Looks Like Barry Jackson had an undercover guy at the scrimmage

What’s different than you knew yesterday? 1 more turnover for Perry, Williams threw a couple of close possible ints, martell having more sacks than expected . Ok that’s the bad stuff but what about adding a couple nice throws from Perry and looking more comfortable compared to last year. Or Williams leading a couple of long drives and also knowing the system and martell making some plays. Hard to glean too much from sacks as I’m pretty sure they blow the play dead on these “touch” sacks which would be different in game
I look at it like this. With Tate: we don’t know if the sacks were avoidable or if he was holding the ball..with perry: we all know his talent, he flashed it last year. But what’s troubling is the Turnovers, him forcing throws
With Jarren: same as perry, we know he throws a pretty ball. We know he has talent, but him forcing the ball into coverage also troubling..I’ve wmw thought Tate would win the job. Too me it’s trending that way unless perry and Williams are lights out. Taking care of the ball had to be the most important thing

Advertisement
Just be fair to all the QB's. The spin cycle is on like a debate amongst crooked politicians. Perry has gotten obliterated on this board for taking too many sacks. A report comes out about Martell having 6 or more sacks, and the apologist went into full spin mode. Just be fair!!!

I look at it like this. With Tate: we don’t know if the sacks were avoidable or if he was holding the ball..with perry: we all know his talent, he flashed it last year. But what’s troubling is the Turnovers, him forcing throws
With Jarren: same as perry, we know he throws a pretty ball. We know he has talent, but him forcing the ball into coverage also troubling..I’ve wmw thought Tate would win the job. Too me it’s trending that way unless perry and Williams are lights out. Taking care of the ball had to be the most important thing

so canes brotherhood made a good point -- this was said by a UM official who was allowed to leak by manny. if manny does think what is being reported, it doesn't seem like any QB is in position to take the lead.

He's prone to fumbling. Had an issue with it last year.

He's actually pretty good at not throwing INT's (minus that UVA game which I think was an anomaly and I still think we win if Richt doesn't pull him there), but he holds that ball like a baby he doesn't want.
If I’m being honest, who among us holds a baby that they want

Are we assuming the OL played worse when Tate was QB? Bc the other guys didn’t take six sacks

Advertisement
Rousseau was likely matched up with Herbert... Let's hope Rousseau is the real deal, and the multiple "sacks" aren't an indictment of Herbert.

The turnovers are a killer for any qb no matter how pretty they throw or great an arm. The guy that makes the least amount of mistakes will start. Simple as that.

So let's say the stats are something like this --

Perry 17-21 180 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble, 1 Sack
Jarren 14-24 160 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 Rush TD, 2 Sacks
Tate 12-25 155 yds, 1 TD, 1 Rush TD, 30 Rush Yds, 5 sacks

Who you going with?

I got a feeling Enos and Manny are sooooooooo mad right now.

6 sacks, 3 weeks away from UF...wow. I was hoping that the OL had improved.

Advertisement
Fellas, y’all gotta look big picture here. Miami isn’t winning the NC, and unless they pull off one of the biggest upsets in recent memory, they’re not beating Clemson and making the playoffs (Clemson would be a 21+ point favorite at this point over Miami on a neutral field).

So what are we really looking for here?

We all have concerns about the OL & QB, whoever that may be. And they’re justified. This is simply not going to be a championship line, and we’re not getting championship play from the QB. But that’s fine. We’ve all said for 8 months, if the offense was just decent in 2018, we’re 11-1 most likely. So really, even with these concerns we all have, can this be a good enough offense to beat everyone on our schedule not named Clemson? I think it can. And it doesn’t have to be a world-beater, it just needs to be a step up from last year, which considering the coordinator and Rosier being ejected from the program, I don’t think that’s far-fetched. So, I understand the standard here will always be the same, but as fans let’s be realistic. Can these pieces produce an average to good offense? That should be the focus. They’re leading TD drives against what should be a ferocious defense in Scrimmage #1. That might be a positive.

Progress on that side, continued success from the defense, beat UF & FSU, win the coastal, and keep stacking chips on the trail.

Advertisement
So let's say the stats are something like this --

Perry 17-21 180 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble, 1 Sack
Jarren 14-24 160 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 Rush TD, 2 Sacks
Tate 12-25 155 yds, 1 TD, 1 Rush TD, 30 Rush Yds, 5 sacks

Who you going with?

I got a feeling Enos and Manny are sooooooooo mad right now.
It really is uncanny how dead even it is right now.

Maybe it isn’t, who knows. Does anyone know if and when a specific announcement is scheduled for?

Martell had the cleanest scrimmage in terms of not committing a turnover but was sacked a half dozen times.

May God have mercy on our QB's soul this season.
Sacks in non-contact scrimmages are useless. Even when we had an elite team in 2000-2002 we had some absurd sack numbers reported from scrimmages where the QB wasn’t live.

Advertisement
Super excited to see this kid. I hope he is the second coming of Ted Hendricks or Calais Campbell.

Greg rosseau must have like 20 sacks total in all the scrimmages he’s played. Kind of weird how patchan is still ahead of him. Nonetheless rosseau will get plenty of snaps this season.

Advertisement
Back