Looks like James Williams

Advertisement
Really tryna play safety here. Doing a lotta plyometric work. Focusing on biomechanics instead of brute strength training. Tryna train up those type 2 fast twitch muscle fibers. Down to 214. Hmmmmm
Exactly. It could be designed to just have a more efficient body composition. If he gets leaner and only adds 10 lbs of pure muscle then he’s 6’5” 225 lb. Definitely not too heavy to play safety.

I think he will mainly play safety and be used on the second level on some packages, with the occasional standing blitz off the DE.
Exactly, a meal plan with lean protein sources, high complex carbs in mornings with plenty of fruits and vegetables would do just fine unless he is genetically predisposed to gain a whole lot of muscle regardless.

Exactly. It could be designed to just have a more efficient body composition. If he gets leaner and only adds 10 lbs of pure muscle then he’s 6’5” 225 lb. Definitely not too heavy to play safety.

I think he will mainly play safety and be used on the second level on some packages, with the occasional standing blitz off the DE.
Gonna be puttin kids to sleep

This dude’s earned the benefit of trying to play whatever position he wants and for UM fans to leave him alone about it and quit nagging at him and how he’s going to outgrow the position he wants to play. Just leave him the fck alone about your opinions on him playing DT and support him.

Exactly. The obsession on height/weight is more of a Gaytor thing. After all, that's why the Gaytors passed on Leonard Taylor, because his height/weight/desire indicate that he wanted to play Defensive End, not Defensive Tackle.

Or at least that's what the Gaytors claim on their board.

Advertisement
I think he’s a safety (with versatility) if he maintains this discipline.

I was thinking Isiah Simmons. Free, strong, middle, edge, blitzing ability.

Call him a safety, but keep him in the box 75% of the time. At least, this is my hope.

Having a 6'5 safety play the back end seems like a waste.

WR's are getting bigger and faster. TE's are getting bigger and faster. We need DB's that can compete with them. James Williams is that DB.

Call him a safety, but keep him in the box 75% of the time. At least, this is my hope.

As a safety, he will be all over the field. His size and speed combo is like having a 4th linebacker when the opposing team runs and a rangy DB when the team passes. Keep that boy at safety and do what you gotta do to keep him lean and fast coach!

He will be a safety so all fans who think he will not and want to say striker etc- just please stop.. Ignorant af , hes been a safety his whole life and he reads the field and is the captain there. Once again. He is a Safety
I don't care where he plays as long as he's on the field. Not sure what the big deal is about the Striker position anyway. It's a DB position that helps in the run and pass game just like Safeties do. I expect him to be all over the field. He also could line up in the Striker to disguise coverage and blitzes, then bail to the SS position on the snap.

Advertisement
As a safety, he will be all over the field. His size and speed combo is like having a 4th linebacker when the opposing team runs and a rangy DB when the team passes. Keep that boy at safety and do what you gotta do to keep him lean and fast coach!

You negged my post, but your typed response seems like you agree with me lol

I don't care where he plays as long as he's on the field. Not sure what the big deal is about the Striker position anyway. It's a DB position that helps in the run and pass game just like Safeties do. I expect him to be all over the field. He also could line up in the Striker to disguise coverage and blitzes, then bail to the SS position on the snap.
That striker position is garbage. It has produce an defensive offensive type effect since they develop them position. No one has has been drafted from the position either. I didn’t see a Troy polamalu, marlon Mccree(my Kentucky boy, do your research, type player yet. These players are smaller but dominate at the line of scrimmage and then get drafted and have solid Careers at the safety position in the nfl. I’m still waiting

I see lots of TO’s and Turnover Chains from the D in the next couple, three seasons...

#Lethal

Advertisement

can you all stop comparing him to one of the biggest athletic freaks to play college football in the last several years? Too much on the kid. Just let the kid come into his own, here

can you all stop comparing him to one of the biggest athletic freaks to play college football in the last several years? Too much on the kid. Just let the kid come into his own, here

Can you guys stopping pretend like Simmons was some freak athlete coming out of HS.

Advertisement
Can you guys stopping pretend like Simmons was some freak athlete coming out of HS.

When he was in HS, at around 6-4, 210, he:

- ran 22 200m
- won 3 straight LJ state championships

Since then, he's over 230 and he's:

- run sub 4.4 at 230 pounds
- 11'+ broad jump at the combines (his combine, btw, goes down as best ever for a LB)

shall I go on?

That striker position is garbage. It has produce an defensive offensive type effect since they develop them position. No one has has been drafted from the position either. I didn’t see a Troy polamalu, marlon Mccree(my Kentucky boy, do your research, type player yet. These players are smaller but dominate at the line of scrimmage and then get drafted and have solid Careers at the safety position in the nfl. I’m still waiting
I don't know what point you're trying to make. You say the Striker position is garbage, but then say DBs playing at the line of scrimmage are dominant and have solid careers in the NFL at safety. Sounds like a contradiction because the Striker plays closer to the line of scrimmage. He's just a safety moved up closer to the box which all safeties do from time to time depending on the defensive call.

We've had the Striker position for 2 seasons now. Not enough of a sample to draw a conclusion. I also bet Romeo Finley sticks with an NFL team. Striker is just another DB on the field. No big deal. We can just play 3 high safeties if that makes you feel better. You're just stuck on a label arguing semantics.

Advertisement
Back