Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Losing Okunlola or McCoy would suck but reality is we would still be fine at OL. We have recruited well enough to the point where we actually have too many tackles IMO. Someone is sliding inside to guard and we can afford to lose 1.

I'm thinking it could be Sampson. He has a big NIL number and has not really cemented a starting spot. Similar situation to Wayne. D$ has alluded to things being run more like a business NFL organization. Those funds could be allocated to one of the portal players that has a better percentage of starting. Doesn't make a ton of sense for backups to be making massive deals.
"prob in the 2 deep" Sampson is in the 2 deep for sure..........

Advertisement
247 has us with 23 outgoing transfers with 13 incoming transfers, including the weekend additions. With summer enrollees I believe that puts us right at 85. With our shopping list, I am guessing we will see one to two more that will be asked to finish school off scholarship or to enter the transfer portal. Numbers are looking much better now for additional portal takes as needed.

I’m guessing the staff won’t push anyone else out unless needed (i.e. barrow wants in)

Remaining Portal Needs: NT, 3 Tech ... CB ... DE ... ... ... IOL
Wildcard: RB2 if Fletcher or Allen injuries are complicated.
* I know D$ mentioned a second WR at one point. That kid better be truly special if that's still an option.

So likely 3-4, but as many as 7 still to go.
The DE should be done if the medical test on the shoulder come out positive. Right now priority #1 is DT and a safety/niquel. When that is fill you move down your remaining needs against what is available.

Advertisement
Bud Elliott is the biggest idiot in this sport. He bumps every FSU recruit and acts like an analyst rather than the fanboy he is. Might as well put garnet and gold glitter on.

To be fair on their board before we got Martinez and Brown he said he would favor Miami over FSU slightly on a neutral field and by a few points at Hard Rock.

He’s only a blind homer because it drives engagement on Twitter from people, respectfully, like you.

Advertisement
Gaby says we are being surprisingly (to him) aggressive in the hunt for an LG.

Interested to see if any other interior linemen pop today. Kalepo would have been nice.

OL is a grown man position. Our top recruits are still kids. Hopefully they stay patient (the kids who don’t get pushed out) The more 3rd/4th/5th year linemen the greater the success. Look at Michigan last year.

Advertisement
Gaby says we are being surprisingly (to him) aggressive in the hunt for an LG.

Interested to see if any other interior linemen pop today. Kalepo would have been nice.
If we’re aggressively pursuing, probably a reason for it.

Where is Rivers lining up? Tackle because Bell and Samson aren’t ready?

Maybe Samson (potential cut in NIL) or McCoy (playing time) are hitting the portal...just a thought.
The Samson NIL thing is interesting. I would have to assume (or hope) that positions that take time to develop would be taken into consideration for NIL.

McCoy makes more sense to move along since that 2022 class is basically a bust. Not saying people saying NIL and Samson are wrong but the kid is still so young I would be disappointed if it was NIL related

Advertisement
Back