Looks Like Barry Jackson had an undercover guy at the scrimmage

There were a few in the spring game that were blown dead, but he was clearly escaping the pocket. We're just assuming of course, but from what I've seen in limited time, Tate is usually quick to react and buy time/scramble when the pressure is on. Guess we'll find out this week who is gonna take this job.
I mentioned before but he would've easily gotten away from a few "sacks" in the spring game.

Advertisement
Now I can’t tell if they were all good or if they all sucked
What’s different than you knew yesterday? 1 more turnover for Perry, Williams threw a couple of close possible ints, martell having more sacks than expected . Ok that’s the bad stuff but what about adding a couple nice throws from Perry and looking more comfortable compared to last year. Or Williams leading a couple of long drives and also knowing the system and martell making some plays. Hard to glean too much from sacks as I’m pretty sure they blow the play dead on these “touch” sacks which would be different in game

If we can’t get the OLine to tighten up in the next couple of weeks I think Enos is going to have to run the offense out of the gun rather than under center.

More excited about 26's emergence than any other player. As excited as I am about him and the defense in general though, I am just as worried about this OL.
Anybody will have trouble with this DL! But it's good they are getting their butts kick so they know what the **** they need to work on. Last year Richt played the OF against the 2 team DF and end up getting us clobbered and couldn't handle LSU's speed and first team "D" At least we had some sustained drives which is encouraging!

Advertisement
There's so much being said and nothing at all being said in this report. Ugh.

Did some team like place a curse on us a decade ago where we'll never get this issue fixed, no matter who the OC or OL coach is? JFC.
I would be concerned if he wasn’t upset about these things. I can’t remember the last time we had an OC that wasn’t 1. making excuses for his O or 2. calling a halfback pass in inclement weather.

Here’s what I know, without Barry Jackson: we have a first year OC trying to overhaul the 105th total offense in the country. This was his first scrimmage, and it was against one of the most complete defenses in college football. Unfortunately, he has to play a pretty good team right out of the gate, a rival no less, so every single vibration of the apparatus gets magnified times 1,000.

No matter what we are setting ourselves up for failure with the UF game. Lose and we’ll say, “nothing has changed”, win and we’ll starting pouring anointing oil like it’s cheap champagne. The reality will be somewhere short of both conclusions, where the Coastal is attainable but the effort necessary achieve it requires more effort than we want to believe.

Advertisement
sounds like the last couple years, I can see why Manny's stressing the no turnover mantra, we're gonna be a great D,field position team, need the Australian to be nails, and get the turnover magic going again

What’s different than you knew yesterday? 1 more turnover for Perry, Williams threw a couple of close possible ints, martell having more sacks than expected . Ok that’s the bad stuff but what about adding a couple nice throws from Perry and looking more comfortable compared to last year. Or Williams leading a couple of long drives and also knowing the system and martell making some plays. Hard to glean too much from sacks as I’m pretty sure they blow the play dead on these “touch” sacks which would be different in game
We're nearing the 11th hour without a QB being able to really separate himself. Ideally it would've happened already at this stage. If one doesn't emerge in the next 6 days then I would take that as a pretty bad sign.

Advertisement
Also the defense is supposed to be ahead of the offense. I hope Sat scrimmage is at the Rock. Going to be interesting to see what Enos does to adjust.

I would be concerned if he wasn’t upset about these things. I can’t remember the last time we had an OC that wasn’t 1. making excuses for his O or 2. calling a halfback pass in inclement weather.

Here’s what I know, without Barry Jackson: we have a first year OC trying to overhaul the 105th total offense in the country. This was his first scrimmage, and it was against one of the most complete defenses in college football. Unfortunately, he has to play a pretty good team right out of the gate, a rival no less, so every single vibration of the apparatus gets magnified times 1,000.

No matter what we are setting ourselves up for failure with the UF game. Lose and we’ll say, “nothing has changed”, win and we’ll starting pouring anointing oil like it’s cheap champagne. The reality will be somewhere short of both conclusions, where the Coastal is attainable but the effort necessary achieve it requires more effort than we want to believe.
I mean, hey, the last time we lost to UF to open a season we went on to win a championship.

Advertisement
We're nearing the 11th hour without a QB being able to really separate himself. Ideally it would've happened already at this stage. If one doesn't emerge in the next 6 days then I would take that as a pretty bad sign.
None of these QBs are scrubs. One was a former consensus 4 star recruit in Perry and the two others were top 80 talents nationally. It’s a talented group that’s in a heated battle

Man - we need a QB. 3 dudes and one is not stepping up. I saw Kosi last year so count me in as concerned.

Advertisement
Back