All due respect, what coach is going to come out to the smarmy media and lay blame for losses on a quarterback?

No one has any idea what's taking place behind closed doors.
No but unfortunately we all know what’s going on behind closed doors is probably game planning around TVD again. Would love to be wrong.

Advertisement
Agreed I rather ride with Emory or jaccuri who can at least give fsu defense fits by being able to run.... they don't deal with running quarterbacks well.

Our main problem is the offense needs to control the clock and put up points.... the defense is good enough to hold their own
We simply can't turn the ball over against FSU and have even the slim chance that there is. TVDs last 2 starts, that all he has done. He's turned it over and produced nothing else.

I get people think Emory can't handle it because of true freshman blah blah blah, but TVD couldn't handle a home game vs UVA and a road game @ NC State.

Advertisement
It will be interesting to see what we do for the bowl game.....will TVD be "hurt" and we see Emory, will we rotate a little? Who knows

My bad I thought the discussion was about Jacurri.

Although redshirts are irrelevant here. If the kid is good, he won't be here 5 years. And if he stinks, he won't be here 5 years.
Totally agree with you

The Emory redshirt theory was already put to bed last week.

If we lose with a ball control, run heavy, lots of short passing with EW or JB, and free BSmith ….. I can live with that

Trotting TVD out there, and having him put us in a hole with his same beta cuck demeanor then it’ll be a blood bath

It will be interesting to see what we do for the bowl game.....will TVD be "hurt" and we see Emory, will we rotate a little? Who knows

I hope TVD skips the bowl game to get ready for his next spot….. golf pro in Hartford Connecticut

He wasn't OK to play against Clemson, he was the only choice because TVD was unable to play due to injury.

If Emory plays, are we going to give 0 touches to Brashard Smiff again? Are we going to get a kid who runs 4.25 from Alabama to stand on the sidelines more? Are we going to listen to the outside noise and not throw the ball to the one kid who is consistently open and catches the ball because our fans don't like it? Are we going to never throw a screen to a back? Are we going to throw nothing in the middle of the field (and when we do Riley Williams will drop it)?

The offense was terrible when Emory ran it against Clemson. We just got 3 turnovers and didn't turn it over ourselves. If we think we can do the same against FSU, let's do it. But TVD is clearly a more skilled player at this point but is just absolutely cooked mentally and isn't right physically. He's toast.
But we can’t play turnover free football with TVD at QB. That is an absolute fact. And this version of TVD throwing 2-3 INT’s and NOT completing tough passes into small windows is a lot worse than a check down QB who won’t make mistakes.

You wrote it yourself, “we just got 3 turnovers and didn’t turn it over ourselves”. With our defense this is how we win games.

Honestly I don’t even think it is a hard decision anymore.

Advertisement
But we can’t play turnover free football with TVD at QB. That is an absolute fact. And this version of TVD throwing 2-3 INT’s and NOT completing tough passes into small windows is a lot worse than a check down QB who won’t make mistakes.

You wrote it yourself, “we just got 3 turnovers and didn’t turn it over ourselves”. With our defense this is how we win games.

Honestly I don’t even think it is a hard decision anymore.

Don't disagree. IMO we're not beating FSU with either QB, but I guess not turning the ball over gives us our best chance and we know TVD is a turnover machine at this point. Play good defense, make Travis make a mistake or two, and be efficient on offense. Maybe we get a few bounces our way late and can win the game.

Totally agree with you

The Emory redshirt theory was already put to bed last week.

If we lose with a ball control, run heavy, lots of short passing with EW or JB, and free BSmith ….. I can live with that

Trotting TVD out there, and having him put us in a hole with his same beta cuck demeanor then it’ll be a blood bath
agree.... even with the conservative game plan during Clemson with EW, he spread the ball around and got it into the hand of the playmakers...

watching TVD at this point is major Kyle Wright/ Kirby memories...

Don't disagree. IMO we're not beating FSU with either QB, but I guess not turning the ball over gives us our best chance and we know TVD is a turnover machine at this point. Play good defense, make Travis make a mistake or two, and be efficient on offense. Maybe we get a few bounces our way late and can win the game.

10000%

What you just described “could” happen with EW and/or JB

If TVD starts its virtually a guarantee that what you described “won’t” happen

Imo you start TVD at fsu and see what happens. If he struggles again you give Williams the reigns for the rest of the season.

I wouldn’t give Emory his first road start at fsu.
Sometimes a surgical intervention without anesthesia is a necessity. There are no luxuries here, this cancer is out of control.

Advertisement
I know its really bad when even my wife wants him the **** outta here.
Funny GIF

His statement, “It’s all of us” is something you’d never hear out of some of the winningest coaches we know. If only football was run by democracy…

Advertisement
His statement, “It’s all of us” is something you’d never hear out of some of the winningest coaches we know. If only football was run by democracy
Hey buddy I'm gonna disagree... all we need is a good dictator.

Advertisement
Back