Looks Like Barry Jackson had an undercover guy at the scrimmage

There's so much being said and nothing at all being said in this report. Ugh.

Did some team like place a curse on us a decade ago where we'll never get this issue fixed, no matter who the OC or OL coach is? JFC.
I promise you that OL pass protection & penalty issues are not exclusive to the U. Be glad we have an OC that isn't taking it lightly.

Advertisement
I promise you that OL pass protection & penalty issues are not exclusive to the U. Be glad we have an OC that isn't taking it lightly.

Haven’t heard a word about using a ‘fullback’ for extra protection.

this is why the people saying we'll start tate because of the O-line don't really make sense. mobility and actual pocket presence/poise are two different things. it's entirely possible that williams can manipulate the pocket better and thereby take fewer sacks than martell. and i'm a believer in tate
Lamar jackson was sacked 81 times in 2 years. If your o-line is bad a athletic qb won't mask it.

Advertisement
The thing that ****es me off the most about Richt from last year is that he NEVER gave Williams a chance to get game experience even though there were numerous times where he could have played.

Who knows that maybe just maybe if JW gets some game experience then all this QB battle is a moot point and the conversation would be about the OL rather than the QBs..Still can’t figure out why he wouldn’t put the kid in even as Rosier AND Perry continued to stink up the place..

I can't help but read a piece like this and think that its all an elaborate PR strategy to prevent 2 of the 3 from transferring.
It honestly crossed my mind that all this is some Jedi mind trick from Manny. We have 3 highly talented QBs and an elite QB coach. Every "report" is xyz was the best but xyz struggled. He wants the turds to think they got it in the bag.

Advertisement
Anyone know how did we punt (if that’s even practiced in scrimmage)? As it’s been mentioned before, our punting game handicapped our team multiple games last year

None of these QBs are scrubs. One was a former consensus 4 star recruit in Perry and the two others were top 80 talents nationally. It’s a talented group that’s in a heated battle
Agree, my only concern with Jarren and Perry though is they just started taking this seriously though. They are behind from where they could potentially be.

Advertisement
If you have concerns about the oline there are ways to scheme around it including going to shotgun more often, quick passes etc. it’s not hard and if enos is who we think he is, he knows this
How can anyone have concerns about our OL? I read on this site that we have had Alabama level talent on OL. Now that we have great coaches I’m sure we’ll play to that talent level. Right?

Rousseau was likely matched up with Herbert... Let's hope Rousseau is the real deal, and the multiple "sacks" aren't an indictment of Herbert.
^this!!! I will add though, Enos is not Richt, if he realizes something is not working with the personnel he has he will adjust his system not just sit there and think that this worked 30 years ago so it should work now....

Advertisement
I don’t understand why these guys assume that all the QBs suck just because they’re in a close battle.

My thoughts here are that the odds of having 3 really good QBs are pretty slim. Assuming they all suck because they’re competing closely is ridiculous, but I’d really love to hear that one kid was pulling away with the job simply because if not, the odds of having 3 equally good quarterbacks aren’t nearly as high as having 3 equally average ones. But assuming NONE of them can play because they haven’t separated is retarded.

The inexperienced/weak OL and QB uncertainty are why some pubs have us as low as 3rd in the Coastal. As for the QBs, is Manny just gonna draw a name out of a hat, or do Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine the starter?

Martell sacked 6x and can't throw downfield, Williams coulda had 3 INTs, and Perry is still committing unforced errors. Not good.

The thing that ****es me off the most about Richt from last year is that he NEVER gave Williams a chance to get game experience even though there were numerous times where he could have played.

Who knows that maybe just maybe if JW gets some game experience then all this QB battle is a moot point and the conversation would be about the OL rather than the QBs..Still can’t figure out why he wouldn’t put the kid in even as Rosier AND Perry continued to stink up the place..

I think it's been said he was "protecting" him.... maybe from the weak OL line... he had him practice all pre-Pinstripe bowl to be the #2 guy. Had him warm up and then left him standing on the sidelines

Advertisement
Back