Looks like Brantley is entering the portal

Advertisement
Why? That room is loaded, someone isn’t playing. McCormick is a straight up blocker, Arroyo and Skinner are receiving threats and you have a youngster coming in that has the tools too. Brantley is at best the 4th guy. I’m quite sure Mario didn’t push him out, he saw the writing on the wall and decides to bail.
He has a ton of potential and could be so much more , he came in and made an instant impact run blocking. Goes to the bench , comes back and does it again. He had a big hand in the UVA win. He’s one of the most underused , mishandled guys on the roster. Gattis and Mario had no clue how to use him.

He’s a purely blocking TE (who is woefully undersized and gets by entirely on want-to) and we just brought in a purely blocking TE who also is like 4 hours away from collecting a pension.

Your an underrated poster
mother of god danger GIF

Advertisement
The faster we turn this roster over the better

And I don’t mean that as a knock against this kid. Far from it I think he’s a good player

But the faster Mario gets his plan in gear then we don’t have to listen to the same excuses over and over again

Fair.

Players in “front” of him are:
- injured
- couldn’t catch as a freshman (he was pretty disappointing really from that perspective)
- unknown incoming
- Scott Patchan on offense

The faster we turn this roster over the better

And I don’t mean that as a knock against this kid. Far from it I think he’s a good player

But the faster Mario gets his plan in gear then we don’t have to listen to the same excuses over and over again
Just entirely new excuses.... Lol!!!!....
Sorry couldn't help myself... 🤣🤣🤣

He has a ton of potential and could be so much more , he came in and made an instant impact run blocking. Goes to the bench , comes back and does it again. He had a big hand in the UVA win. He’s one of the most underused , mishandled guys on the roster. Gattis and Mario had no clue how to use him.
He’s a tweener. He doesn’t fit what Miami wants to do and there are 3-4 guys at his position that fit what Miami wants to do. Cribby, I respect your opinion but we need to be realistic here. He wasn’t some crazy game breaking talent. He is a tweener that doesn’t have a role. He isn’t an elite enough athlete where an OC feels as if they HAVE to create for him.

Advertisement
He’s a tweener. He doesn’t fit what Miami wants to do and there are 3-4 guys at his position that fit what Miami wants to do. Cribby, I respect your opinion but we need to be realistic here. He wasn’t some crazy game breaking talent. He is a tweener that doesn’t have a role. He isn’t an elite enough athlete where an OC feels as if they HAVE to create for him.
You can’t judge somebody who’s never had a chance or been in any kind of position to succeed. Hes the best run blocker in that room and that’s not counting what he could be in a h back / te role. Lashlee will use him correctly. He mad e a good decision for his future I just wish he’d stayed through spring.

Fair.

Players in “front” of him are:
- injured
- couldn’t catch as a freshman (he was pretty disappointing really from that perspective)
- unknown incoming
- Scott Patchan on offense
A lot of unproven guys in that room yet we call Brantley unproven lol. The guy was here two years , one year was in a Gattis offense lol.

You can’t judge somebody who’s never had a chance or been in any kind of position to succeed. Hes the best run blocker in that room and that’s not counting what he could be in a h back / te role. Lashlee will use him correctly. He mad e a good decision for his future I just wish he’d stayed through spring.
Again, if he was the guy you think he is, he would have teams lining up for him, we know that’s likely not the case. He’s a contributor, not a deliverer. He’s someone you’d love to have on the roster but I’m not going to lose sleep over him leaving.

By the way, you can make the same “He wasn’t utilized correctly “ argument for Skinner and Arroyo( Before he was hurt). We are arguing legit upside vs a guy who at his best is a solid HBack, something that this OC isn’t using regularly.

Again, if he was the guy you think he is, he would have teams lining up for him, we know that’s likely not the case. He’s a contributor, not a deliverer. He’s someone you’d love to have on the roster but I’m not going to lose sleep over him leaving.

By the way, you can make the same “He wasn’t utilized correctly “ argument for Skinner and Arroyo( Before he was hurt). We are arguing legit upside vs a guy who at his best is a solid HBack, something that this OC isn’t using regularly.
How will teams be lining up for somebody who’s never had an opportunity, that doesn’t make sense. He’s been here two years and one was in a Gattis offense. With no coaches on staff who had a clue about scheming, Including the HC. Lashlee will likely take him because he knows the potential that’s there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
There were alot of guys in that situation with Gatass. He misused them all equally.

Advertisement
Back