Looks like TVD isn’t going anywhere

Advertisement
LMAO at all the armchair QB’s. Granted, it’s obvious to even the most novice football fan that something’s amiss with TVD. A solution won’t come from message board genius’s.

Once again, Dorsey, Toretta all learned from their tough road starts... so will any QB worth keeping

Dorsey didn't get his start on the road. Kenny Kelly got hurt and he was thrown to the wolves mid-game at Virginia Tech—a Hokies squad that was the national champion runner up that season.

From there Dorsey had three cushy home games against Rutgers, Syracuse and Temple to cut his teeth in 1999.

Torretta got the start in 1989 against Florida State when Craig Erickson was hurt and it remained Erickson's team through 1990—Torretta finally taking over as starter in 1991 and 1992.

Advertisement
I'd start emory and see what happens. you can always bring tvd in.
Everyone and their mom knew TVD wasn't healthy for the UVA game. I never understood not starting Emory and have TVD as an emergency QB. Give him an extra game to get healthy and get Emory more game reps.

There are many decisions that play into a season of results, but the handling (or mishandling) of TVD's nagging injury is one of the big one. Rest him and give Emory more confidence in the O.

Everyone and their mom knew TVD wasn't healthy for the UVA game. I never understood not starting Emory and have TVD as an emergency QB. Give him an extra game to get healthy and get Emory more game reps.

There are many decisions that play into a season of results, but the handling (or mishandling) of TVD's nagging injury is one of the big one. Rest him and give Emory more confidence in the O.
that and the actual play calling on the offense. There is so much bad going on it's hard to wrap your head around what is the worst.

Advertisement

he doesnt want to burn the redshirt.

are people surprised that the guy who took 84 years to fire Gattis will take forever to pull the plug on TVD?
And play a true freshman QB who should be redshirting or someone that can barely throw a forward pass?

Advertisement
He was the only choice.
Still is. So our choices are to go with:

A quarterback whose career has collapsed harder than the OceanGate submersible. Completely stagnated this offense and hamstrung his OC. Known for his one-look reads, his under/over/behind throws, lack of rushing attempts in a collapsing pocket, and his affinity to turnover the ball fumble/interception. Sits stoically; unpossessed by the killer instinct a seasoned QB should have in leading his offense to points.

~OR~

A inexperienced quarterback who can hand the ball off the same amount--and equally effectively--as QB1 has been doing to our RB. Gives Emory and Dawson the chance to develop trust in expanding the playbook. Develop a future QB not of any previous system. Inject some energy into this listless offense. Rock the boat, see if we have some unutilized talent in our ranks. Invest into the 2024 season.

I'll take the latter. Why keep hammering that square peg into the triangle hole? Eventually you'll make it fit? Okay--seems more laborious.

Clearly the TVD Experiment is over--it is finished. This is not even a question anymore. Might as well let TVD heal up with whatever mental or physical ailment has claimed him and let the future players that will be here longer cut their teeth. TVD's legacy will be one of just a sociably weird dude who was just in the right place and the right time to buy himself a bimmer--NCSU was his moment and he shrunk like a **** in cold water.

1699281296341.png
1699281307420.png

If TVD starts at FSU the team will be defeated before kickoff

The players know he’s shell shocked and can’t be trusted.

I’d ride with EW and have a package for JB. There’s a real chance that if TVD starts, and continues to suck, without any consequence, locker room distrust infinitely grows

These last 3 games are gonna be rough as **** for us fans

that can barely throw a forward pass?
I rather a guy like Brown who can run it and throw the occasional forward pass than someone like TVD, who can throw it but usually to the defense. We just scored 6 points lol if we are going to play bro football then may as well play Brown.

Advertisement
He wasn't OK to play against Clemson, he was the only choice because TVD was unable to play due to injury.

If Emory plays, are we going to give 0 touches to Brashard Smiff again? Are we going to get a kid who runs 4.25 from Alabama to stand on the sidelines more? Are we going to listen to the outside noise and not throw the ball to the one kid who is consistently open and catches the ball because our fans don't like it? Are we going to never throw a screen to a back? Are we going to throw nothing in the middle of the field (and when we do Riley Williams will drop it)?

The offense was terrible when Emory ran it against Clemson. We just got 3 turnovers and didn't turn it over ourselves. If we think we can do the same against FSU, let's do it. But TVD is clearly a more skilled player at this point but is just absolutely cooked mentally and isn't right physically. He's toast.

Agreed I rather ride with Emory or jaccuri who can at least give fsu defense fits by being able to run.... they don't deal with running quarterbacks well.

Our main problem is the offense needs to control the clock and put up points.... the defense is good enough to hold their own

Advertisement
Back